Hofstra vs UNCW

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Pride97

Re: Hofstra vs UNCW

Post by Pride97 »

HofstraMathew wrote:Let's also give some credit here to the marketing/fan relations team or whoever came up with having the host at the arena. Definitely is helping engage the fans and the past game interview with Pemberton was a nice touch.
Agreed - i almost missed it as i was leaving, but that interview is a great touch. Hope that continues.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Preaching to the choir...its a bad combination of lack of marketing dollars, a terrible academic schedule and just plain competition for the entertainment dollar.

Add to it lack of familiarity of our opponents too.

Having said that there is no reason that we should not be drawing 3-4,000 fans from the area.

Was hoping for a big turnout for Sat vs Charleston, but now the weather may interfere...always something!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

SNY showed highlights.
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Pride97 wrote:
HofstraMathew wrote:Let's also give some credit here to the marketing/fan relations team or whoever came up with having the host at the arena. Definitely is helping engage the fans and the past game interview with Pemberton was a nice touch.
Agreed - i almost missed it as i was leaving, but that interview is a great touch. Hope that continues.
Yes, and you know at Stony Brook they interview the coach at halftime which would be nice. Also like the highlights before the intros to hopefully scare the opponent a little more as I saw UNCW looking up there at the Hempstead Miracle.

As far as the game, played I’d say a D- in the first half and were a solid A in the 2nd. Good job by coach making adjustments. The best part of this one was that Justin played as badly as a guy could for most of the game and we were still able to win going away. Elijah played the way I expect him to play in the second half. Kid has a lot of untapped potential. DD and JT got the job done though ST still has no clue what to do out there. They didn’t let Cacock wreck the game which was key. TC with a real solid game and DB gets his usual steals. Big test Saturday and I can’t wait.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Pride97 wrote:
They used to do that, going back about 10 years ago. John Dolan (the tall red headed guy) used to be the in-arena host, doing all the marketing gags (kids putting on the oversized uniforms and shoes and having to hit a layup).