MBB team photo

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Re: MBB team photo

Post by ProudofPride »

Hofstra MBB posted an album of pictures from photo day, including a few different group shots.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 062&type=3
Polito

Post by Polito »

agreed it's not a high impact per say, I just think it's ridiculous that this occurred now... this couldn't have been dealt with prior?? :?

anyway, sure there's more to it than we'll know, so moving on - he would've been a great/helpful addition to depth, but nothing we can do - next man up!

actually hoping this means Walker will take a bigger role and use the opportunity to both develop and showcase his skills - kid has potential IMO
Cards

Post by Cards »

I like the pictures PoP - especially the one with Gustys, Walker, Sabety, and asst coach. Those three are BIG boys, and I include Walker in that category. Looks to me like he's added some pounds and upper body strength since last year. I'm excited for him - hopefully a great season to come!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

RollPride15 wrote:Hey guys long-time lurker here, happy to be on board. If the visa issue is true, then I'm skeptical of Djambo's chances of playing for Hofstra. Unless he qualifies for an "extraordinary talent" visa, (which can expedite the process a bit) visas take a while, especially if something went wrong the first time. I'm not an expert on visas but I do know that if there are holdups those holdups can quickly become a nightmare, as dutchalum observed. I have no insight on the situation beyond what's been posted here, but until we get other news I think it's safe to say we shouldn't count on Djambo playing on the team.
welcome rp15, but hopefully this is not the case!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Cards wrote:I like the pictures PoP - especially the one with Gustys, Walker, Sabety, and asst coach. Those three are BIG boys, and I include Walker in that category. Looks to me like he's added some pounds and upper body strength since last year. I'm excited for him - hopefully a great season to come!
Agree. Walker looks jacked. I hope he becomes a key player in this team rotation.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Yeh I said that about Walker over the summer. Looks like a completely different player, also now wearing contacts...no nerdy glasses!
Cards

Post by Cards »

My high school age daughter thought that Walkers glasses/goggles looked cool.......go figure!
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Disagree with above - Can never have enough front court depth. Guys get into foul trouble, get sick or hurt - never have enough bigs! He's close to 7' and can shoot - HU didn't bring him in for one year to play less than 10 mins a game. Now he's set back and unlikely to be a significant contributor. Koon has injury issues, Walker has zero experience, Gusty's will get in foul trouble constantly.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Agree with you zman
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Hopefully he will be back in time for the CAA schedule
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

of course we need him. as z said 7' shooter plus athletic come on - we absolutely need him. plus with out him we only suit up 9 player - that is asking a lot of those 9 - rolling the dice with an injury or an illness - at a minimum he stretches the rotation and at a maximum he'd be force in the CAA. like our talent regardless but sure is risky with such a limited roster.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I count 10, not including the WO...Koon plays this yr, Sabety sits
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

joeg1 wrote:I count 10, not including the WO...Koon plays this yr, Sabety sits
not splitting hairs but there are 13 players listed on the teams web site- subtract Powers, Robinson and Sabety - thats 10 - subtract Dajambo thats 9...thats what I meant
HofstraFan101

Post by HofstraFan101 »

daHUPride wrote:
not splitting hairs but there are 13 players listed on the teams web site- subtract Powers, Robinson and Sabety - thats 10 - subtract Dajambo thats 9...thats what I meant
What's the reason for taking out Robinson?
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraFan101 wrote:
daHUPride wrote:
What's the reason for taking out Robinson?
I thought he was red shirting - no???
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

You cannot go into the season w nine players. One injury and you will have to burn Robinsons redshirt.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Def not ideal, but I feel like HU has fielded less before...

At any rate, perhaps they try and keep him out until absolutely necessary - was anything mentioned about Djambo's status yesterday??
garyg

Post by garyg »

I have sent JAM a couple of emails regarding status of Djambo and have not heard back. Normally he replies to my emails. I assume either he does not know or Djambo will not be back
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

So it appears that only 9 or 10 players will suit up for us this year?
garyg

Post by garyg »

I asked JAM if he thought Djambo would be playing for Hofstra this season or next season and his reply--"fingers crossed, this season"