MBB Recruits 2020

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: MBB Recruits 2020

Post by Cards »

HofstraMathew wrote:
Cards wrote:
HofstraMathew wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B2rnmC5FxPq ... m4wbxj2w3y

Had an official visit and Caleb burgess shared it on Instagram and commented “you know what to do”.
I don't understand... Is that a picture of Burgess? Did we get another commit? Is that Zion B?
It’s a guy on his official visit. His caption says no commitment yet. His name is Jamari harvey
Got it - Thanks HM. Good info.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Great stuff on the Zion Bethea verbal and the Harvey visit! I like both quite a bit.

Bethea looks college ready from a physicality standpoint, seems to have athleticism and can score in many ways. Love that he attracted a couple of P5 offers, and love the size to play either guard spot and hang tough against other CAA guards. Curious about the other offers, wonder if they were still committable now or if they filled the spots leaving HU the lucky beneficiary.

Harvey should shine at Moravian, which as stated now becoming a power program - sounds like he's $ from 3, and plays D. I LOVE when players recruit other players, can often make a huge impact - HU is all over his twitter now as well, seems like he had an awesome visit.

As long as both are DOGS with a set and hunger to take on the world, I'm thrilled with the recruiting targets.
garyg

Post by garyg »

In addition to Bethea and Harvey it would be great if we can land Harvey's 6-10 240lb teammate Javarzia Belton...long shot because big time programs will be all over this kid but we can dream...lol...what a class that would be
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:In addition to Bethea and Harvey it would be great if we can land Harvey's 6-10 240lb teammate Javarzia Belton...long shot because big time programs will be all over this kid but we can dream...lol...what a class that would be
Ditto on this but the BIG BOYS are the toughest to recruit successfully!!
Cards

Post by Cards »

with Zion B on board, we only have two slots left for next season. I know we are looking at two of Zions's team mates. While I like both of those guys, if we landed them, we would only have one real point guard (CB) on the squad. Do the rest of you guys think one of our last two spots should go to another true point?
garyg

Post by garyg »

With the two remaining scholarships I believe one should be used on a big guy and the other on a backup PG
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Totally agree that one goes to a PG and the other to a legit post player unless with all the guards that we have we feel that one can give us legit minutes at the point. I'm sure the staff is considering this since we have more or less 6-7 guards if you consider Coburn a guard and this is after the graduation of Eli and Desure. This doesn't even take into consideration the walk on Gibson Jr who appears to have a decent body of work in H.S. Depending on how the year goes maybe we could/should encourage someone to transfer. I'm not mentioning any names but we can read between the lines here.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Jamahri Harvey will play a lot of point guard for Moravian this year. He was a combo guard. Let's see if he comes to HU, but Burgess will be the primary point his sophomore year (and should see plenty of time there this season). Next year, if he comes, Harvey can spend time at the off guard and spell Burgess at the point. The guard position will be loaded this year and next!
Captain

Post by Captain »

So a little update from a friend..there may be one or 2 redshirts.
Waiting and hoping on a 6'7" forward from Florida.
Burgess looking good.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Good info. Captain keep it coming. I wonder if anyone has seen any of the initial practices yet??
Cards

Post by Cards »

Captain wrote:Waiting and hoping on a 6'7" forward from Florida.
David Green from Ocoee HS would be a nice pick-up
garyg

Post by garyg »

Thanks for update Captain...like I have been saying all along...prediction...Kramer and Miranda will probably both redshirt
garyg

Post by garyg »

garyg wrote:Thanks for update Captain...like I have been saying all along...prediction...Kramer and Miranda will probably both redshirt
Cramer that is
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Cards wrote:
Captain wrote:Waiting and hoping on a 6'7" forward from Florida.
David Green from Ocoee HS would be a nice pick-up
Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Green is a take ALL DAY. Love his foundation and potential - perfect size for the role, good stroke from deep, strong enough to pound in the post, and decent footwork / agility to attack the basket - needs to continue to developing ball handling, and I’m sure his D as well, but presents a fantastic matchup problem

ODU
St Bon
La Tech
FIU
CofC
And some other decent mids, that’s a solid offer list - D1 teammates and comp - close him!
Cards

Post by Cards »

Noticed that Terrell Ard, Jr. has visited HU. (Small forward 6'7" 210 lbs)

Also noticed this on twitter https://t.co/od6a6NsaZG

Is that just a note hes considering HU or is that a hint of commitment? (I hate that most kids blow up even a visit like its some kind of major news happening - hope thats not the case here.)
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Looks like we got David Green, out of Ocoee HS in Florida

https://twitter.com/HSSportsFL/status/1 ... 3560932358
garyg

Post by garyg »

ProudofPride wrote:Looks like we got David Green, out of Ocoee HS in Florida

https://twitter.com/HSSportsFL/status/1 ... 3560932358
Thanks for the great news POP !!!
garyg

Post by garyg »

Should we use last scholly on backup PG or legitimate big guy 6-9/6-10 ???
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

garyg wrote:Should we use last scholly on backup PG or legitimate big guy 6-9/6-10 ???
Either could be a good option. It’s probably more of just get beat available talent but I’d lean towards trying to get a true big man.