Lack of HU Sports Advertising/Marketing is UNACCEPTABLE

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Re: Lack of HU Sports Advertising/Marketing is UNACCEPTABLE

Post by ProudofPride »

NBC is also covering the game, Bruce Beck was on campus interviewing JAM. I don't remember him doing anything on campus since the day JAM was hired.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBYDn8ZAeMM ... hofstrambb
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Bruce is a real good guy...probably doing a preview for the 5-6 o'clock news then will follow with game footage and story at 11...stay tuned!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

HUSID80 wrote:Where are the free shirts!!!!! Need t-shirts...amazing what a cheap free t shirt will do!
Yes!!!

I have to say, the push for tonight's game has been fantastic from the school and the local community. I am jacked up for this game just from the coverage the team has received this week. The thread name may need to be updated! The stops have been pulled out, it's time for the fans to deliver with a great crowd tonight!!!
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

If we hit 2,500 that's a great first step and proof that heavy marketing actually works. Hoping for a good turnout and a good performance. I believe we're 9-1 at home, so let's keep that trend going!
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Also, I think Joe and Coach K being out there and talking to students is a great thing. Both are pretty much instantly likable when you talk to them and more than any student-athlete a well-known or loved coach can bring consistent support as well. While Kansas obviously has a rabid student body for basketball, I read stuff about Bill Self meeting with students and think that's awesome. Just a little outreach once a month or something can go a long way over time.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I will not be asking or talking on the topic of promotion anymore for the rest of the season – in the most important marketing and fan engagement game of the entire season this team sh!t the bed...at home...once again.

At some point this program needs to earn the hype. As you can tell I am beyond disappointed after this brutal loss.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Hofstra did what they could to promote game in that short of time frame.Multiple stories in the press. TV spots on the news programs. What did we draw, 2,057? With first place on the line in the CAA it wasnt even our best crowd.After crapping the bed in this game I dont see us drawing more than 1,500 a game for the rest of the year. Lost season as far as attendance is concerned. I will say it now it will be the worst attendance since we opened the MACK. On another note I feel bad for the womens team. They have to follow this disaster and play on the day when there will be 6 inches of snow on the ground. They cant seem to catch a break. can you see parents taking their girl scouts out in weather like this.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

stuball888 wrote:On another note I feel bad for the womens team. They have to follow this disaster and play on the day when there will be 6 inches of snow on the ground. They cant seem to catch a break. can you see parents taking their girl scouts out in weather like this.
There's still hope, the game isn't until 7, the roads should be ok by then. The university only has delay until 10 this morning instead of a snow day because administration doesn't think it's that bad out, and commuters and professors should be able to get to class for 10. If anything, hopefully at least some students come after Coach K talked to them around campus yesterday. The women deserve the support, they're 9-0 at home right now.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I don't give a crap what the final number was, whatever it was they CHOKED their chance away at retaining them.

I'm a diehard and I've honestly had enough of the nonsense myself - the blown chances, the unmet expectations, the hype that never matches, enough is enough. This is the 3rd straight yr of this program sh!tting the bed with huge opportunities at home to develop an engaged fanbase and to garner fantastic attention.

It's past old now, and it's taken it's toll. They will reap what they've sown in terms of support now for the rest of the year. Love them all, wish they had a packed house all the time because I know they're playing their butts off, but this is on them for blowing their chance to FINALLY come through for the fans.

I'll see if I can get there for Sr day, believe in showing proper respect for the great Srs on this team and what they've given. But the other side of this is I'm no longer interested in having my heart stomped every damn year by constant unmet expectations. This program just needs to get the damn job done now, and stop complaining until they do.

They wanted the hype and attention, and they got it. Now this epic choke is all over national twitter accounts - no one is talking about how good HU is, the turnaround, their shot to finally take the title and return to the dance, nothing. They're talking about how the blew a 20 figging point lead at HOME, the super UNCW comeback on the road, and taking control of 1st place.

Fans showed up for CJ because HE showed up, and showed out, EVERY DAMN TIME. And he had NOTHING around him. His teams had basically NO shot to win anything significant, BUT he was straight AUTOMATIC and came through in EVERY big spot he could, esp at home - fans need and want to see that. He was worth the admission alone. THAT'S what fans PAY for in time and $. And this team doesn't have it, with a HELLUVA lot more pieces. Very disheartening.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Well - may be too little too late, but I just heard a spot for the game against Charleston on ESPN radio. The mentioned it's the last home game of the year, a 2 for 1 ticket deal and that its military appreciation day. Guess they finally realized that they have a product they can market. Would be great to have a BIG crowd to send them off to Baltimore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

What kind of advertising was done for yesterday's game? The announced attendance was about 1000 more than it was for the UNCW game, and that game got a little bit of national attention ahead of it. I was surprised at home many there were yesterday. Hopefully seeing a big win will make those fans want to come back for the last home game.
Cards

Post by Cards »

I was happy to see the size of the crowd yesterday - a big improvement!

That being said, there were many HU team awards and student-athlete awards given out and I think that "artificially" helped fill the Mack. The sad part was that the two end sections behind the baskets (where the students and various teams were seated) were significantly less populated the last 5 minutes of the game than at half time!! Absolutely no school spirit! Kids got their awards and then left the building. And these were other athletes!!!! They couldn't even stick around to root their fellow student-athletes in what was a very exciting game! Very sad, but not unexpected!