MBB recruits 2016

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Re: MBB recruits 2016

Post by ProudofPride »

Andrew Force @AndrewForce8
2016 WG Dylon Gregory (CAN) has three D1 offers: Hofstra, Columbia, and Wright State. @nolimitdyl @tennprepacademy

https://twitter.com/AndrewForce8/status ... 3096719361
Polito

Post by Polito »

Does he HATE to lose?? Does he have a flat out KILLER mentality?? Does he play with a chip on his shoulder??

THAT'S what I'm looking for. Give me the talented young men who won't leave the floor without a W - who won't allow another yr to go by without a ticket to the dance. I want EDGE

P.S. all this while still maintaining solid character and good student/citizenship - just want the eye of the tiger in practice and on the court!!!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Juwan Gray taking first official to San Diego in April - interesting, SO far from home, and I am not impressed with that program AT ALL - but WCC certainly a solid conf, Gonzaga, Saint Mary's, BYU, Pepperdine, Pacific, etc... don't see SD having a shot to win it anytime soon - NIT or potential at-large maybe, which is something

Apparently SD putting together a couple of east coast kids, so we'll see... hopefully HU at least gets him on campus to take their best shot

Also Aleem Ford picks up a couple more offers, Fairfield, Tenn Tech, and another I forget, maybe Wofford - solid mids, but nothing HU can't overcome - I think HU is a prime spot for him...MAJOR need, starting spot/PT available, and he has it to offer

As HUSID said, ANY top wing should be salivating to come here considering the PT and the stud PG's dishing the ball out
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

PG Aaron Augustin wants to take a visit to Hofstra in the spring
https://twitter.com/HoopSeenGA/status/7 ... 9831684096
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ok, now THAT is the kind of PG I want to see IF they decide to bring one on for the '16 class - and I'm good with them doing that, I think there's value there, whether a 3rd option next yr, OR more likely, a great opp to redshirt, learn from Buie and Powers, and be ready to fill big roles down the road

This is a high quality PG, plenty of top mid major offers, 3 star (ESPN and Future 150), great handle, vision, leadership, good college size (not real tall, but the weight/strength is appropriate), top 20 player in Georgia, considered one of if not THE top PG in the state, prob top 40 at the position in the country in this class, and plays well on BOTH ends - fact that he wants to visit, get the young man on campus asap!

Originally committed to ETSU...my guess is he's back open because they took another PG commit of a very similar mold, also very talented - just a guess -
Polito

Post by Polito »

This is now THE most important topic from now through the start of next season!! Let's keep the focus, and keep the updates coming!!

The 2016 class is literally the FUTURE of HU hoops for years to come - this is THE single most important class I can remember over the last 20 years.

The key words are:

IMPACT | GAME CHANGERS | KILLER INSTINCT | NEXT LEVEL

Go get 'em staff!
garyg

Post by garyg »

Like I said Polito we are not rebuilding....we are reloading...staff should pitch this to recruits along with their other selling points
Polito

Post by Polito »

Well, I'm not quite ready to call it 'reloading' just yet, but they are definitely on that track - this '16 class is going to set the tone for the future and the type of program that HU can and will become - I have very very high hopes and expectations (in the positive sense)

It looks like our future star EP is promoting another '16 recruit, guard Cahiem Brown - tweeting out his mix tape and some props for his talent and future - interesting...I'm a big proponent of current guys helping to recruit others - 6'3 physical scorer, kids got edge, I'd be in highly interested in that young man coming in and redshirting - he's finishing up at Lincoln so would be a young freshman, prob best to sit out, learn/grow, and not worry about PT since it's BB's Sr yr

Also, new offer out to a '17 SF Justyn Mutts - 6'7, 215 - extremely fast player as far as moving speed, strong defensive skill set - athletic, but that's becoming so obvious I really shouldn't mention it much anymore, seems to be a requirement for JM and Co., which I'm all for

Plays in south jersey for a top 10 state team - getting some nice looks, but IMO offers hovering in the mid range due to a lack of 3 ball right now - and to me, that's a must for a wing/forward - you have to be able to score inside and out, that's the entire purpose of the position in today's game

Kid has real talent though outside of that, moves extremely well with and without the ball, can score inside at will, super rebounder, and can block with the best of them - and he's got another year to go, things can definitely still develop as far as scoring in all levels - great to get in on him now, because if he adds that to his game he will be a game-changer, at even a high level
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Jon Severe of Forgham announced he is graduating and transferring. Eligible immediately and from Christ the King...Speedy?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Do we need another small shooting guard?
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Severe would come right in and average 15 ppg. I'd take that in a heartbeat. You can't have too much topline talent like that
Polito

Post by Polito »

I see the MAAC in his future - or some big looking to bolster their backup at the position

He doesn't seem like a fit for the JM/HU culture quite honestly.... too much drama over his career with coming and going

There are new transfers popping up every day now as the overall season comes to a close, I think HU will have the right options to pursue.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Just putting 'em out there boys!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

I would love Severe, he had a much improved year once he was out of the Pecora "system." I just think we could use an extra scorer, especially a guard who can get to the hoop.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Powers Buie, JWF, Pemberton, Bernardi and Robinson who are you going to take minutes away from. Do you think Severe would be happy with 20 minutes. NO THANKS! Add severe and you have 4 guards 6ft and under.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I wonder if we're looking at Cane Broome, who announced he is transferring out of Sacred Heart. He averaged over 23 points this season for the Pioneers (put up a show against us) en route to garnering NEC player of the year honors. Could be a long shot for us to get him, as Michigan just inquired about him, but I still think it's worth trying.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Another 6ft guard. can you guys focus, WINGS, WINGS, HOT WINGS!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Severe is listed at 6-2
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

We already have 6 guards and 3 forward/centers on the team. We have zero wings and you guys want to have more small guards. OK so me how the minutes will be divided among these 7 players. Looks like you guys want to play 4 guards.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

IF we play three guards that 20 minutes per right now. If we get Severe who are you going to redshirt. Even if we play four guards you are dividing 7 players into 160 minutes. Please show me the breakdown in minutes per player.