New Athletic Director

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: New Athletic Director

Post by Polito »

Agree yes, but it should not be a choice of one or the other. D1 for goodness sake, invest and elevate the program - having a properly functioning scoreboard, electronic ad capability like everyone else in this decade, and marketing properly to pull solid crowds are not all mutually exclusive of each other.

All of this should be standard. IMO this is exactly why HU brought in an exciting young innovative progressive hire like Cole. Otherwise, if it's par for the course for the next few years, it's a complete waste.

I am hopeful, cautiously of course, but really excited to see what can be accomplished now!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Have said Hofstra reactive than proactive. Hofstra reminds me of using yesterday’s technology tomorrow
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

It shouldn't be, but until they start pulling in some decent revenue, it's going to be that way. "Division I" includes some of the same schools in conference that are still playing in places with pull out benches (looking at you, Drexel).
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

So, is today the first day for the new AD Cole at HU? What would all of the posters like to see the new AD accomplish after the first few weeks on the job? We all hope it is the start of a great new time for HU Athletics. So I would like to wish AD Cole good luck.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Met Rick at the NCAA lacrosse quarter finals on Saturday.
Judging from first impressions I am impressed.
Very personable, engaged and is TRULY excited about what Hofstra currently has to offer and where we can go.
Also understands the unique challenges and opportunities on LI...he's one of us!
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To HUSID74, Coming from a very informed and intelligent observer, that is encouraging information. I am looking forward to a new and better direction for HU Athletics.
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

anyone spoken to the new guy yet?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I think I saw him at Best Buy checking out large-screen TVs. :)
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Jojogunne wrote:I think I saw him at Best Buy checking out large-screen TVs. :)
Yeah and state of the art scoreboards as well!!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Good one triplec
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:Good one triplec
Thanks SID what's the likelihood that with the new AD they start throwing some money towards our basketball program. They need to market around the POY JWF and get some serious fans in the stands this year!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I would agree with you but don't know if it likely as the budget for the coming year is probably set...maybe if he can raise some money?????
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:I would agree with you but don't know if it likely as the budget for the coming year is probably set...maybe if he can raise some money?????
We have discussed this before and I wonder why we couldn't get a sponsorship with a company lets say like Apple. Let's think outside the box for a minute and theorize that if we let Apple open a store on the campus with everyone walking around with I-phones and other Apple products it would appear this could be a win for them(Apple) and provide a service for the students. Let's go a step further and say they would sponsor us putting up a new scoreboard and front the money. Is this totally off the wall or could it happen??
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

From what I understand Rabinowitz did not wAnt any corporate name on the scoreboard
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Maybe David Mack will fund a new scoreboard. After all, his name is on the arena.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

And every other building on the north side of the campus except the softball stadium
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Our new AD joined the twitter world, if anyone is interested in following him. https://mobile.twitter.com/RickColeJrHU