Hofstra softball 2021

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: Hofstra softball 2021

Post by stuball888 »

The stats have been revised and we stole 10 bases in the first game too. We were 20-20 in the double header.
Now I have to revive my initial assessment of the team.
When I first spoke to coach Miller he said that this team has more speed than any team he ever had. So we are what we are. We will not be the power teams of Bill Edwards and Larissa Anderson. This team is built for speed. We have hit 9 triples and 22 doubles in 16 games. I will take that. Now lets not get too giddy. Towson just sucks this year. We were picked to finish last in the CAA north and Delaware first. Right now we are first at 4-1. Still there is a lot of the season left and we still have to work on things. We committed 6 errors in 2 games yesterday. That has to be cleaned up quick. None of our pitchers are strikeout artist but pitch to contact and mostly sinkerballers. Our defense will be key. We cant let our opponents get too many second chances and extend their innings. keep the walks to minimum and we actually have a chance to make it to the championship series.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

So today we play SBU this will be a tough DH for us SBu is deep with 3 solud pitchers and one possible AA I would be thrilled with a split today
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Ok now Im impressed. Maddie Burns with probably her best pitched game at Hofstra as we beat SBU and their ace Bodrung 4-1. Maddies sinker was working as she induced 15 ground balls. Also we made no errors. This is this teams best game as we beat a very good SBU team which was 16-6 coming in. Maddie struck out 3 and walked none. So limit the walks and field well and this team will scratch out enough runs to win. BTW we stole 4 bases today. Onto game two Now I want the sweep.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

stuball888 wrote:Ok now Im impressed. Maddie Burns with probably her best pitched game at Hofstra as we beat SBU and their ace Bodrung 4-1. Maddies sinker was working as she induced 15 ground balls. Also we made no errors. This is this teams best game as we beat a very good SBU team which was 16-6 coming in. Maddie struck out 3 and walked none. So limit the walks and field well and this team will scratch out enough runs to win. BTW we stole 4 bases today. Onto game two Now I want the sweep.
Thanks for the update Stu! Behind basketball this would be my go to team, and in the past watched them. With the move to flosports, I believe it’s “pay to play” and haven’t taken the leap. If this team continues to perform I’ll be looking into this further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I guess whatever magic the team had last weekend against Towson ran out this weekend against Drexel. The team was swept, including getting no-hit in game 2, and a walk-off in game 3. :oops:
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

twice we had leads we could not hold. Pitching is still inconsistent as is fielding. We ran ourselves out of some big innings fielding could be better. It just comes down to this good teams dont beat themselves.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

First time since 1991 Hofstra has lost a series to Drexel. Dragons are 15-3 so they seem much improved from past.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

They have some real good players on that team. Rush and Demeo are good hitters and Brooklyn Daly is one of the three best pitchers in the CAA.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Sigh... frustrating. I imagine if I ask this will be the same nonsense about Softball that we hear about lax? The game has changed, others are better, more teams playing, not HU's fault, no one could really be expected to do better here, it's so much harder, blah blah blah blah

One day instead of the constant excuses for dipping programs around here I'd like to see expectations for HU to actually keep up with the landscape of the sports they play.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

The reason we won the CAA in the past was we had better pitchers Galati and Lotti and tough seasoned pitchers like Parrone and Lashley. Also we had pitchers good enough to compete with the best such as Cornell who by the way transferred to Alabama.
dutchalum01

Hofstra softball 2021

Post by dutchalum01 »

Polito wrote:Sigh... frustrating. I imagine if I ask this will be the same nonsense about Softball that we hear about lax? The game has changed, others are better, more teams playing, not HU's fault, no one could really be expected to do better here, it's so much harder, blah blah blah blah

One day instead of the constant excuses for dipping programs around here I'd like to see expectations for HU to actually keep up with the landscape of the sports they play.
like I’ve said in the past, this program has been one of the premier programs in the northeast. No reason we can’t recruit top girls and top pitchers. I pray to god the new President puts an emphasis on sports in addition to education. Living in Minnesota, and traveling home in 2001, I can’t tell you how many people commented on my Hofstra hoodies, why, because our basketball team was in the tourney and because we had players like Chrebet and Colston in the NFL. Sports sells, winning sports really sells. I’d argue the university would have benefited more investing the money for second presidential debate into the athletic department in lieu of would have seen a larger return for the university.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:The reason we won the CAA in the past was we had better pitchers Galati and Lotti and tough seasoned pitchers like Parrone and Lashley. Also we had pitchers good enough to compete with the best such as Cornell who by the way transferred to Alabama.
Had Larissa not left and we retained Cornell and Dandola I have no doubt we would have remained a top-flight program. Hopefully we will get back there.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraPride1 wrote:
stuball888 wrote:The reason we won the CAA in the past was we had better pitchers Galati and Lotti and tough seasoned pitchers like Parrone and Lashley. Also we had pitchers good enough to compete with the best such as Cornell who by the way transferred to Alabama.
Had Larissa not left and we retained Cornell and Dandola I have no doubt we would have remained a top-flight program. Hopefully we will get back there.
Larissa - also took 2-3 position from HU to Missouri - so we certainly would have been a top team with her still here.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

The slide continues as we get run ruled by Delaware 11-0. Thats two games were we have been shutout. We need to bounce back as Delawares second line pitching is weak. This second game could be who ever gets to 10 first wins.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

So I was off by one run. Delawares second line pitching didnt disappoint as we pull off a 9-5 win in the second game.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Down 11-0 again to Delaware today, currently in the 7th inning.
This is downright embarrassing.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

WE score 5 runs in the 7th as we finally get to delawares ace but this is more about our lack of pitching. We gave up 27 runs in 3 games. You are not going anywhere with pitching like that. Coach Miller need to find pitching or we could be looking for a new staff in 2022.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Guys, relax, don't worry... There's no way the HU admin would ever let a once proud champion program toil in mediocracy or worse for a long period of time w/out taking the proper action they are paid to do to right the ship and ensure that HU operates a successful and prosperous athletic department with standards of playing at the highest level, winning CAA championships, and playing in NCAAT's!

Good things come to those who wait... and wait... and wait... and wait... an...
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Today at1 pm we face Fordham This will be the best team we face this year They beat SBU twice and think they are 25-5 this year Lets see this team dig down deep and make a game of it
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:Today at1 pm we face Fordham This will be the best team we face this year They beat SBU twice and think they are 25-5 this year Lets see this team dig down deep and make a game of it
Yeah lol Stu maybe the rain will help our pitching or better yet force a rainout!!