Re: MBB recruits 2017

Post by HUSID80 »

Iona will get him...they always get the local tansfers
Cards

Post by Cards »

sure seems like that always happens.

Anyway, Singh has not played the last 2 games and was only getting 5-9 minutes earlier in December.
ON the SH website, his name is already gone from the roster (although he is still in the team photo). So it looks like he is transferring now and will be in his new school in January. So with the transfer rules kicking in, does this mean that he can sit out this winter/spring and next year non-conference schedule of his new school and be ready to play in conf games one year from now??
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Cards wrote:

Anyway, Singh has not played the last 2 games and was only getting 5-9 minutes earlier in December.
ON the SH website, his name is already gone from the roster (although he is still in the team photo). So it looks like he is transferring now and will be in his new school in January. So with the transfer rules kicking in, does this mean that he can sit out this winter/spring and next year non-conference schedule of his new school and be ready to play in conf games one year from now??
Yes, if he's enrolled in his new school in Jan he will sit Spring and Fall semesters and be eligible for CAA play in Jan 2017
Cards

Post by Cards »

At least we will know the decision regarding Singh pretty quickly. He either will or wont be enrolled at HU in 3 weeks or less.

Would also love to get the official commit on JR. Without him on board next year (at least as our roster currently stands) we will surely have issues at the point! Not a knock on DB, just the fact that we would have no true PG depth and still have uncertainty about his recovery.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID80 wrote:
Cards wrote:

Yes, if he's enrolled in his new school in Jan he will sit Spring and Fall semesters and be eligible for CAA play in Jan 2017
How does this work with years of eligibility? Would next year's partial season count as the 2nd half of his sophomore year or his full junior year?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Was told Hofstra looking at a Juco point guard who played his freshman year at Siena. he would have two years of eligibility.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Excellent sleuthing Stu... 8-)

I have a good idea who, but will wait and see.

Any birdie drop hints on Ray?? Osbel?? A big???
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Polito is it Mike Wilson
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

Wilson was a walk-on at Sienna. :(

I thought it was Mike Wormley.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/keny-whormley

stuball888 wrote:Polito is it Mike Wilson
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

probably is wormley. Like his size but is probably built like Loren Stokes. If he has his heart he will be OK.
Cards

Post by Cards »

I thought of Wormley as well. He is currently at Indian Hills Comm Coll.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Looks like Joe took a quick trip down to Philly last night and offered 6' 0 PG Collin Gillespie. Still trying to find more info on this kid but apparently he's coming on strong lately. Only had D2 offers until recently but now has them from Albany, Rider and Drexel as well.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Thanks DOOKU25...please keep us all posted...Happy Holidays everyone!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

"On the fringe of Division I and II"? Is that the best we can do?

http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/collin-gillespie
Cards

Post by Cards »

I agree Jojo - we should have our sites set higher. he might be a decent player, but when one of the scouting comments is that "he's not that quick or fleet afoot", that tells me he not a PG that we want at the CAA level.
Captain

Post by Captain »

If Coach Mihalich visited and saw and offered him, that is good enough for me. Look at the guards he sees at practice for the last few years at HU. I suspect he knows talent when he sees it. Remember HU is "in Guards we trust". Coach is a Philly guy and probably has little Philly birds whispering in his ear.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Captain wrote:If Coach Mihalich visited and saw and offered him, that is good enough for me. Look at the guards he sees at practice for the last few years at HU. I suspect he knows talent when he sees it. Remember HU is "in Guards we trust". Coach is a Philly guy and probably has little Philly birds whispering in his ear.
Agreed - JAM has been at this for a while now and I think we should consider him a pretty good talent evaluator in his own right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
garyg

Post by garyg »

From what I have been able to gather online this kid is not a fringe player anymore...coming on super strong and is on the radar of many top mid major's...he should receive many more offers in coming months...
Cards

Post by Cards »

Here is tape of his high school junior season:
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3639659/572 ... 1f80e1c373

Looks like a very confident player with a smooth long distance stroke. Looks to be his teams leader and he plays smart and hard ---all good qualities.

Does not appear to be real athletic. Not a leaper and not fast (a la DP) nor quick (a la DB). Unless he has really come into his own, I just don't see him, based on this tape, as a CAA quality PG. This tape also does not appear to be against quality competition, looks like typical high school.

Like others have stated, JM has done well recruiting good talent, and I trust him. This guy almost reminds me of a BB in that does not look like he can create his own shot (at the CAA level) nor is he that quick. Look how important it is to have that talented explosive PG like Green and lately Powers. I don't see that kind of athleticism in this guy. But I could be wrong! That being said, he certainly looks like a 3-point sniper!