Could This Be the Start of Something????

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Don't want to get ahead of myself but just received an invitation from Rick Cole for a HOFSTRA FOOTBALL ALUMNI event in connection with the Hofstra home basketball game vs. Northeastern on Saturday, February 19, scheduled for 2pm.

To my recollection, therre has been absolutely NO effort to reach out to football alums since this program was MURDERED back in 2009.

Ther have some interactions with high profile alumns such as Marcus Colston but little else...

Any thoughts????
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Not to rain on this parade but Cole also set up a football alumni meet up for basketball game against JMU in 2019 that Colston and Colon attended so this isn’t new and doesn’t mean it is going to lead to program re-launching. I think it is great they are engaging with football alums though and that many are receptive to the outreach..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HUSID80

Re: Could This Be the Start of Something????

Post by HUSID80 »

Remains to be seen how many are engaged….so many were turned off by the torpedoing of this storied program…where’s Wayne Chrebet.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

HUSID80 wrote:Remains to be seen how many are engaged….so many were turned off by the torpedoing of this storied program…where’s Wayne Chrebet.
No doubt some will never engage, but I think at very least players from the Speedy era are excited to see him lead the program.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Dream on
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

I was surprised that the anniversary of the ending of the program came and went a few weeks ago with no mention on these boards. I guess that tells me what most of you believe about the possible restart of this once very good program. I just do not see this being started in the era of COVID. There would just be too many things to overcome. I'm also not sure the present students at HU would be interested in attendance as in many seasons ago. There must be other many other concerns for new President Poser than a football program.
Last edited by The Shadow on Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

garyg wrote:Dream on
To quote a famous rock band, "You say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one."
Last edited by HUSID74 on Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Would be amazing - but will take leadership with a pair and a vision to execute - I don’t see that yet at HU

But never is a long time - it’s possible one day!
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

The Shadow wrote:I was surprised that the anniversary of the ending of the program came and went a few weeks ago with no mention on these boards. I guess that tells me what most of you believe about the possible restart of this once very good program. I just do not see this being started in the era of COVID. There would just be too many things to overcome. I'm also not sure the present students at HU would be interested in attendance as in many seasons ago. There must be other many other concerns for new President Poser than a football program.
Agreed not to mention there is no more practice fields or locker room for football.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Plenty of room to practice, we have a STADIUM, we can add locker facilities...facilities are not the issue...its wheterh the school wants to spend about $6 million per year...most of which is soft (i.e. scholarship dollars) and add about 120 students to the enrollment....which will essentially pay for the program