Hofstra baseball 2022

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: Hofstra baseball 2022

Post by triplec2195 »

Yeah on a given day u could lose to just about anyone.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

So we lose to Stony Brook yesterday 15-7 a real pitchers duel actually close until they scored 4 runs in the 7th. The only sport we beat S.B. IN THIS PAST YEAR WAS SOCCER both mens and womens. This may not bode well for US now that they're in the CAA.
Polito

Post by Polito »

This may not bode well for US now that they're in the CAA.
Is it starting to sink in? Already called this... this conf expansion is going to be a nightmare for HU, and will ultimately sink the CAA to low major status. Mark my words. They don't have enough leadership that has displayed any clue as to how to not only run the conf, but to actually elevate it. Neither has HU for that matter. HU needs to go ALL OUT to make mens hoops a champion to be attractive enough to go elsewhere in the coming years.

Regardless, losing to SBU across the board like HU has this year is shameful. HU athletics feels stagnate and needs help. The conf championships have fallen off a cliff. Frankly, I haven't seen much from Cole yet to be impressed. Expected a clear difference... just more of the same from my view, if not continuing to fall backwards while others advance. Once again we are wondering if Cole is actually in charge of anything or completely handcuffed by an admin lacking a proper D1 sports mindset.

Topic for another thread though.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

So on Friday the 13th Hofstra beats JMU 6-4 AND NOW IS 24-21 13-9 IN THE CAA. With tha win we insure ourselves a winning record in the CAA for only the second time in 21 years. This is huge and kudos to the team and its coaches. Maybe good things will be on the horizon. Catalanotto has done good things here in his first year.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Agreed, great job by the new staff in kicking this program into gear. Think we were picked last in the CAA...tremendous year...let's make some noise is the CAA Champs!
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

triplec2195 wrote:So on Friday the 13th Hofstra beats JMU 6-4 AND NOW IS 24-21 13-9 IN THE CAA. With tha win we insure ourselves a winning record in the CAA for only the second time in 21 years. This is huge and kudos to the team and its coaches. Maybe good things will be on the horizon. Catalanotto has done good things here in his first year.

Beat JMU again Saturday 6-5 on a 3 run walk off HR by Jake Liberatore. Now 14-9, 25-21. 2nd place in the CAA.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito

Post by Polito »

This is an incredible showing of a traditionally terrible program. KUDOS to this group, awesome to see!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Yet another walk off win for the Pride, this time in the CAA Playoffs. This team is special!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Wow, that is awesome, great stuff! UNCW is the 2 seed, they took 2 of 3 from HU this year I believe, just gotta keep battling! I don't know the setup for this, what's after this game? How many rounds? Presuming it's single elimination for the conf tourney?
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Polito wrote:Wow, that is awesome, great stuff! UNCW is the 2 seed, they took 2 of 3 from HU this year I believe, just gotta keep battling! I don't know the setup for this, what's after this game? How many rounds? Presuming it's single elimination for the conf tourney?
It is a double elimination tournament. Here is the bracket information.

https://caasports.com/tournaments/?id=182
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I’m surprised Coach Catalanotto wasn’t coach of the year, given that the team was picked last and finished 3rd, and took 2 of 3 from #1 Charleston.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

ProudofPride wrote:I’m surprised Coach Catalanotto wasn’t coach of the year, given that the team was picked last and finished 3rd, and took 2 of 3 from #1 Charleston.
Not picking Catalanotto for coach of the year was total BS...hopefully that lights a fire under this team which has exceeded expectations far beyond any Hofstra team in recent memory.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

We beat UNCW for our second win in the playoffs! Awesome win! Did anyone mention NCAA Championship!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Gotta love it! Really enjoy rooting for this group - I’m VERY late to the game, never follow HU baseball, but they display the dog I love to see in sports teams. Easy to support a group that fights to the end and doesn’t quit.

You might be right HUSID, team seems special - what Coach C his staff and this team have done in 1 year is absolutely incredible - this program was a doormat, and could’ve been scrapped without blinking an eye.

COLE: PAY THIS MAN!

These are the kind of coaches you need to keep as long as possible!

Game vs NU postponed to tomorrow, rest up and go get em boys!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Polito wrote:Gotta love it! Really enjoy rooting for this group - I’m VERY late to the game, never follow HU baseball, but they display the dog I love to see in sports teams. Easy to support a group that fights to the end and doesn’t quit.

You might be right HUSID, team seems special - what Coach C his staff and this team have done in 1 year is absolutely incredible - this program was a doormat, and could’ve been scrapped without blinking an eye.

COLE: PAY THIS MAN!

These are the kind of coaches you need to keep as long as possible!

Game vs NU postponed to tomorrow, rest up and go get em boys!
POL sad that there is not much talk here about the grit of this team and its coach...he has done wonders!!!! We were predicted to finish LAST in the League. Whos says Northern schools can't win in baseball....GO PRIDE!!!!!!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Love this and I'm going to start following this team. They're on quite a roll and really believing in themselves. That's is big time for them. Let's get a CAA championship in baseball. From RAGS TO RICHES!!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Lets not get too far ahead
Coach Catalano has done a great job with this group but also remember that he was not left with an empty cupboard Coach Russo most of these players are his players that he recruited and has developed now as far as Northeastern is concerned they are the team that could probably give us the most trouble we don’t match up well against them and if you take a look at our record over the last few years we’ve only beaten them a few times so if this team is focused and the most important thing is to get great pitching because this Northeastern team can jump on you very quickly
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

11:00 game live on FloSports
Cards

Post by Cards »

Still in the bottom of the first and HU is up 5-1. A three run and a two run dinger.