Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
gdtrfb

Re: NCAA or NIT

Post by gdtrfb »

Blow it out your ass, Reggie Minton.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

No home game that means there were 84 teams that the selection committee thought were better than us. At least the AE didnt get an at large.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Too pissed to even compare resumes after I checked RPIs. We're 54, GW is 68.
Cards

Post by Cards »

absolutely unbelievable. how can you be a bubble NCAA team and then be a 5 seed in the NIT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote:Too pissed to even compare resumes after I checked RPIs. We're 54, GW is 68.
When in doubt, follow the money. Check our attendance figures this year. GW averaged 3,231. We were about half that or so.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I knew it would come back to bite us in the arse. I hope Hofstra administration learns its lesson. Start on your sports promotions now for next year. As with the NCAA and Nit they are all money driven.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Unsurprising result, considering the chairman of the selection committee is a coach who never had a winning season in 17 years of coaching in D-1. He wouldn't know a good team even if he coached it.

Beyond the #1 seeds, the selection process was clearly attendance driven, Minton alluded to it. These pieces of shit at the NCAA, they won't pay the players because this is amateur athletics, but everything else is money driven.

The school should boycott the game. Akron, Princeton, and GW should join us, because they got royally screwed as well. Send a message to the NCAA and the country that this selection process for the NCAA and NIT is not a merit based system.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Unfortuneatley it will not happen there are a dozen teams who would love to play in the NIT instead of the CBI or CIT.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

IF you want to get even with them just have the teams not show up at gametime. You will get a forfeit but look at all the refunds they would have to give the fans plus the lawsuits to reimbursed fans for hotel and travel expenses.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Wags wrote:
ProudofPride wrote:Too pissed to even compare resumes after I checked RPIs. We're 54, GW is 68.
When in doubt, follow the money. Check our attendance figures this year. GW averaged 3,231. We were about half that or so.
That is why, but it's dumb. The NCAA is greedy, and this just confirms it. But considering we have about 10,000 students, and aren't actually in a major city, while GW has about 25,000 students and is located in DC, for them to only have 3,231 is actually not that impressive. Especially considering they have a lot more alumni and they're in a better conference. UNCW averaged about 1,000 more than GW did, and W&M averaged almost as much.
Wags

Post by Wags »

stuball888 wrote:I knew it would come back to bite us in the arse. I hope Hofstra administration learns its lesson. Start on your sports promotions now for next year. As with the NCAA and Nit they are all money driven.
Well, remember who runs the NIT now.

I wonder how Joe feels now after saying this following last week's title game loss:

"We’ll try to win the national championship in the NIT, just like anybody that’s in the NIT. It’s a great tournament. It’s not like the old days, where guys would get some cigars and a good bottle of scotch, and let their friends into the tournament. It’s [now] the best teams [that didn’t make the NCAA tournament]. We’ll be proud to be in that tournament.”
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

This game isn't even on real tv. It's on ESPN 3, so it's only online.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Actually POP i think Hofstras enrollment has fallen off over 10% each for the last two years. I think we are down to about 8,700 enrolled full time students.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Actually while we have 10,870 on 6,833 are undergraduate. These are the students who get involved in our sports programs. iT IS DOWN ABOUT 15% OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Well, then we should win and go on to face Monmouth in a game that should merit some TV time.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Did someone say NO FOOTBALL???????
Wags

Post by Wags »

Jojogunne wrote:
Well, then we should win and go on to face Monmouth in a game that should merit some TV time.
And since our bench doesn't play much, it should have plenty of time to come up with something fun to outdo Monmouth's bench.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

stuball888 wrote:I knew it would come back to bite us in the arse. I hope Hofstra administration learns its lesson. Start on your sports promotions now for next year. As with the NCAA and Nit they are all money driven.
It's not just promotion that needs attention. The coaching staff should realize that in order for a CAA team to qualify for the NCAAT, you have to be able to win three games in three days. Our team was not built for that, no matter how valiantly our players competed this season.

We really needed one or two more bodies in the rotation throughout the season. I would have be happy with one. I am convinced we would have won two or three more games -- maybe even the final game -- had Jamall Robinson not redshirted.

Next year we better have eight or nine players in the rotation, or you can forget about any postseason opportunities.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Is Hofstra going to send a busload of students down to GWU to support the team?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Right now we have only 9 players on the roster. Show me 12 players who can play next year and be eligible.