Coaching search

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
The Shadow

Re: Coaching search

Post by The Shadow »

Good Luck to Mike F. Happy Valley should be a nice place for his young family. Thanks for all the hard work you've done for HU. Also saw that Northeastern's top assistant went to the new staff at Boston College.
dutchalum01

Coaching search

Post by dutchalum01 »

Penn State will be a nice jumping point for Mike F. Great school to lay down roots for the time being and presents a great opportunity for a head coaching position at a later date. The moves for both Speedy and Farrelly could be the best thing to happen to both of them, and hopefully for Hofstra and PSU. Would love to see some mountain lions face off against our pride of lions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ahhh, really excited about this for Mike, that's a really place to land - nice program, awesome P5 conf, super exposure, and the chance to go up against the true big dogs on a regular basis. I like this MUCH better than Fordham, although that's of course more local for the fam, but I think this is a much better career move and the kiddos are young enough to not feel it.

Go get 'em Mike!!!

That Chris P shoutout was awesome! No doubt the national exposure Speedy brings is a big boost for HU. Now let's see them cash in on it - not interested in the mental stroking, let's see some elevation from it - land that big time staff, recruit like bosses, and let's see this program take things to the next level!
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

https://twitter.com/brucebeck4ny/status ... 25696?s=21

Speedy will be on Bruce Beck show tonight

daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

stuball888 wrote:Penn State coach is from Brooklyn Likes Farrellys northeast ties. Good for Mike.
Love that MF is going to PSU - Ive gone to a few games there and its a great venue - and decent fan support.
* Don’t think new coach Shwersberry is from Brooklyn (former interim coach Ferry was a LIer)
I do think Ferrellys Philly connection is a value at PSU
Good Luck Mike see you at the Bryce Jordan Center
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Ok guys I am going to throw out another name. This guy is an 18 year NBA vet he was an asst coach for the NY Knicks for at least 6years and most recently was an asst coach for the NY Liberty. after the 2019 season he left coaching. He is 63 years old and still young enough to have one last fling as an asst coach. He can definitely coach big men since he is 6ft10. Anybody care to guess who this guy is?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Stu - Bill laimbeer?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Not happening
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Not Lambeer Cmon guys he played for the Knicks too! He was an asst coach for the liberty till 2019
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Herb williams?
Met him and John starks a number of years ago at a golf dinner. Very nice guy. I told
Starks I was still mad at him about the foul that broke Kenny Anderson's wrist and never got to see that team healthy in the playoffs. He didn't have much to say

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I think Herb Williams would be a great fit.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Feels like Farrelly has a lot of those Philly-area connections (in media i've read about Cramer/Barrouk it seems like MF is credited with the process), whereas Speedy is a straight NYC guy. Makes sense why Penn State would want MF in the building to get those kids to head west.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Wags

Post by Wags »

HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

I thought this was his best media appearance thus far and Jared Greenberg did great job making his fellow Hofstra alum feel comfortable. He still has a ton of work ahead of him though in terms of making the interviews better and hope he is getting proper media training in his néw role.

Polito

Post by Polito »

Speedy's interviews have been great, have to say I'm really enjoying them - he's here to win, and seems hungry with high standards to do so, and that makes me very happy.

I'd like to see a STAFF, like yesterday, but the press from Speedy has been BIG.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

https://twitter.com/colincurtin/status/ ... 77889?s=21

I assume this ambiguous tweet is about our new recruit, based on the Lion and blue and gold. I’ve seen coaches have ambiguous posts like that when there’s a commit they can’t yet talk about if they haven’t signed yet.
I take it he’ll still be part of the staff, if he posted that.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

On his twitter account, he still lists himself as a Hofstra coach as well. The question would then be why was he removed from the Hofstra website?

Coach Cobian has also been retweeting Speedy's interviews.