So who will Speedy add to his staff

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
dutchalum01

Re: So who will Speedy add to his staff

Post by dutchalum01 »

stuball888 wrote:No lets go out and get Josh Gray the LSU freshman in the transfer portal is 6 ft10 and 215 He went to high school in Brooklyn but grew up in St James Come back home Josh this is the perfect fit for you
This. ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Wow now listed at 6ft11 and 255 Je would be a beast in this league TP could do wonders with him
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

Did not know where to place this information, but our Old Friend, Mr. OG Sucker Punch from George Mason, Tony Skinn was just added to the Ohio State staff. He was previously on the Seton Hall staff.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yeah, apparently doing a good job in the coaching ranks. Acted like an idiot and did a majorly jerk move at the time... won't hate on him forever though of course, hopefully he has matured and is now on a solid path.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Staff now complete, and we retain Curtin and Cobian, as well as Sean Smith.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

ProudofPride wrote:Staff now complete, and we retain Curtin and Cobian, as well as Sean Smith.
Yeah so what do people think about all these coaches and support staff. Now if my math is correct we have three additional bodies all assistant coaches to Speedy. I'm happy they kept Cobian and Curtin they have been around this program for a while and Smith I suppose another integral piece of the puzzle. Just seems like on the face of it a lot of payroll to take on. No??
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Hey next year coach K is available Why not? So Polito here is the big splash hire you were talking about
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

:shock:
triplec2195 wrote:
ProudofPride wrote:Staff now complete, and we retain Curtin and Cobian, as well as Sean Smith.
Yeah so what do people think about all these coaches and support staff. Now if my math is correct we have three additional bodies all assistant coaches to Speedy. I'm happy they kept Cobian and Curtin they have been around this program for a while and Smith I suppose another integral piece of the puzzle. Just seems like on the face of it a lot of payroll to take on. No??
No additional bodies. All three of these guys had these exact same roles during the 2019-2020 season. Cobian and curtin just each slid up a rung during 2020-21 with Mihalich out.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraMathew wrote::shock:
triplec2195 wrote:
No additional bodies. All three of these guys had these exact same roles during the 2019-2020 season. Cobian and curtin just each slid up a rung during 2020-21 with Mihalich out.
Glad they are back - gives Speedy some continuity.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Plus we keep the C & C Chronicles.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraMathew wrote::shock:
triplec2195 wrote:
No actually referring to what we had this past season which was Farrelly, Claxton, Curtin and Cobian. Now we add three asst. Coaches and lose Farrelly so in terms of total bodies we have gone from 4 to 6. I forgot about Farrelly leaving so added two but much more experience then we had this past year.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

I am not following your concern. I believe at least in recent memory the team has always had 4 coaches including the head coach. So still the same number of coaches. Yea last year they had one less because Mihalich was out. They essentially didn’t replace Mihalich this past season.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Not concerned HM pleased because I think more is better. Seems to be very indicative of a major commitment to this program including all the buzz around Speedy as the new coach and the level and number of recruits we have landed. All very exciting to us diehard fans.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

triplec2195 wrote:Not concerned HM pleased because I think more is better. Seems to be very indicative of a major commitment to this program including all the buzz around Speedy as the new coach and the level and number of recruits we have landed. All very exciting to us diehard fans.
Ok agreed; misread your first comment on it then. The more the better. And they all seem like great pieces to help Speedy.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

The new team at work. Defense wins championships:

https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/1 ... 45187?s=20
Cards

Post by Cards »

Jojogunne wrote:The new team at work. Defense wins championships:

https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/1 ... 45187?s=20
Love it!

Wish we could see more "inside looks" at practices. These types of short glimpses are great. Gets me really hyped up for the season.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

https://gohofstra.com/news/2021/7/15/me ... staff.aspx

A reminder that tonight at 7 the Hofstra assistant coaches will be appearing for a roundtable chat. Above is link with details and a from to submit questions.