Basketball tickets - Hofstra vs Stony Brook

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Re: Basketball tickets - Hofstra vs Stony Brook

Post by HUSID80 »

Just tell SBU it is the American East Final and they will fold their tents!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

We will find out more about them tonite when they play Notre Dame on the road.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

stuball888 wrote:We will find out more about them tonite when they play Notre Dame on the road.
I'll expect a full scouting report Stu.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I can give one now but will see how they perform tonite. The game is on ESPN3 at 9PM.I should be home by 830 so can eat dinner then watch the game.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

ND 26 SB 16 8:40 in first
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

ND blows out SBU by over 20 points. Now Hofstra has the formula to beat SBU. Warney was bothered by Augustes length and athleticism. Waith we dont have anyone like him. warney must be drawn out of the paint or expect about 6 blocks from. Gustys must use hisbulk to push warney away from the basket.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

It's hard to use that game as an indicator of how good SBU is. I think a better test is their game against a spotty Northeastern team on Saturday.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

stuball888 wrote:ND blows out SBU by over 20 points. Now Hofstra has the formula to beat SBU. Warney was bothered by Augustes length and athleticism. Waith we dont have anyone like him. warney must be drawn out of the paint or expect about 6 blocks from. Gustys must use hisbulk to push warney away from the basket.
Yes we do his name is Walker
Polito

Post by Polito »

Hehehe, good morning gents!! I stopped by just to see what the peanut gallery had to say today - you know who you are, you SBU lovers posing as HU fans :P

So allow me to recap: before this game it was oh don't you worry you guys will see what's up when they showdown ND!! NOW, a blowout later, it's oh forget that game, bad example, blah blah blah

I knew they would not beat ND, Brey was not going to lose to them, just too good of a coach - and that is an unranked team - but when it's Brey, you don't take them for granted any year. SBU is good, but they ain't that good, they are absolutely beatable with the right game plan. FSU and USC IMO would take SBU to the woodshed in similar ND fashion. You guys will see by the end of the yr just how good those 2 are - Indiana St was a crap game, but those other 2 were no joke.

Look here is the TRUTH: SBU is a solid mid program, they will be a tough game - they have some talent and it's a rivalry game at home - there is NO ONE, read carefully here, NO ONE on this board who is discounting SBU. We ALL, read A L L, respect them.

The reality is that some of YOU guys are discounting your OWN team - you are giving all the credit to the opponent and none to your guys - and I'm calling you out for it. This will be just as tough of a game for them as it will be for HU. HU has their own weapons that will cause headaches for SBU - some of YOU guys need to be reminded of that, and respect that. HU won last yr - don't care how or why, they won - you need to remember that is the bottom line - last yr, Nichols was a starter, this yr he's an athletic spark off the bench - last yr Gustys was a young frosh early in his 1st yr, this time he's got some P5 experience under his belt and has displayed an improved game - last yr Green, Tanksley, and Bernardi were shaking off the rust of sitting a full yr - this yr they are on a mission to dance. It's a different yr, different game - it will be a battle, so let's back up our boys for goodness sake! I have high demands and expect great things from this team this yr, but in a rivalry game, you toss that stuff out the window and get ready for a BRAWL - let's MAKE IT RAIN HU!!

If some of you can't man up for your team, and you're going to lay down for YOUR teams rivalry game, then do yourself and the rest of us a favor and move along to the wolves board. <drops mic>

But first things first - today is about SIENA, so I'm off to that thread!
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Again, this is a game we really should win, and it's a good challenge for us. Beating Siena by double-digits would be a good sign of things to come.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Nobody is discounting the Pride Polito...what we are saying is the Pride must bring their A game to beat SBU...if they show up like they did for Indiana St. and A. St. they will not win..with.better efforts at defense and rebounding the Pride will win
garyg

Post by garyg »

No reason Hofstra should not win next 4 games and enter conference play 10-2
pridehoops2015

Post by pridehoops2015 »

Anyone know the phone number to espn? They are reporting the Notre dame stony brook score wrong. Sbu must have won. They are golden state of college basketball.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Warney became SBU's D-1 career scoring leader today.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

And they lost big to CAA foe Northeastern
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Warney may be an NBA prospect, but we need to worry more about NU than SBU.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Kenpom has SBU (4-4) at 89 and Hofstra (6-3) at 105. How is that possible?
Polito

Post by Polito »

NU seems to find a way to be good nearly every yr - so annoying...what is up with that lol

the pressure is building for the SBU game - they are on a recent bad streak here in desperate need of a win, and HU is in desperate need to put that very ugly double-digit loss behind them - this will be a battle
Cards

Post by Cards »

NU will give us some interesting matchups. Against SB, Ford (6'8") had a number of 3s, as well as one of their new freshman studs 6'10" who also had three 3s! Tough to defend against that!

As usual, I guess we will just try to outscore them!! ;)
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Jojogunne wrote: Kenpom has SBU (4-4) at 89 and Hofstra (6-3) at 105. How is that possible?
Strength of schedule values and ranks:

Hofstra: .6019 (76th) in Ken Pomeroy, 74.63 (86th) in Sagarin, and .5492 (80th) in RPI
Stony Brook: .7744 (8th) in Ken Pomeroy, 79.59 (9th) in Sagarin, and .5473 (85th) in RPI

Ken Pomeroy is close to Jeff Sagarin is strength of schedule for Stony Brook. The RPI is close to the other two for Hofstra but not for Stony Brook.