Game 14 at William & Mary Wednesday December 29 at 7:00 P.M.

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
daHUPride

Re: Game 14 at William & Mary Wednesday December 29 at 7:00

Post by daHUPride »

Dooku25 wrote:
Wags wrote: Dubar was playing well recently. To have him and Cooks both limited for a noon Friday tip against a confident Elon team after losing on a Wednesday night is a tough task.
Dubar has been good all season and is one of the best players on the team. It would be a huge loss if he misses significant time. Hopefully that's not going to be the case.
To your point - Dubar is a huge part of the HUBB success - that said it is important to make sure that we are properly prepared and that is why many of us have been banging the table about Cramer and making sure he is ready - hope he's ready
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yep, NOT ONE EXCUSE will be accepted here. The year is half over, it's conf time, all this nonsense should've been worked out. I don't give a rats rear end whether this is Speedy's first HC year or 10th, he's been around the game his whole life, this loss was an abomination for this very seasoned staff, and it falls squarely on their shoulders. Total failure last night. They owe this program and HU community a helluva lot more than that.

Injuries and COVID protocol nonsense are across the board for every team in the game. Figure it out. A rec league team could beat that W&M squad. I mean those kids no offense, but they are awful, have to call it like it is.

You have to build some depth, establish flexible game plans, and be willing to adjust per the ACTUAL flow of the game and your players that particular day.

You all know I love me some skilled and great size wings - game changers at the mid level. Dubar is a super addition, excited for his future here.

I'll continue to beat this drum, willing to die on the hill lol, but I still think Cramer should be MUCH better by now - not impressed at all with his development under either staff to date. He is making some progress, filled the 5 position admirably, don't want to fully knock, but frankly this kid should be absolutely terrorizing this conf. Hoping Parrotta can make a difference the rest of this year and get him in better position.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

daHUPride wrote:
Dooku25 wrote:
Wags wrote: Dubar was playing well recently. To have him and Cooks both limited for a noon Friday tip against a confident Elon team after losing on a Wednesday night is a tough task.
Dubar has been good all season and is one of the best players on the team. It would be a huge loss if he misses significant time. Hopefully that's not going to be the case.
To your point - Dubar is a huge part of the HUBB success - that said it is important to make sure that we are properly prepared and that is why many of us have been banging the table about Cramer and making sure he is ready - hope he's ready
Cramer is ready and has been waiting and I'm anxious to see him get more minutes but when he gets fouled he has to be more proficient from the foul line. He also has to show he can shoot the three with some regularity. But having said that I hope Dubar is healthy.
Cards

Post by Cards »

I guess the lesson is that we have no idea, ZERO, as to what to expect from this team on any given day.

What a waste of talent.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Or the coaching staff apparently. This game is a travesty of where HU hoops should be with the all-conf talent it's putting on the floor. This is akin to the San Jose St debacle, but I guess at least that was the first game of the year if we're making excuses... What occurred in this game is a joke.

I want to hear them fully own this failure (they may already have, just a general comment), talk about the lessons they have learned from this, and what they will do going forward to ensure this doesn't occur in the same fashion again. Ya know, actual accountability that seems to be missing from society lately, esp in sports.

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in mine when you get paid really well, which Speedy does and these players get a fully free education, you are expected to perform at a certain level, and are held tightly to that accountability. Doesn't mean perfection, mistakes and failure are part of life and unavoidable, even necessary for true success, but repeating the same failures, stubbornness, ill-preparedness, or total lack of leadership is absolutely avoidable. And not acceptable at this level.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Everyone is talking about how poorly we shot and maybe not playing great defense but at the end of the day just like the Houston game we had the lead and we had the ball with very little time on the clock. How is it that after we make a clean inbound of the ball we weren't squeezing that ball like our life depended on it. We should have walked away with the win in this game in-spite of our bad play, coaching whatever. Omar looked around like he was fouled but he should have protected that ball and when it was knocked loose we/he should have defended the shot. Just no excuses for the way we lost this game. We would be saying how lucky we were to escape this one and we should have lost. Just saying what should have been the alternate ending!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Silverio has literally lost 2 games so far through his own direct actions. T W O

That is nuts for a role player. Has he won any directly yet to make up for it? Maybe 1, not sure? He owes this program, big time, by my count.

Yes every win and loss is a team effort indirectly, but he has DIRECTLY cost HU two games in the end. So far. I don’t want to keep piling it on, I know he’s not trying to do that, but my gosh man, Speedy you HAVE to make adjustments. This can’t be allowed to keep happening.

This isn’t about development anymore - Omar is what he is - he can help this team, and has - but staff YOU have to help him not hurt himself or the team. That’s YOUR job.

Again, be better than this. Simple as that.
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

William and Mary wins again. Takes down Northeastern. They sit atop the CAA with a 2-0 record.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

CTDutch wrote:William and Mary wins again. Takes down Northeastern. They sit atop the CAA with a 2-0 record.
That is nuts! One of the worst teams in D 1 leads our friggen League!!!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Lol someone tell me again how great this conf is - how HU doesn’t win this crappy conf every couple of years is baffling. Have wasted a lot of talent over the years. Love the recruiting, hate the results thus far during the CAA yrs - time to grow up.

Hope they figure things out - the glaring things even we all have identified as just fans for about 15 yrs.