Transfer Portal

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by Jojogunne »

Omar is a father. This move will keep him close to his family.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

triplec2195 wrote:Bonaventure is losing most of their starting line up as Lofton and Osunniyi have both transferred. Lofton their PG would be a great get for us was a first team A-10 player a few times and their second leading scorer getting almost 13 pts a game and o/5 assists. Speedy are u on this??
Arizona is pursuing Lofton:

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildca ... a4b7a.html
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Jojogunne wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Bonaventure is losing most of their starting line up as Lofton and Osunniyi have both transferred. Lofton their PG would be a great get for us was a first team A-10 player a few times and their second leading scorer getting almost 13 pts a game and o/5 assists. Speedy are u on this??

Of course like a lot of these good players from mid major programs looking to play at the next level. We will be OK at the point. I don't like that we lost Omar but a jekyll and Hyde type player and wished Cramer would have hung in there. Both losses IMO but we may have come out stronger in the long run based on what we have signed.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

triplec2195 wrote:
Jojogunne wrote:

Of course like a lot of these good players from mid major programs looking to play at the next level. We will be OK at the point. I don't like that we lost Omar but a jekyll and Hyde type player and wished Cramer would have hung in there. Both losses IMO but we may have come out stronger in the long run based on what we have signed.
I think we come out stronger but, I still think With Cramer sky is the limit, and this upcoming season he’ll really find his legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I agree with that dutchalum01 as far as Cramer is concerned. He averaged around 9 points a game as a freshman and almost 7 rebounds he was shooting 3's at 24% but this is a work in progress. If he gets the minutes I would expect that he will have nice numbers along with his highlight plays.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Cramer was unique player who was not used properly - could run the floor, rebound and score in traffic, could defend (but not at the 5) and hit an occasional 3. Shooting is a skill that can always be improved. Case in point Grant Williams of the Celtics - missed his first 25 three's and now is one of the top 3pt shooters from the corner.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Ryan Myers from Iona is in the transfer portal a PG from Christ the King a 6'1 guard.
Started for the CSHAA's Christ the King High School in Middle Village, New York.
Averaged 21.3 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.5 assists for the Royals in 2019-20.
As a junior, was the No. 2 scorer on the team, averaging 16.3 points per game.
Earned MVP honors as the Royals earned the 2019 CSHAA-AA championship for the first time in five seasons with its win over Archbishop Stepinac.
Played AAU ball for New Heights.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Myers was Pitino's second recruit. He probably wants to play at a higher level than the MAAC or CAA.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/03/23/ion ... yan-myers/
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

The sad reality of the situation though Jojo is that he was only getting 15 minutes a game and he scored 5 points a game. I don't think he's in a position to be moving up he probably has to lateral to another school where he can get more minutes. He played in 33 games this past year and only started one.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Good for Omar. Nothing personal against the kid, he is an HU guy, and therefore always pulling for him. But on the court he's just too inconsistent and totally unpredictable. Sorry, but that's not what wins championships. He can definitely help another program though. Wish him all the best. And glad we can now use that ship to level up.

HU needs high quality consistent and coachable play - we don't need mavericks who do whatever they want with no parameters or hoops situational IQ. I hope the coaching staff realizes this too. There is such thing as too much freedom to improvise on the floor. HU is undisciplined. That's not going to work. Speedy and his staff need to take more command going forward. Players can still be creative while staying within boundaries of an actual offensive system.

Cramer, as I said adamantly at the time and beyond, was a total travesty - a complete failure by BOTH staffs. The most athletic player to ever step foot in this program is a player you MUST develop. As Z noted, he was never utilized properly. Plain as day - I am extremely disappointed the coaches couldn't figure it out. Same way they couldn't figure out how to maximize some of the best guards in program history too.

Of course his skill set is limited, he's not a 5 star lol - so is every player in the country not in the top 10. But to think he isn't cut out for HU or the CAA is a joke. This kid should have been a superstar in the CAA demoralizing teams night in and out. He certainly shares some of the blame, players also have to do their part, but he had PLENTY of skill to be a major difference maker, and the fact he never came to that fruition is on the staff IMO.

This is what happens when you put too much emphasis on making every player play like JJ Reddick - HU is tunnel vision about the 3 ball - it's ridiculous. This program needs BALANCE. Bunch of hero ball and one game wins doesn't = dancing. And HU didn't dance that way either - they won the CAA with more efficient and varied offense, and DEFENSE.

Lastly, regarding utilizing players properly, I see some of you once again trying to force a player to be something he isn't, i.e. Estrada to be the PG. This is as silly as trying to force JWF to be one. AE is NOT a PG. He is a COMBO guard. There is a difference guys. Just because a player can pass the ball and makes plays with the ball does NOT make him a floor general. Carlos is a POINT. HU really has to stop forcing players to be something they aren't because of recruiting misses or skill gaps or lack of coaching. Fix the gaps. Recruit better and develop your talent.

All this out of position stuff does not work. How many times do we need to see it play out for this to sink in? That is a last resort strategy when you are ravaged by injury, not a tactic to use when you have a full roster. HU has GOT to put players in a position to win. They win, the team wins, and then they dance.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

The Drame brothers from Our Savior New American School in Centereach are transferring from Saint Peter's to LaSalle. We need to make some inroads there. OSNA gets a lot of international players.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

These kids were a package deal always seemed to play at the same school both H.S. and college. Good players.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:These kids were a package deal always seemed to play at the same school both H.S. and college. Good players.
I know - I think they (Drame Brothers) were a package deal back in their mothers womb.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yup lol!!

stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Funny we are seeing commits from the portal teansfer for mens badketball
Womens basketball only here crickets
Anyone have any info on our recruiting for next season
Im sure there are women players looking to transfer
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I’m not super confident on what’s going on there just the kid from Lutheran but some of our seniors may play an extra season but this remains unconfirmed. Coach Atkinson had them playing better basketball at the end of the season but u can’t win without good players.

stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Didnt our best player Kayla Brown transfer out for next season
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yes that’s true.

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

She missed most of the season after getting hurt when Ole Miss was at Mack. Jaylen Hines though was the best player on this team.

Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Iona just added Missouri PG Anton Brookshire from Kickapoo (MO) HS.