Tom Pecora

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Tom Pecora

Post by HUSID80 »

Was just relieved of his duties at Fordham University...I don't know what they are thinking up there but not even GOD can lead them to an Atlantic 10 Championship. They should look in the mirror and see what they really are...a competitive Patriot League or maybe even MAAC program
hualum

Re: Tom Pecora

Post by hualum »

I'd love to find my post from the day he left HU for Fordham. it was an AWFUL move on his part. . . AWFUL. We would have been a NCAA team in 2011 and lord knows what after that. It set us back 5 years (if not more) and now his career is probably over. Well done TP.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Agree with HU alum - Knew and wrote he was committing career suicide going to FU - too bad - had no chance to win there - should have stayed at HU - had a solid program and recruiting base - he's every bit as good as Mihalich (who hasn't impressed me at all). Looked like his teams were getting better - had some decent players and results toward the end. GL Coach P - and GL Fordham - you'll need it!
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

I don't think he got along well with our previous AD and after we dropped football may have thought cuts in bb program as well. I believe Fordham doubled his salary from 300k to 600k. Hope he saved his money-I am sure he will get a div 1 job sumwhere.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

bobe13 wrote:I don't think he got along well with our previous AD and after we dropped football may have thought cuts in bb program as well. I believe Fordham doubled his salary from 300k to 600k. Hope he saved his money-I am sure he will get a div 1 job sumwhere.
Pretty much the story...it did however cause us much grief and set our basketball program back several years. Will be interesting to see where and if he lands a Div I coaching job...Holy Cross????
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

See him going to the MAAC if there are any openings.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Good story on his firing in NY Post

http://nypost.com/2015/03/18/fordham-fo ... placement/
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Paschal a10 ROY... open season?
Polito

Post by Polito »

Was just a matter of time, knew either this yr or next... Bad move bad place and bad job

HU should be all over Paschal - comp will be tough but def go for him

Z, you also were as hard on TP as anyone else while he was here (and rightly so in sme areas) - but now he was and would've been just fine? I swear man you flip flop more than a politician lol :D

I guarantee if JM left for somewhere else you'd be posting the same positive about him 5 yrs from now - seems that any player or staff that's current has this that and the other wrong, but soon as the leave they're awesome - at least I'm consistently tough! 8-)

Quite frankly, as I said when TP left, it was time for both to part ways - no remorse here - Mo didn't work out but that wasn't the original plan, and doesn't mean TP should've been retained

And I happen to like JM a bit more than TP to be honest - very happy with this staff thus far, and its only the beginning
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

TP was foolish to go to Fordham, and foolish to go the year he would have had a starting 5 of Chaz, Charles, Moore, Halil, and GW here. That team would have done special things.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Dooku25 wrote:TP was foolish to go to Fordham, and foolish to go the year he would have had a starting 5 of Chaz, Charles, Moore, Halil, and GW here. That team would have done special things.
Water under the bridge. Did not work out for TP or us in the short term. He went for the money and we floundered. Happy where we are now with JAM and crew but hope TP lands on his feet. NO ONE CAN WIN AT FORDHAM AS LONG AS THEYRE IN THE A10
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

HUSID80 dont want here excuses. TP could not win at the CAA level because VCU played the tourney at Home. Now the A-10 tourney is played in Fordhams back yard and in 5 years he could not even get to the middle of the pack. The man can recruit and can see him at Villanova as Wrights asst. Parratta is a decent recuiter for Pecora. He was responsible for getting Chris Springfelder (sp) to go to Fordham.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

stuball888 wrote:HUSID80 dont want here excuses. TP could not win at the CAA level because VCU played the tourney at Home. Now the A-10 tourney is played in Fordhams back yard and in 5 years he could not even get to the middle of the pack. The man can recruit and can see him at Villanova as Wrights asst. Parratta is a decent recuiter for Pecora. He was responsible for getting Chris Springfelder (sp) to go to Fordham.
What are you saying Stu? Who do you think can lead Fordham as currently constituted to an A10 title...not even the ghost of John Wooden. Taking that job with them in the A10 is career suicide.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Not a title but with this current crop of players with the right coach I see Fordham can finish at least 6th next year.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

I hope we go after Severe and Paschall. Specifically Severe who was horribly mismanaged during his time at Fordham. Paschall may be the higher level player, but I think he will jump to a major program.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

don't think there's enough shots here for severe.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

A couple times thoughout this season, I noticed Severe and Speedy engaging in Twitter conversations with each other, so we might have a chance to get him if they have an established relationship.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:I hope we go after Severe and Paschall. Specifically Severe who was horribly mismanaged during his time at Fordham. Paschall may be the higher level player, but I think he will jump to a major program.
Severe: a 33-34% shooter over his first 1,400+ minutes in college. No thanks.

Paschall: also inefficient (42% this year, 32% from 3). He scored a lot because he led Fordham in shots. Has ability and has only played one year though, so with upside, can possibly become more efficient and a real good player with more experience. Only there for a year, Fordham struggling, Pecora out, now's the time to pounce if he's looking for another option.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Polito wrote:Was just a matter of time, knew either this yr or next... Bad move bad place and bad job

HU should be all over Paschal - comp will be tough but def go for him

Z, you also were as hard on TP as anyone else while he was here (and rightly so in sme areas) - but now he was and would've been just fine? I swear man you flip flop more than a politician lol :D

I guarantee if JM left for somewhere else you'd be posting the same positive about him 5 yrs from now - seems that any player or staff that's current has this that and the other wrong, but soon as the leave they're awesome - at least I'm consistently tough! 8-)

Quite frankly, as I said when TP left, it was time for both to part ways - no remorse here - Mo didn't work out but that wasn't the original plan, and doesn't mean TP should've been retained

And I happen to like JM a bit more than TP to be honest - very happy with this staff thus far, and its only the beginning

Don't know what you are talking about! Never had a problem with TP and said he never should have left. Would have had his best team ever the next season Thought Welsch was a great hire under the circumstances too bad he had a lapse in judgment. Glad he landed on his feet - knows his basketball. Love for you to find those posts because they don't exist. Further JM will never duplicate Pecora's record here - and if he comes close it will only be because of vastly weakened CAA. Let's see what JM does after his "boys" Green and Tanksley are gone.
Speaking of flip-flops you are the biggest one on this board - try rereading some of your own posts instead of making up BS about mine!
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Last 6 years at HU Pecora 121-70 633 win % - Although my posts on this thread never mention "he was and would've been just fine" that's a damn good record! Actually that is and was fine! Also didn't leave the cupboard bare like Jay did (and I'm not killing him Coach Wright either). Fact remains the Va programs (VCU, ODU, GMU) were just better than ours. It's not like any other CAA team was winning those championships. Never wanted him to leave, shouldn't have left! Don't believe he would have if not for a number of circumstances.
PS-JM last 6 yrs at Niagara (decidedly inferior league) 105-90 .538