Media Thread

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
hualum

Re: Media Thread

Post by hualum »

WAGS- I think this SATURDAY is a HUGE test at NE. Get by that and we are at win 20; 17 in a row. . .and picking up steam. Biggest test of this streak IMO.
Wags

Post by Wags »

hualum wrote:WAGS- I think this SATURDAY is a HUGE test at NE. Get by that and we are at win 20; 17 in a row. . .and picking up steam. Biggest test of this streak IMO.
For sure. We already saw what kind of test NU gave during this streak at home. Took rallying from 9 down with under 5 minutes left before winning on a last-second 35-footer. So no doubt, this will be a challenge in Boston. That one and at Charleston (which comes up fairly soon after Saturday at NU). If they can somehow get those two, I think it's more than likely they'll run the table.
Polito

Post by Polito »

The NBC piece was GREAT, watched it at midnight last night - great stuff, awesome exposure, and the guys did a super job representing themselves, this program, and HU. Proud alum!

How anyone with a tie to this school / community / etc. can not root for and pay attention to this team is beyond me - fantastic kids, fantastic story, historic season - got it all... now just gotta complete it all the way through (not just to) the dance!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:Great piece in Newsday about JT.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ ... 1.26571124
Thanks FD nice link and maybe Newsday is getting on board.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Good piece on Channel 7Eyewitness News....interview with Joe at practice...."The winningest team in New York."
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:Good piece on Channel 7Eyewitness News....interview with Joe at practice...."The winningest team in New York."
Keep it coming. The media and the wins!!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote:Nice story on the NCAA website. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ing-streak

Also, JAM will be on SNY tonight https://twitter.com/emacSNY/status/1090407763455500288
I like this:

Giants, they’re not. Taylor is the only player among the top seven scorers taller than 6-5.
“It’s heart over height at the end of the day,” Pemberton said.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Thanks for the link. This is probably the best article about the team we've seen this year.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Still making the rounds - Mihalich on The Michael Kay Show this evening:

https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/1 ... 0046129153
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

The school can't buy this much publicity...unless they're willing to fork over another $3 million for a debate! LOL
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Even though it doesn't involve a New York team, always tough to crack the sports media on Super Bowl week.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Jerry great article. One thing else that the Islanders and Hofstra have in common, the Islanders are broadcast on Hofstras radio station WRHU.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Maybe the Islanders and Hofstra could do a joint promotion. Let think outside the box. Maybe the first 500 at an Islander game gets free Hofstra tickets. How about Hofstra gives out free drinks if you come in with an Islander jersey on.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Hofstra used to have the "Pride Zone" at the Coliseum. An entire section just for Hofstra students. $15 for a ticket with a $5 food voicher. I don't think they're quite at that level of desperation again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Wags wrote:Still making the rounds - Mihalich on The Michael Kay Show this evening:

https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/1 ... 0046129153
I watched this tonight and just more exposure and positive feedback on a show that I believe has a big audience. Although Michael Kay is knowledgeable and very professional I don't think he spent too much time familiarizing himself with Hofstra stats etc. It was obvious he was doing a fair amount of reading to keep the conversation accurate. Joe was good and had funny lines re his father and Whitey Ford rooming together when they played in the minor leagues and they also mentioned Jay Wright. More importantly he said that NE was the team to beat and when asked about Justin as an NBA hopeful he said if he's not he's the closest thing to an NBA prospect. A nice interview done well by the coach which lasted about 9 minutes or so.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

ProudofPride wrote: Nice story on the NCAA website. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ing-streak
It says:

"“Hofstra is known in Long Island, but I don’t think a lot of people (elsewhere) know,” junior guard Eli Pemberton said."

One day, while I was a student, I walked to McDonald's and got picked up by my aunt and uncle, You can walk in the parking lot from Hempstead Turnpike or Uniondale Avenue, and I didn't know what part of the lot they would be in. Based on what direction I approached the car from, they thought Hofstra was east of McDonald's. I was surprised that anybody could have lived in Merrick for over 20 years and not have a better idea of where Hofstra was.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Evan maybe they were confused and thought they were going to the coliseum