We escaped!
ProudofPride

Re: CAA tournament semifinals vs Delaware

Post by ProudofPride »

.... aaaaand exhale.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Iconic performance from JWF. Just make it really count with a W tomorrow.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Well, that was easy. LOL

That FT shooting we pointed to all season was the difference in holding Delaware off. Without that, they might've blown it.

Not a very inspiring performance (aside from JWF) for tomorrow night, especially if Northeastern continues to look good tonight. But, they're there. One more to go.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

WOW!!!!! UD once again shoots great in the 2nd half. Very,very lucky with the turnover by Anderson. Ray"s free throws seal it. I find it hard to believe that Anderson was the first option on that play. On to Tuesday for the CAA Championship. Game won on the line 20-24. JWF shows why he is the POY. Roll Pride!!!!!!!
Last edited by The Shadow on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Check out Speedy shaking his head at the end. He knows they were very fortunate tonight.
https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/1 ... 3202080769
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Before tonight, we lost 9 of our last 10 games that went exactly one overtime.

Edit: JWF has 890 points and is 13 behind David Robinson's CAA season record. Yesterday he passed Devon Saddler in career points to give us the top three in the CAA in career points since we joined. Marcus Thornton is fifth on that list, and Stokes is sixth. Those are the only six players to score 2,000 in the CAA since we joined. Brantley has 1,880, so if they go on a run in the CIT or CBI he could reach 2,000. Brett Blizzard scored 2,144. He POY in his junior and senior seasons, which were our first seasons in the CAA.
Last edited by EvanJ on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yeah and if they don't play better D and guard the three point line better tomorrow someone else will be using the scissors!!
Wags

Post by Wags »

Having played very well in this game himself, Rokas psyched for tomorrow night:

https://twitter.com/GustysRokas/status/ ... 7843681281
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Both NE and CofC are playing with much more energy than we showed tonight. Either will be a very tough matchup for us.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

What a win. So excited for this one. Cant wait for 2morrow night.

JWF. WOW.

Jalen Ray had ice water in the veins late in the game though. 4 clutch FT's and that forcing the defender wide to step on the baseline.

CANT WAIT!!!!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Northeastern won 70-67 after 17 lead changes. With 3 seconds left, Marquise Pointer got fouled in the act of shooting a three while down 68-65. The announcers said it should have a foul before the shot, which would have been a 1-and-1. He made the first and missed the second. The announcers complained that he walk around after the first free throw and that you shouldn't do that in between free throws. He tried to intentional miss the third one, but it rattled and went in to go down 68-67. Pointer fouled with 2.2 seconds left, and Northeastern made both to make the final score. Riller tried to tie it with a three from midcourt (I'm sure what side of the line, but it was near the line), which hit the backboard. In terms of if they will be tired, Pusica played the whole game, Donnell Gresham played 36, and nobody else on Northeastern played more than 28.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

EvanJ wrote:Northeastern won 70-67 after 17 lead changes. With 3 seconds left, Marquise Pointer got fouled in the act of shooting a three while down 68-65. The announcers said it should have a foul before the shot, which would have been a 1-and-1. He made the first and missed the second. The announcers complained that he walk around after the first free throw and that you shouldn't do that in between free throws. He tried to intentional miss the third one, but it rattled and went in to go down 68-67. Pointer fouled with 2.2 seconds left, and Northeastern made both to make the final score. Riller tried to tie it with a three from midcourt (I'm sure what side of the line, but it was near the line), which hit the backboard. In terms of if they will be tired, Pusica played the whole game, Donnell Gresham played 36, and nobody else on Northeastern played more than 28.

I would have rather played Charleston despite home court factor. I feel we match up better with them and Northeastern is extremely well coached and will be extra motivated after blowing 17 point lead in CAA title game last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wags

Post by Wags »

HofstraPride1 wrote:
EvanJ wrote:Northeastern won 70-67 after 17 lead changes. With 3 seconds left, Marquise Pointer got fouled in the act of shooting a three while down 68-65. The announcers said it should have a foul before the shot, which would have been a 1-and-1. He made the first and missed the second. The announcers complained that he walk around after the first free throw and that you shouldn't do that in between free throws. He tried to intentional miss the third one, but it rattled and went in to go down 68-67. Pointer fouled with 2.2 seconds left, and Northeastern made both to make the final score. Riller tried to tie it with a three from midcourt (I'm sure what side of the line, but it was near the line), which hit the backboard. In terms of if they will be tired, Pusica played the whole game, Donnell Gresham played 36, and nobody else on Northeastern played more than 28.

I would have rather played Charleston despite home court factor. I feel we match up better with them and Northeastern is extremely well coached and will be extra motivated after blowing 17 point lead in CAA title game last year.

Agree. And also after blowing a 9-pt. lead with 4 mins left in Hempstead, knowing they later handled HU pretty well at home.

Sounds strange (and this is proof that it's much more how you play and how good you are, not the whole "it's too hard for northern CAA teams to win down south" stuff we've heard about for years), but a pseudo road game vs. Charleston would've been easier than a true neural game against Northeastern.

I hope this season finally puts that north/south stuff to rest now after all these years. We just saw 3 of 4 northern, former AE teams in the semis, with the two most northern teams in the league reaching the finals, despite one of those teams having to go through a pseudo road game against the league's southern-most team.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

We passed Charleston for the CAA lead in steals per game.

Watching on TV, my mom thought a majority of the fans were rooting for us. Do you agree?
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

EvanJ wrote:We passed Charleston for the CAA lead in steals per game.

Watching on TV, my mom thought a majority of the fans were rooting for us. Do you agree?
I would highly doubt that Evan since many Charleston fans at game would have no doubt rather played Delaware than us had they won.