Hofstra vs Arkansas 12/18 Saturday

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
joeg1

Re: Hofstra vs Arkansas 12/18 Saturday

Post by joeg1 »

Ray might be the fourth best guard on the team. Speedy sure got some hidden gems in this last recruiting cycle.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I've been meaning to throw this out there after watching the entire game last night. I saw Cooks leave the HU bench and go out on the court to confront the officials. He was saying something to more then one official. I found this to be so bizarre and I thought the bench would have received a warning concerning this. He was vocal the entire game getting off his seat on the bench and yelling things. At one point I think Iyiola who was on the bench when Cooks got up motioned to him to sit down and said some things to him. I actually thought we could have been hit with a technical for the stuff he was doing.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

joeg1 wrote:Ray might be the fourth best guard on the team. Speedy sure got some hidden gems in this last recruiting cycle.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
You MIGHT be right - but a healthy/hot JR makes a big difference in this lineup - his 3 point shooting is by far the best on the team - and I think his (and Estrada's) game vs Arkansas opened it up for Iyiola and Dubar -

I would really need to see if Cooks and his style can work with Ray. If those to can play together - we can be a tough opponent night in- night out.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Elon got routed at Bud Walton Arena (on Arkansas' campus) last night, 81-55.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Wags wrote: Elon got routed at Bud Walton Arena (on Arkansas' campus) last night, 81-55.
If you give Arkansas home court advantage for both games, that makes us 34 points better than Elon, which means on December 31 on CBS Sports Network we should win by 31 at Elon. I'm not saying that will happen.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I would really need to see if Cooks and his style can work with Ray. If those to can play together - we can be a tough opponent night in - night out
I said this exact thing daHUPride very early in the season when Ray returned to the lineup and Cooks went limp, and was emphatically told on here that had nothing to do with anything - eh, yet here we are with the same question still unanswered - I’ve yet to see both Ray and Cooks truly flourish together. Not totally unexpected, that’s a lot of presence to mesh together - fully agree if they can they’d be unstoppable, espnin the CAA.

Perhaps tonight if both play?? Would be a heckuva time to see them star together - that would be a deadly attack alongside Estrada.