MBB Game 7 vs. San Diego 11/27

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: MBB Game 7 vs. San Diego 11/27

Post by Cards »

fiftiespride wrote:We lack an adequate post presence and interior defense. Kante looks like Tarzan plays like Jane; not that athletic
Hilarious line :lol: Sad but true. I'm still giving cutting him some slack and giving him time to adjust and learn. That being said, the athleticism will not change. He needs work on defensive fundamentals (footwork, positioning) to try and overcome lack of height and hops. Some have said they are OK with a 12 pt 6-7 reb effort. I think the numbers are a bit misleading and don't tell the entire story. 6-7 boards on a small team is Not enough. He is supposed to be our big, and yet he is being outrebounded (numbers wise) by our 6-5 ft gaurds! He also is not intimidating on D down low. Lots of guys are just taking it straight to the rack. These are the areas that he can improve in, so there is hope. There better be at least hope, because according to JM, IK is our guy for a number of years to come.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Great reference of the Joe Gardi quote about Tarzan and Jane. We don't have anyone of the squad who can create their own shot . Need ball movement to break down the D and create open shots. Also we have done well driving to the basket and getting to the line. Still we have no defensive inside presence. That's why I was so high on getting the grad transfer to rotate with Kante. We missed the boat on the Northwestern transfer.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To Stuball888, I think there have been some terrific HU women athletes, especially in softball and soccer, that look like Jane and play like Tarzan!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Totally agree Remember Joe Gardi was old school and not PC
Wags

Post by Wags »

stuball888 wrote:We don't have anyone of the squad who can create their own shot
This is by far the single biggest thing they miss most with JWF gone.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Fiftiespride, I'll look for you!