Louisville Aidan Igrahon 6ft10 235
LSU Bryan Penn-Johnson 7ft 245
LSU Josh Gray 6ft11 225
East Carolina Edra Luster 7ft 245
there are others but this looks to be the cream of the crop
Mikey77

Re: Transfers and Other Player News

Post by Mikey77 »

Are they eligible next year or would they have to sit out a year?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

When speedy played he led the team in rebounds. They're going to play a lot of 4 guards and Cramer sets. It can work in this league, Borsiquot was northeastern's center at 6'5" in the caa final.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

Bryan Penn Johnson is the same situation as Estrada, 2nd transfer. One year at Washington, tall, but not really good. Limited playing time. Not excited by him
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:When speedy played he led the team in rebounds. They're going to play a lot of 4 guards and Cramer sets. It can work in this league, Borsiquot was northeastern's center at 6'5" in the caa final.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Good point and we may be getting away from a back to the basket Center so it may very well be that we sign a PF to play the position who will be more versatile especially if he has a mid range game. 6'8 or 6'9. There are plenty of power forwards around. It could be that one falls into our lap as a late minute transfer especially now knowing there are plenty of minutes to be had in the post.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

stuball888 wrote:Big men looking to transfer
Missouri Moussa Cisse 6ft10 220
Iowa Jermaine Haglin 6ft10 240
Louisville Aidan Igrahon 6ft10 235
LSU Bryan Penn-Johnson 7ft 245
LSU Josh Gray 6ft11 225
East Carolina Edra Luster 7ft 245
there are others but this looks to be the cream of the crop
Cisse is from Memphis, not Missouri. Also, a local kid. Played at CTK i think for a year before going the prep route.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Maybe Speedy can speak to CTK coach to get him to come back home
Cards

Post by Cards »

I don't know if he's really ready or not, but CIsse is leaving Memphis and declared for NBA draft.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

A 5 star player guys. I like to swing for the fences but can we be realistic here. Even with Speedy here now running the show would we have a chance to sign a kid like this?? I feel we go smaller and look for a PF kid that fits into the run and gun scheme with 4 guard like players around him.
Last edited by triplec2195 on Sat May 08, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Kante is done with college basketball. He is looking at playing professionally. I have heard that he needs to provide for his family.

I wish him all the best...a fine young man.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID80 wrote:Kante is done with college basketball. He is looking at playing professionally. I have heard that he needs to provide for his family.

I wish him all the best...a fine young man.
That being the case - who can fault him.
Hard worker - honestly felt he got better every game.
Good Luck Issac.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Agreed - go get em IK! Rooting for him - great young man.

Wonder if Schutte knew Kante was leaving when he decided to transfer. Would think he’d be in line for more PT next year if that was the case. Maybe it was clear that Speedy had a different type of lineup in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Not surprising. The college lifestyle isn't for everyone, and for him, four years was enough. Will forever be linked to the championship.

Speedy needs bigs who can run the floor. Kante/Schutte not really his prototypes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Looking for someone like Jaquil Taylor someone who is s shot blocker
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Block party!

joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Bring back Greg Washington

Captain

Post by Captain »

More changes coming!
My reliable source tells me that in addition to Kante, Masic, Schutte leaving, Coburn and Trueheart done, that Zion, Green and Omar are leaving as well.
It's just a unique time in college basketball. Sounds like we need all the guards we brought in. Wonder if Estrada is immediately eligible.
That's all I heard.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Not too surprised about any of that. I kind of assumed most of that with the exception of maybe green. But seems he probably felt Cramer was ahead of him and probably even less opportunity with a guard heavy lineup under speedy.
Polito

Post by Polito »

lol so where are all of you who SWORE we HAD to have Speedy or Mike for consistency :lol: going to be an entirely new team, staff and players - the exact same thing we would e had with a seasoned stud HC - now we have a first timer running a team with a zillion transfers

I like what Speedy is doing, don’t get me wrong, just busting all your chops who were so adamant - like I said change is inevitable - I would’ve preferred a PROVEN HC leader to handle this, but I do like this staff, so let’s see what they got - it’s going to be quite a challenge, if they can pull this off, then they will earn their respect

Hate this for us with Kante, frankly that changes this yrs prognosis quite a bit - but have been grateful to have him kid is a beast and I hope he does huge things professionally - I know he’ll rep HU well - all the best to him!

And pls no thank you to a 4 guard set and PG leading rebounds - this isn’t 2000 or the AE - let’s field a real team pls - that only works with 4 star kids and / or guards with real height / size - HU doesn’t have that - maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see that being the path to the next level

Not real surprised about all those others mentioned except for Green - disappointed by that one - although he certainly had a rough yr 1 IMO

Still waiting on Parrotta being official but presuming that’s the case, get in there Tom, team now needs a stud center ASAP