Post by ProudofPride »

pridehoops2015

Re: Mens Basketball 2015-2016 predictions

Post by pridehoops2015 »

Lol. That's awesome. Love it.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

NBC Sports predicts us to finish 2nd, behind JMU. Juan'ya Green is their predicted player of the year.
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... ced-field/
Polito

Post by Polito »

Nothing less than a conf championship and a trip to the dance will do, no ifs ands or buts

I fully expect JMU, NU, UNCW, W&M to be good squads, and those games to be battles - but nearly every team in the CAA lost their star(s)...except HU, which returns theirs and has added to it - the time is now, and the situation is as good as you could ever ask it to be

#ROLLPRIDE
Cards

Post by Cards »

Well Polito - I think you knew all along about Djambo not being around and that's why you said major playing time for Koon... LOL

Looks like more playing time for Koon, Nichols and Walker. Assuming no injuries to our bigs, not having Djambo (for at least half the season) is certainly not a death blow to the program. I was interested thought to see if he did have a decent outside shooting game which would be a great weapon for a 6'10" guy.

Finally, assuming that Djambo did fit in as we anticipated, we would be a better team with him. You never know how much of an impact he would have had.....but assuming his play would have produced positive results contributing to a better W-L record and tournament play, having him on board could have helped recruiting and the program in general. That is why I am not pleased with this latest development. Hopefully he's back for the spring or a full year next year.
Polito

Post by Polito »

lol I wish, I'm not a big $ donor yet...YET. I will be one day soon though, and trust me when I am, my humble (yet accurate!) opinions will reach the right ears! :P :P

IMO, Koon is the potential X-factor this yr - and I agree, there will be a lot more opportunities for both Walker and Nichols in Djambo's place, who I think were both underutilized last season - I think they can bring solid impact to the table this yr
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

The AP predicts us first in the conference
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hofstras-r ... NlYwNzYw--
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Received Blue Ribbon Yearbook - Their Forecast
1) HU
2) JMU
3) W&M
4) UD
5) NU
6) TU
7) UNCW
8) Elon
9) DU
10) CC

All CAA
Green and Tank
POY
Green
Zero mention of Walker in team writeup
garyg

Post by garyg »

Walker may have to play significant minutes with Djambo not around
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Bleacher Report picks Hofstra as the "Best School of all the H's" for the NCAA Tournament and that includes Harvard

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2582 ... -z/page/10
Polito

Post by Polito »

great recognition, about that time to back it up boys!!

There has been noticeable crickets on not only Walker but Gustys too - Walker I get, he's way more of an unknown, but folks are sleeping on Rokas - I'm looking for him to have a very very big year - and I agree, Walker is going to play - pulling for him to jump all over the opportunity - I still think there's impact ability there... fingers crossed
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

2 weeks from now we'll finally get to see the team in action! Let's keep the chatter going, as it helps build the excitement.
Here's some news about one of our opposing teams. Siena player Javion Ogunyemi transferred to BU at the end of last season, and practiced with the team and took classes there during the summer. He then decided to transfer back to Siena and just heard back today that he will be eligible to play, even though the NCAA got rid of hardship waivers, and he supposedly transferred back to Siena because of family hardship. Siena already had 13 players on scholarship, so the loophole is that he is now a walk on, receiving absolutely nothing from the school, because even a dime from the financial aid office that isn't from the government would count as a 14th scholarship. That'll make the game against them a little bit more difficult, but still winnable.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

I feel like Blue Ribbon is really sleeping on Northeastern. I think they're top 3 in the CAA still.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Slow day at the office find. Drexel 2015-16 roster includes Freshman Guard Terrell Allen - Terrell is a DeMatha HS grad (DeMatha is where Joe Mihalich started his coaching career in the late 70's-early 80's) - Terrell is also the son of former HU hooper Leroy Allen (Leroy was a key guard in the early '80's for some pretty good HU teams - he also must have crossed paths with JM at DeMatha as Leroy was a player at DeMatha around the time when JM was starting his coaching career).
Polito

Post by Polito »

I believe the top teams this year will be HU, JMU, W&M, and Northeastern - and because its the CAA, there will be another dark horse team that no one expects contending - if I had to guess, I'd say a UD or UNCW... who knows