Men's Basketball Schedule 2021-2022

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
joeg1

Re: Men's Basketball Schedule 2021-2022

Post by joeg1 »

triplec2195 wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:I thought Stu posted that Richmond was coming here?????
So nobody wants to respond to this but I wonder after beating Richmond playing on their court last year why they're not going to play us at the Mack? It's disrespectful but does it more have to do with paying out guaranteed money?? The only team I see us playing at home as of RIGHT NOW IS BUCKNELL with 3 more games yet TBA/TBD. I understand why we're on the road to Iona but why can't we get teams(big conference) to play here??
Just a guess, but I think a payday opportunity has something to do with it. They draw about 7k a game. Maybe they offered us $50k or so to break the deal.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

joeg1 wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:I thought Stu posted that Richmond was coming here?????
So nobody wants to respond to this but I wonder after beating Richmond playing on their court last year why they're not going to play us at the Mack? It's disrespectful but does it more have to do with paying out guaranteed money?? The only team I see us playing at home as of RIGHT NOW IS BUCKNELL with 3 more games yet TBA/TBD. I understand why we're on the road to Iona but why can't we get teams(big conference) to play here??
Just a guess, but I think a payday opportunity has something to do with it. They draw about 7k a game. Maybe they offered us $50k or so to break the deal.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
So was their a deal in place that was broken? I know it was posted here that we were playing them at home but I didn't know whether that was a mistake or whether that was accurate. We all understand about $$ being the bottom line but there are schools in our conference that get big schools to play their. So are we to assume they have deeper pockets then us??
Polito

Post by Polito »

HU has done a pitiful job with their home schedule for YEARS, and every year they act like they do such a great job :?

And every year I mention or post other CAA schools that get POWER 5 opponents on their floor and HU wants to do backflips when La Salle comes in - I’ve been harping on this for who know how long - HUs staff needs to learn some lessons from their counterparts on the home portion

Now where HU has done really well IMO is to schedule amazingly cool matchups either on the road or locally at one of the big venues - playing UCLA, getting Kentucky and Nova in NY, are phenomenal - that they’ve crushed, and this staff looks to be on a similar path hopefully... this sched is fantastic, we just need a good home game and a good local venue one.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I would love to get the Bonnies in here someone had them ranked in the top 20 preseason they're a tough opponent but easier to beat here I'd imagine and then maybe try to get one of the Ivy League schools here possibly Penn or maybe a home /away series with Princeton every year. St Peters let's play them it's been a long time endless possibilities.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Its interesting that HU is the only CAA team that is not participating in an early season tournament. I don't really care as long as our OOC schedule is a good one - and right now it looks like it is a good one. Just thought it was interesting. Since HU is typically involved in a OOC tourney, do you think its simply a matter of trying to avoid circumstances of having covid impact team/coaches?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Those tournaments are usually scheduled one or two years in advance.

Maybe our coaching changes (Joe --->Mike--->Speedy) had something to do with it.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

December 18 vs Arkansas, in Little Rock.

https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/202 ... -schedule/
Cards

Post by Cards »

WOW - another great game. Shaping up, IMO, to be the best OOC schedule HU has ever had (as far as I can recall)!

Maryland, Arkansas, Houston, several A-10 games. Even with a very good CAA season record, it has historically been tough to get a good net ranking because the CAA has lost some of its luster and the OOC schedules have decent or less than decent. Speedy has put together the type of schedule that provides high level competition and the opportunity for a good HU team to be recognized. Now all HU has to do is play well in those games - no small feat for sure. I think anything better than an OOC .500 record will be deemed successful. Thoughts??
Polito

Post by Polito »

Heck yeah, SEC P5, take that all day long!! Love it! OOC looking fantastic, and HU looking to really challenge themselves - always believed you gotta give yourself the opps to make national noise - and HU has done it recently - this schedule is no joke, but if this team can unify they will clearly have opps to make their name known.

Now… PLS do something about the home games - pitiful so far - gotta give us SOMETHING - even a local venue highlight for goodness sake. Still 2 more for us to learn of right? Fingers crossed…
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Look for us to add University of Detroit to the schedule if not this year then next year
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

University of Detroit (commonly known as Detroit Mercy) had Antoine Davis be second in Division I with 24.0 points per game, but I don't know if he will play for them again. He shot threes .372 and was fifth in free throw percentage at .917. That's from ESPN. The NCAA, conferences, and ESPN may use different standards of games and shots needed to qualify for statistics leaders.
HU87

Post by HU87 »

My bet is that Speedy and Arkansas' coach, Eric Musselman, have a good relationship from when EM coached speedy in Golden State. Great example of how these potential connections can make a world of difference in scheduling.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Would be awesome if Arkansas game airs on SEC Network.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

EvanJ wrote:University of Detroit (commonly known as Detroit Mercy) had Antoine Davis be second in Division I with 24.0 points per game, but I don't know if he will play for them again. He shot threes .372 and was fifth in free throw percentage at .917. That's from ESPN. The NCAA, conferences, and ESPN may use different standards of games and shots needed to qualify for statistics leaders.
What's the connection with Detroit?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

None that I know just that Hofstra and Detroit looking to upgrade their OOC schedule Look at Detroits schedule from the last few years That could be a clue
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Great sluthing Pathfinder looks like a good fit for both teams
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

According to the D! Docket and the Monmouth websites, HU at Monmouth, Wednesday, December 22. So far, HU has only one home game scheduled in the first ten games listed.
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

Detroit at Hofstra, Nov. 27. Educated guess, but pretty confident.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

This Detroit team shot almost 40% from beyond the arc last year and had John Calipari's son playing there the last two years. Not a great player but did contribute a couple of years ago. The coach Mike Davis also has his son as an assistant coach as well. Just some background tidbits other then them playing in the Horizon League don't know anything about this team but probably better competition then some of the OOC teams we have played in the past.