Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
cactus
Site Admin

MBB team photo

Post by cactus »

HUSID80

Re: MBB team photo

Post by HUSID80 »

Word is he's in Mali trying to straighten out his visa, etc.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

That doesn't sound good.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

Agreed - That doesn't sound good at all -
HofstraFan101

Post by HofstraFan101 »

Curious why Fowlkes didn't get his spot back
Andersjorstad

Post by Andersjorstad »

Verbal commits says Fowlkes left for personal reasons but who actually knows? Walk-ons don't generally stay more tha a year if they're not getting playing time.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Not having Dajambo is bad news. He was being counted on to provide depth at the 5 & 4 spots this season
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

The good news is he's still enrolled at the school, and is still on the roster. He did have a son in June, so if it's definitely an issue with the visa, i'm sure that could help his case to renew it.
Also, roster photos have been updated for the rest of the team besides Djambo.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

How hard can it be for a student to get a visa...should not be an issue unless someone screwed up
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

Someone recently needed to get their visa - I think a Minnesota Twins player - anyway, it was a major fiasco. I hope this doesn't turn into one.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Sorry but this seems ridiculous to be dealing with this now - he needs to be here getting ready for a VITAL season (and his last in college)

Not blaming him per say, but this def shouldn't be
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Hey guys long-time lurker here, happy to be on board. If the visa issue is true, then I'm skeptical of Djambo's chances of playing for Hofstra. Unless he qualifies for an "extraordinary talent" visa, (which can expedite the process a bit) visas take a while, especially if something went wrong the first time. I'm not an expert on visas but I do know that if there are holdups those holdups can quickly become a nightmare, as dutchalum observed. I have no insight on the situation beyond what's been posted here, but until we get other news I think it's safe to say we shouldn't count on Djambo playing on the team.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Let's hope it's just for the fall semester… we need him for conference play.

Hofstra Chronicle ‏@HUChronSports
BREAKING: @HofstraPride announces MBB F Ibrahim Djambo will not play during the Fall semester, attending to a "family matter" in Mali.
Hofstra Chronicle ‏@HUChronSports
Djambo is a transfer from Clemson who has yet to play a game in a Hofstra uniform after sitting out last season due to NCAA transfer rules.

https://twitter.com/HUChronSports/statu ... 1381385216
https://twitter.com/HUChronSports/statu ... 3634472960

Can't blame him for being at home attending to his family matters, but it's still frustrating. Every time we're supposed to be good and have expectations, something happens beyond our control. Something has to give soon, this is ridiculous. Even though it's supposedly only for a semester, when/if he comes back, the worst part is that he's not with the team this entire semester. Who knows what kind of physical shape he'll be in, and I'm sure the team will have some different plays than they had last year that he won't be familiar with.

I'm still waiting for the year when we can just have a smooth season, with nothing going wrong. 2012-13 obviously can go unsaid, 13-14 was a major rebuilding year, and that was the year the NCAA deemed Gonzalez ineligible (although it turned out we weren't missing much), last year we had injuries to Kone and Gustys, and now this.
Last edited by ProudofPride on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Worst case scenario maybe he sits out entire season and comes back the following year for one season ???
Cards

Post by Cards »

Unbelievable! Just hard to understand how this stuff happens. I realize this is not the NBA, but jeeez!
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

Wow... I'm without words.
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

guys - RELAX. this isnt juanya, ameen, brian or even malik. in fact hes never even played for us yet. the sky isnt falling. our best players are still playing to start the year. we arent getting an at large with our non conf schedule anyway so as long as he is back for caa play we are fine. you all just want anything to complain about. uncw just lost their best player! sh$##$t happens.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Read my Oct 7 post. We don't know if he'll be back for the spring semester...hopefully yes...he adds size and depth to the front court...valuable commodities.
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

do you know something the rest of us dont know husid80? if so please share.
HU87

Post by HU87 »

pridehoops2015 wrote:guys - RELAX. this isnt juanya, ameen, brian or even malik. in fact hes never even played for us yet. the sky isnt falling. our best players are still playing to start the year. we arent getting an at large with our non conf schedule anyway so as long as he is back for caa play we are fine. you all just want anything to complain about. uncw just lost their best player! sh$##$t happens.
Totally agree on the above.

Would have provided some nice depth and around 10 minutes a game at most. That's replaceable and not a game changer for this team. Nothing again Djambo-- would love to have him for conference play. I'm just not worried that this will be a deciding factor on the season for us.