MBB Recruits 2021

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

Re: MBB Recruits 2021

Post by Jojogunne »

triplec2195 wrote:https://youtu.be/qoE9RgQToeQ Check out this recent radio interview with Jaquan lots of really informative stuff.
Interesting discussion. Jaquan seems very mature, down to earth and focused on his goal of playing professionally after college. He has been training twice a day in preparation for his first summer at Hofstra.

He says he held his own against Cole Anthony a few years ago. Pitt, Oklahoma State, Fordham, and Va Tech were among the schools that expressed interest in him. In his words, "The other schools liked me, but Hofstra loved me."
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Jojogunne wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:https://youtu.be/qoE9RgQToeQ Check out this recent radio interview with Jaquan lots of really informative stuff.
Interesting discussion. Jaquan seems very mature, down to earth and focused on his goal of playing professionally after college. He has been training twice a day in preparation for his first summer at Hofstra.

He says he held his own against Cole Anthony a few years ago. Pitt, Oklahoma State, Fordham, and Va Tech were among the schools that expressed interest in him. In his words, "The other schools liked me, but Hofstra loved me."
JoJo thanks for taking the time to watch this I actually thought a lot of us guys here would have enjoyed this. Carlos is well spoken and we get a lot of insight into him personally and also as an elite basketball player. He said more then once that "I don't expect anything to be handed to me" I'm going to work hard and prove myself to get playing time. Also per Rivals he had offers from Cincinnati,Bryant UCONN, Depaul, East CAROLINA, Iona, N.C. State, St John's and Wake Forest. Knowing that he's such a prolific scorer I'm sure he will see some action as the 2 guard.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

ProudofPride wrote:90 points in yesterday’s game!
But let's put this into perspective Jefferson played someone named Spring Creek and as a team they only scored 27 points. The final score 119-27 if my info. is accurate.
Last edited by triplec2195 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Lets see how he performs against better competition come playoff time
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Here comes another documentary type video on Carlos and does state that his current competition isn't that good(really!) and that he has deficiencies in his game such as size and playing D but another nice and insightful piece about Jaquan. https://youtu.be/09mbQwzBuBw
Last edited by triplec2195 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

https://www.psal.org/games/game-detail.aspx#001/400518

Box score for the game yesterday for another A level team in the PSAL. Carlos had 21 points. Respectable performance verse top competition but definitely a more balanced approach then the video game numbers put up in the prior games.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraMathew wrote:https://www.psal.org/games/game-detail.aspx#001/400518

Box score for the game yesterday for another A level team in the PSAL. Carlos had 21 points. Respectable performance verse top competition but definitely a more balanced approach then the video game numbers put up in the prior games.
THIS IS MORE GETTING BACK TO REALITY and 9 of his points were from the ft line as he hit 9 of 9. That's a good sign. I wonder how many shots he took and how many assists he had?
Pride6273

Post by Pride6273 »

HofstraMathew wrote:https://www.psal.org/games/game-detail.aspx#001/400518

The A division is the middle league. JC plays in the AA usually which is top competition. Hope it translates to college
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

I see we offered a local talent - 6'7" Scoring Guard - RYAN DUNN - LuHi Grad prepping at Perkiomen School
in PA - A guard with size that can dominate with the ball. Good jumper in the corner; is athletic driving into the lane; loves to accelerate and play above the rim.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

So things are quiet on this board but meanwhile in the LAST week we offer 8 recruits for next year. A few kids from Philly area and a few from the Florida area. Two kids who are 6'10. Christian Fermin one of those kids from the PA. area has already removed us from consideration narrowing down his choices to 5 schools Temple, Penn State, St Jose's, VCU AND PITTSBURGH. Wow that was quick It would be nice to get another BIG we already have one work project coming in next year a kid with a lot of promise. The other 6'10 kid Ernest Udeh from the Orlando area has a lot of schools offering for his services a three star recruit.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Any one know if the two LSU transfer centers have committed to another school yet one is 6ft11 the other is 7 ft
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I DON'T SEE ANYTHING YET ON JOSH GRAY the other kid is a 5 star recruit I don't believe we would be in the conversation for him.
Captain

Post by Captain »

I think we have a new guard in the pipeline for this fall.
I don't see anything official yet but expect to see Amare Marshall suiting up for us this season..
I think he played some with Zion at Immaculate Conception.
I don;t know how this affects the roster going forward but rumors are that he is a player.
Stay tuned I guess.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

What does the article say?
Cards

Post by Cards »

I don't know jojo. I'm not a subscriber. I just see the first two lines of text which says he's headed to HU.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Thinking there's a corresponding move if that's the case as everything we've seen so far shows they are out of scholarships (although maybe zach cooks doesn't count towards the total? same situation as Ray in terms of years played/eligibility)
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:Thinking there's a corresponding move if that's the case as everything we've seen so far shows they are out of scholarships (although maybe zach cooks doesn't count towards the total? same situation as Ray in terms of years played/eligibility)
Maybe this kid Marshall who certainly doesn't appear to be heavily recruited and actually only got an offer from Bryant who offer just about every kid in the country is a walk-on. Does this seem like a possibility here?? IMO this signing doesn't make a lot of sense considering all the quality guards we have.
Captain

Post by Captain »

I don't know anything about a walk on. I can tell you that the staff is impressed with the kid. Saw some high school stats for Marshall...not a big scorer but steals the ball and rebounds the ball.
With the talent Speedy has there will be loads of competition for pt. Speedy wants to emphasize defense. If you are a defensive liability you have one strike against you. There will always be playing time for a good defender and get your scoring elsewhere.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Captain wrote:I don't know anything about a walk on. I can tell you that the staff is impressed with the kid. Saw some high school stats for Marshall...not a big scorer but steals the ball and rebounds the ball.
With the talent Speedy has there will be loads of competition for pt. Speedy wants to emphasize defense. If you are a defensive liability you have one strike against you. There will always be playing time for a good defender and get your scoring elsewhere.
Certainly you could be right and we have a lot of experienced coaches here so this must have been well thought out if in fact it is a done deal.