Transfers and Other Player News

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: Transfers and Other Player News

Post by triplec2195 »

Pride97 wrote:Wonder if this means Curtin and Cobian are still with the program. Can’t imagine it was coincidence that we signed someone the same day they both tweeted. Would think they have to be on the inside to know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder whether either is still part of the program here both seemed to have good relationships with Speedy and they all seemed to get along while doing the CC&C chronicles or is it just lets start fresh here and out with the old and in with the new!!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:
Pride97 wrote:Wonder if this means Curtin and Cobian are still with the program. Can’t imagine it was coincidence that we signed someone the same day they both tweeted. Would think they have to be on the inside to know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder whether either is still part of the program here both seemed to have good relationships with Speedy and they all seemed to get along while doing the CC&C chronicles or is it just lets start fresh here and out with the old and in with the new!!
It is bit curious for sure - I am guessing fresh start

In my opinion - TOTALLY my opinion/no basis - I always felt like Speedy was a bit of an outsider on JAM staff - Farrelly and Curtin were JAM guys from Niagara and Cobain came almost from Day #1 - I feel Speedy was originally brought in to learn the business and as a bridge to keep Hofstra guy visible - and then Speedy grew to a good recruiter and maybe even a better recruiter then I would have thought - and is now the Man

So fresh start is my thought
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Based on the fact that he has hired two full time assistants and plans to hire a former heach coach for the last spot it appears that Curtin and Cobian are out.
Cards

Post by Cards »

HUSID80 wrote:Based on the fact that he has hired two full time assistants and plans to hire a former heach coach for the last spot it appears that Curtin and Cobian are out.
Sounds like Parratta is the third hire.

So is that the full staff now??
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

He is and will be the first or head asst Staff is complete and its a well rounded staff Good job Speedy
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Is Parratta official...haven't seen anything yet?
Wags

Post by Wags »

stuball888 wrote:He is and will be the first or head asst Staff is complete and its a well rounded staff Good job Speedy
Wow, the tone sure changed around here drastically once Speedy was, you know, given a few weeks to do his new job.

Glad to see all the handwringing about whether Speedy was the right choice as HC and what kind of staff Speedy would get to help him has since given way to this kind of praise about Speedy's new staff and the recruits he's already landed.

Patience, guys. Patience. ;)
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I did a quick count for our 2021-22 roster. I came up with 16 possible returning players, freshmen and transfers. Obviously, that's too many. Will have to see what the final list looks like.

POSSIBLE RETURNING PLAYERS (9):
Zion Bethea
Caleb Burgess
Tareq Coburn
Kvonn Cramer
David Green
Isaac Kante
Jalen Ray
Omar Silverio
Stafford Trueheart

FRESHMEN (2):
Griffin Barrouck
Jaquan Carlos

TRANSFERS (5):
Zach Cooks (NJIT)
Darlinstone Dubar (Iowa State)
Aaron Estrada (St. Peter's/Oregon)
Jarrod Simmons (Penn)
Alejandro Vasquez (St. Bonaventure)

WALK-ONS (2):
Cole Eiber
Carl Gibson Jr.

GONE (2):
Vukasin Masic
Kevin Schutte
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

The way I see it both Trueheart and Coburn can be eliminated neither will return. Stafford redshirted his freshman year and it has been said Coburn not returning. Jalen gets a free pass with an extra year of eligibility and therefore his scholarship is gratis. So that leaves us with 13 now if anyone is leaving foreseeing that they may not be seeing a lot of playing time that could leave us wiggle room to bring in I'm hoping a post player and an heir to Kante's position. Agree/disagree??
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

triplec2195 wrote:The way I see it both Trueheart and Coburn can be eliminated neither will return. Stafford redshirted his freshman year and it has been said Coburn not returning. Jalen gets a free pass with an extra year of eligibility and therefore his scholarship is gratis. So that leaves us with 13 now if anyone is leaving foreseeing that they may not be seeing a lot of playing time that could leave us wiggle room to bring in I'm hoping a post player and an heir to Kante's position. Agree/disagree??
Agree, with those two moving on it's 14 scholarships but as you said ray doesn't count which I believe it's correct. So this could be the roster with no additional changes. Barrouk almost definitely redshirting and only Estrada possibly not eligible next year.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

It's official. Kante will be leaving Hofstra. He just posted on instagram.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraMathew wrote:It's official. Kante will be leaving Hofstra. He just posted on instagram.
Yikes
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HofstraMathew wrote:It's official. Kante will be leaving Hofstra. He just posted on instagram.
Well there goes the idea that the roster is complete.

This one is a backbreaker
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Now lets see Speedy and TP do their magic and get us another BIG man Still plenty out there
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

Where's he going? This stinks.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Agree Stu - plenty of good bigs still out there.

With the 3 three star guys Speedy has already brought in, I have no doubt he will fill in the 5 spot with capable talent.

And for the future, HU just offered one of top HS big man in South Carolina 6'9" 225 Perry Smith Jr. Perry thanked both Coach's Claxton and Serge for the offer. The staff is out there working!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Kante leaving is a shocker for me just thought speculation. I really wonder what the bottom line is here??
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I have a list of big men who are still in the portal who are looking for playing time Will post the list in about an hour or so
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

His post says this marks the end of his playing career. Does he mean at Hofstra or at all???
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Pride97 wrote:His post says this marks the end of his playing career. Does he mean at Hofstra or at all???
He has been in college for 4 years

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk