MBB Recruits 2020

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Captain

Re: MBB Recruits 2020

Post by Captain »

If Kante is a bit undersized, and we got a true 6"10" post player, could Kante play the 4 spot?
He might welcome the chance to play a position more conducive to a potential pro career.
This is complete speculation on my part since I have yet to see Kante play.
Looking forward to see if we land the player HUSID mentions!!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Captain wrote:If Kante is a bit undersized, and we got a true 6"10" post player, could Kante play the 4 spot?
He might welcome the chance to play a position more conducive to a potential pro career.
So Captain lets play the Devils advocate then with a 6'10" post player and Kante at the 4 which would be potentially great for us who is the odd man out?? Wouldn't this diminish lets say Coburn's playing time in the current situation here??
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:
Captain wrote:If Kante is a bit undersized, and we got a true 6"10" post player, could Kante play the 4 spot?
So Captain lets play the Devils advocate then with a 6'10" post player and Kante at the 4 which would be potentially great for us who is the odd man out?? Wouldn't this diminish lets say Coburn's playing time in the current situation here??
Since this hypothetical
I would absolutely start the big with Kanye...and run Buie Burgess Pemberton Ray Siverio and Coburn in and out all game RUN and PRESS teams like crazy
One big can change a team - like Taylor did last year. As much as JFW was the face of last year team it was Taylor that was the glue and Taylor that gave us a big that did so many things to make that 2018-19 a special team.
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID74 wrote:Word is were close to landing the third and final piece to this class...hearing if he comes this will be our best class since Joe arrived....know nothing more.
A lot of coaches like to keep a scholarship or two in their back pocket for transfers...must be a special player for JAM to use last scholarship ?? Are we sure it's not a post player ??
garyg

Post by garyg »

garyg wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:Word is were close to landing the third and final piece to this class...hearing if he comes this will be our best class since Joe arrived....know nothing more.
A lot of coaches like to keep a scholarship or two in their back pocket for transfers...must be a special player for JAM to use last scholarship ?? Are we sure it's not a post player ??
Captain...can your contact dig up some info ? LOL
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

daHUPride wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:
Since this hypothetical
I would absolutely start the big with Kanye...and run Buie Burgess Pemberton Ray Siverio and Coburn in and out all game RUN and PRESS teams like crazy
One big can change a team - like Taylor did last year. As much as JFW was the face of last year team it was Taylor that was the glue and Taylor that gave us a big that did so many things to make that 2018-19 a special team.
Wouldn't this be a player for 2020/21? Meaning no EP or DB?
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

quote="daHUPride"]
triplec2195 wrote:
Since this hypothetical
One big can change a team - like Taylor did last year. As much as JFW was the face of last year team it was Taylor that was the glue and Taylor that gave us a big that did so many things to make that 2018-19 a special team.[/quote]

Wouldn't this be a player for 2020/21? Meaning no EP or DB?[/quote]

Sorry thought they were talking the kid transferring from Columbia...my bad
Polito

Post by Polito »

I do not envision a scenario where Kante ever plays the 4. Not his position. He belongs in the middle, despite his height, and I expect him to flourish there. I think the 4 spot is on lockdown for the next few years under Cramer and Green, who I think are both going to be studs.

My guess is they bring in a 1 or a 3 with this last spot.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I believe from what I’ve heard a 3 could be in the mix here.
Captain

Post by Captain »

I believe today starts the early signing period.
Hoping the mysterious player that HUSid mentions could materialize this week.
Any news?
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Captain wrote:I believe today starts the early signing period.
Hoping the mysterious player that HUSid mentions could materialize this week.
Any news?
HUSID what's the scoop here we're all anxious to put this recruiting class to bed.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

Very glad to learn this is official. So what do you all think will happen to the remaining open scholarship for 2020-2021, freshman, transfer, grad transfer? Also, what position do you think Coach Joe will go after? Do you think there may be any other slots available with a possible team member transferring from HU? I guess it is much too early to speculate, but it is still something to consider because of the various team needs we have observed during the early part of this season.
garyg

Post by garyg »

According to some previous posts we were supposed to be close on a 3rd player in this class...anyone have update on this ??
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

garyg wrote:According to some previous posts we were supposed to be close on a 3rd player in this class...anyone have update on this ??
Not sure if this is the one (that got away) but LuHi Jalen Celestine, a native of Toronto, chose the Cal-Berkley Bears over Hofstra and others.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Two strong signings so far.

Wonder how real the LuHi one was... amazing program, but HU seems to have very little traction there. Have lost out on a few kids. Course they are also talented with other good choices, clearly.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Polito wrote:Two strong signings so far.

Wonder how real the LuHi one was... amazing program, but HU seems to have very little traction there. Have lost out on a few kids. Course they are also talented with other good choices, clearly.
Agree - we don't get much out of LuHi
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Looks like we offered Noah Hutchins, 6-0 PG from IMG Academy this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bNu1PP2K9s

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/noah-hutchins
Cards

Post by Cards »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:Looks like we offered Noah Hutchins, 6-0 PG from IMG Academy this weekend:

At first I though "how come we're going for another PG with the last scholarship, instead of a big or holding it for a transfer/surprise?" Then I watched the below video of this kid. I like Burgess, but this kid plays like a PG version of JWF. I would take this guy in a heartbeat - real baller with skills, hops, shot, drive and looks like he plays with great confidence. Wonder if JM is not 100% pleased with CB or he just wants more depth at the position or he really wants this guy.

He has other offers from UMass, Penn St, Buffalo, and some others. Hopefully this high school kid is thinking things through - can get PG time, learn from NBA PG, currently uses a 5'11" PG, just had an undersized guard drafted 2nd round - Hey maybe I could do well at HU.

Enjoy the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKTSi6cwAgM
garyg

Post by garyg »

Cards wrote:
Flying Dutchmen wrote:Looks like we offered Noah Hutchins, 6-0 PG from IMG Academy this weekend:

At first I though "how come we're going for another PG with the last scholarship, instead of a big or holding it for a transfer/surprise?" Then I watched the below video of this kid. I like Burgess, but this kid plays like a PG version of JWF. I would take this guy in a heartbeat - real baller with skills, hops, shot, drive and looks like he plays with great confidence. Wonder if JM is not 100% pleased with CB or he just wants more depth at the position or he really wants this guy.

He has other offers from UMass, Penn St, Buffalo, and some others. Hopefully this high school kid is thinking things through - can get PG time, learn from NBA PG, currently uses a 5'11" PG, just had an undersized guard drafted 2nd round - Hey maybe I could do well at HU.

Enjoy the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKTSi6cwAgM
Nice to dream Cards but we do not have a shot at this kid...all the biggies will come courting in the spring