MBB Recruits 2020

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: MBB Recruits 2020

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:Hofstra gets their experienced point

h/t Dooku

https://twitter.com/AdamFinkelstein/sta ... 42720?s=19
Just saw this on v/c awesome a combo looking guard who is listed as a shooting guard. He reminded me right away of Vasa Pusica also from Serbia. There's a lot on you tube re this kid playing International ball.

https://youtu.be/ydLQHGidLWk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Really like this signing and we'll see how it plays out. Building the new CAA championship team one player at a time.
garyg

Post by garyg »

In videos kid looks like a very talented all around player
Cards

Post by Cards »

Really like this signing. Kid really has great court vision, the type of guy that makes other players better. Can handle the ball, good passing, nice J, can take it to the hoop, nice tear drop, looks like a real player. Very good fundamental skills - kinda reminds me partly of the older euro players that all had good fundamentals but looked too mechanical playing the game - this guy has the sound game without the mechanical look. I could see IK (inside) and TC/JR (outside) being fed by this guy all night long.

As some one noted, it appears he will come in with more than "freshman" experience. As long as he can make a smooth transition, he likely can contribute next season.

some games in video hew number 11, others he's number 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZeKT4VJHAo
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

He played for the youth program at Red Star Belgrade, I wonder if our connection to Charles Jenkins got Masic on our radar.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Maybe Charles did help wit this recruiting. I never heard of the Prep school he is in but they play a lot of well known preps in New England.
Surprising that no other offers so I would love to hear the back story if there is one.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

So now that we have (at least as of now) a full recruiting class; how does everyone feel we did?

I think this could be MIhalich's best recruiting class. At least best since the Buie/JWF year.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Don't feel like this class is done. I still feel like we'll sign a one and done pg or big.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

HofstraMathew wrote: So now that we have (at least as of now) a full recruiting class; how does everyone feel we did?

I think this could be MIhalich's best recruiting class. At least best since the Buie/JWF year.
Without reading the whole topic, how many players did we add? If all players who aren't graduating get scholarships next season, that's 11 including Cramer. Do we anticipate giving all of them scholarships next season? That makes only 2 available.

https://www.thehofstrachronicle.com/cat ... -the-court says Mihalich says about recruits:

“[Are you a] good player, good person, good student and then do you love the game? Do you hate to lose? And will you work hard?”
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

EvanJ wrote:
HofstraMathew wrote: So now that we have (at least as of now) a full recruiting class; how does everyone feel we did?

Without reading the whole topic, how many players did we add? If all players who aren't graduating get scholarships next season, that's 11 including Cramer. Do we anticipate giving all of them scholarships next season? That makes only 2 available.

https://www.thehofstrachronicle.com/cat ... -the-court says Mihalich says about recruits:

“[Are you a] good player, good person, good student and then do you love the game? Do you hate to lose? And will you work hard?”
We had one scholarship open coming into this season which was actually given to Connor. So as of now we have 3 available and 3 commits.

David Green
Zion Bethea
Vukasin masic
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID74 wrote:Don't feel like this class is done. I still feel like we'll sign a one and done pg or big.
Any inklings as to who is on the way out then? Can certainly guess based on playing time this year.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

HofstraMathew wrote: We had one scholarship open coming into this season which was actually given to Connor. So as of now we have 3 available and 3 commits.

David Green
Zion Bethea
Vukasin masic
There are 13 scholarships and 14 players on our roster. With no walk-ons remaining, the only way that is possible is if Cramer doesn't use a scholarship while redshirting, which sounds fair, but in that case he needs a scholarship next season. Coburn, Ray, Kante, Schutte, Trueheart, Silverio, Miranda, Burgess, Hughes, Gibson Jr., Cramer, Green, Bethea, and Masic are 14 players.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

EvanJ wrote:
HofstraMathew wrote: We had one scholarship open coming into this season which was actually given to Connor. So as of now we have 3 available and 3 commits.

David Green
Zion Bethea
Vukasin masic
There are 13 scholarships and 14 players on our roster. With no walk-ons remaining, the only way that is possible is if Cramer doesn't use a scholarship while redshirting, which sounds fair, but in that case he needs a scholarship next season. Coburn, Ray, Kante, Schutte, Trueheart, Silverio, Miranda, Burgess, Hughes, Gibson Jr., Cramer, Green, Bethea, and Masic are 14 players.
Gibson is not a scholarship player.
garyg

Post by garyg »

cactus wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:Don't feel like this class is done. I still feel like we'll sign a one and done pg or big.
Any inklings as to who is on the way out then? Can certainly guess based on playing time this year.
Could Miranda and/or Hughes be on their way out ?????
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:
cactus wrote:
Could Miranda and/or Hughes be on their way out ?????
Need to read between the lines maybe both Hughes and Miranda are on their way out??
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Flying Dutchmen wrote: Gibson is not a scholarship player.
OK.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

You just don't know at this point what will happen...one or two guys may want to transfer to get some playing time, we have one or two guys who can transfer without sitting out if they graduate on time...I think the staff will still be out there looking to upgrade the roster for next year.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Forgot about Trueheart who could fall into that category. He did red-shirt his true freshman year. However he seems to have major gotten out of the doghouse!
Cards

Post by Cards »

HofstraMathew wrote:So now that we have (at least as of now) a full recruiting class; how does everyone feel we did?

I am very pleased with the three recruits JM and company have added. Love the potential that Green brings - just imagine HU having a true 4 for an entire four year
stint - a guy with length, athleticism, and can shoot the 3...….I'm salivating! This is not a no vote on Cramer at all, its just that as far as I know, Cramer cannot shoot the 3 like Green. A future including both of them would seem to be very bright.

Very happy with the Masic signing. As we all know, we needed some PG depth and I think he brings it. I'm still not 100% convinced that for the near term we may still need additional help. HUSID indicated we might not be done recruiting - we shall see. I think with Masic and CB, the long term outlook at PG is good. A one and done that fits HUs system would be a nice insurance policy to have.

I must admit that I don't know that much about Bethea, but everyone else seems to be very high on him. A very strong bodied guy (like a Jenkins) with good game.

It looks like for the next 2 years we are generally covered at the 5 with IK and KS. If we did pick up another big (a true freshman) we would have the luxury of him having a couple of years to develop. Might not be a bad situation for the right kid.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I like what I see here with a cautious optimism at the PG. We can't overstate how important this position is and what we're losing. Ditto in terms of Eli. As far as Cramer is concerned if you spend time watching him in practice he's a high motor kid who lives above the rim. His jump shot at least beyond the arc is a work in progress and improving but in the paint beware because he's going to rebound, block shots and cause opposing teams trouble. I would imagine he could get fouled plenty and I hope he's a decent FT shooter.