MBB Game 05 - @ USF - 11/25/14, 7 PM on ESPN3

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: MBB Game 05 - @ USF - 11/25/14, 7 PM on ESPN3

Post by Cards »

Last 3-4 minutes of USF game reminded me of the first 5-10 minutes of the NC State game. All of a sudden, it looked like a high school team in Hofstra uniforms. Hopefully we are just getting the bugs out of our pressure situation performances (so far we are 0 for 2). I don't think we have any cause to panic though. We never had a hope of winning 28-30 games this year. The guys are still coming together, and our bigs are getting invaluable "trial by fire" experience. Give them some time to gel - I still contend we are looking at 20 wins this year.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Guys hello from California. Well hell has frozen over as I agree with 3r20. They are five games into the season. I said 18 to 22 wins and so far it looks like it will be spot on. We are going to lose some games we should have won and maybe steal a game we should have lost. Patience my baby cub lions.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Cards wrote:Last 3-4 minutes of USF game reminded me of the first 5-10 minutes of the NC State game. All of a sudden, it looked like a high school team in Hofstra uniforms. Hopefully we are just getting the bugs out of our pressure situation performances (so far we are 0 for 2). I don't think we have any cause to panic though. We never had a hope of winning 28-30 games this year. The guys are still coming together, and our bigs are getting invaluable "trial by fire" experience. Give them some time to gel - I still contend we are looking at 20 wins this year.
I agree, although I'd say 1 for 3. Stony Brook, while not an ACC/AAC opponent, is still a big game at home that needed to be won, and they stepped up and won that game.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Yeah. Very disappointing loss. I am impressed the overall way Benardi plays D - but how is Nicols not in at the end of the game for D (I know he is a poor foul shooter but...). Thought this one was on the Coach (and little bit on Green - so bad decisions and a costly unforced turnover).
Polito

Post by Polito »

I know I'm late to this party (in VA for the holiday with no service) but need to say up by 15 in 2nd you HAVE to win that game, no excuses - I don't care whether they were supposed to before tipoff, but when you play like that on the road you MUST close it out - missed a super opp, and I'm sure they know and feel it - alas, learn, get better, and move on

I think at home they win it, but again, no excuses - one more shot to get a quality/signature win against a better conf foe - to me that is a must win in terms of showing they can do something real this yr, esp being home

Glad to see they played much better than vs NCState so looks like they learned from that, they've come out strong to start games much better since, and hope they learn from this game how to FINISH

Ill take it and deal at this early or in season, but fully expect them to make for this against LaSalle and in the NCAA tourney (!)