Basketball tickets - Hofstra vs Stony Brook

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Flying Dutchmen

Re: Basketball tickets - Hofstra vs Stony Brook

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

To add to that, a main goal of the Pomeroy ratings is to measure offensive and defensive efficiency on a possession basis, which expresses itself in win differential.

Last year we were highly regarded in the Pomeroy when we were blowing out those really bad teams in the OOC. This year, while we have a significantly improved schedule, all of our wins have been much closer, so SBU with their more difficult schedule, and that big win over Princeton, have pushed ahead in the rankings, which are still somewhat meaningless at this point in the season.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Also, who's going on Sunday? I just picked up the tickets from Hofstra today... They screwed us and put us in the 200's for $22 a pop, better tickets are probably available through Stony Brook for less. It's obviously not a matter of the price, but I don't know why we couldn't get seats in the 100's.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

In this week's coach's report, JAM yet again focuses on how bad our defense was. He says that they had practices during this break that were 100% defense, but then goes on to say that in the Stony Brook, there will probably be people who still say it doesn't look like the team changed or did anything defensively. This leads me to believe that his defensive schemes just simply aren't effective if he knows that people don't think the team plays any defense even though he claims that the team is working on it. He does mention the possibility of having Andre Walker play some minutes against SBU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqkry_-VRN8
garyg

Post by garyg »

Rebounding has been an issue as well...did JAM mention anything about that or just defense ??
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

How about Djambo?
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

was just thinking - my wife would so proud of that - but when we have a home and home series with a long island rival like stony brook - why doesn't the home team - in this case suny sb - carve out say 500 tickets - give them to Hofstra to add to the use for there current season ticketholder or students - Hofstra can distribute those tickets as they deem appropriate - give them as afreebie to the first 500 that sign up for season tickets - give them to students with a bus to suny sb - encourage the visiting team to bring their fans to a local road game - I think it would be a win win for both teams
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Too logical.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

And costly... they want to sell those tix... Hofstra should have been given an allotment to sell and then promoted the game HARD.... whatever we didn't sell would be returned to SBU in time for them to sell. That's what most big time schools do and what they do for bowl games.
Polito

Post by Polito »

this is interesting, am I to understand that visiting schools don't get ticket allotments in college basketball the way they do in football??
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Depends on what the contract they negotiate says
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Stony Brook destroying American at American.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Predictions for Sunday?
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

HUSID80 wrote:Stony Brook destroying American at American.
Is that another Division II opponent for SBU? :D
garyg

Post by garyg »

Prediction...if Hofstra comes out and plays like they have most of this season they will lose....could be by 10 or more...
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

I think we win a good tough hard fought game...or is that what I'm hoping for????
garyg

Post by garyg »

Hope you are right HUSID80 but Hofstra has lacked intensity and heart most of season so far...only games where they came out and played with fire were Florida St. and South Carolina...getting back to their defensive woes much of defense is about heart, intensity, and toughness...Hofstra has been missing those ingredients this season with a few exceptions
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

This article says SBU will be Hofstra's toughest opponent after FSU and SC:

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2015/12/hofst ... d-defense/
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

garyg wrote:Prediction...if Hofstra comes out and plays like they have most of this season they will lose....could be by 10 or more...

we have played nine games and won six of those. including road wins vs florida st, la salle and st bona.

i would say if hofstra comes out and plays like they have most of this season we will win.
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

And a feature on bernardi.

http://nypost.com/2015/12/19/how-a-shoo ... t-hofstra/

GREAT stuff.