MBB Game 9 - Siena

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

MBB Game 9 - Siena

Post by ProudofPride »

Hofstra's preview and game notes:
http://gohofstra.com/news/2015/12/6/MBB_1206154441.aspx

Although Hofstra doesn't mention it, the game will also be on ESPN 3, subject to blackout
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#type/upco ... /20151209/
ProudofPride

Re: MBB Game 9 - Siena

Post by ProudofPride »

Siena opens as 1 point favorites, which is less than what home court advantage is worth
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

ProudofPride wrote:Siena opens as 1 point favorites, which is less than what home court advantage is worth
that sounds about right - it would be nice to get this win going into the Stony Brook game.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Odds already switched to us being 1.5 point favorites, so expect the line to move serveral more times in either direction.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesport ... ame/20963/ is titled "Familiar faces lead Hofstra into Siena game."
John0203

Post by John0203 »

Any other Hofstra fans attending the game? Siena plays minutes from my home so I've been looking forward to this one!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ok fellas, let's FOCUS! This is the next game - no looking ahead!

Was surprised to see the early odds, but the adjusted makes sense now. So, Siena...

Good team right now, not great yet - high mid pack MAAC, have some talent, Jr led so they have experience, and their game is focused around the post guys - they have 2 good ones in Bisping and Ogunyemi - both 6'8, one a bruiser, the other more fluid to the outside - this game will call on strong play from Gustys and Koon

Their most talented guard is Wright who can put the ball in the hoop - a W/F named Long can also play well, 6'7 range - he could be a guy for Tanksley or Nichols to neutralize

Think HU matches up ok in terms of overall size - rebounding battle will be interesting as they have some talent down low - I would expect a good crowd, good atmosphere, which I think only helps HU (they play up to that) - lots of familiarity here from JM's Niagara days - this will be another solid mid opponent on the road - be ready for a battle at times, there will be spurts for both

HU has the FULL ability to blow teams out, they just haven't yet displayed they will do so without making things scary or forcing themselves into big comebacks - this is as good of an opportunity as any for HU to show they can and WILL follow through and put a solid opponent down well before the final minute - my new hashtags for the next 2 games: #MAKEITRAIN #FINISHEARLYFINISHSTRONG :D
Polito

Post by Polito »

Interestingly enough, both squads face potential look ahead games after this one - obviously SBU for HU but it's also Albany for Siena - that is a BIG game for them, waay bigger than tonight's - they need/really want to win that one, mostly for regional rep and revenge as UA has taken them a lot recently

HUs game isn't until the 20th, plenty of time in between to focus all energy on tonight - Siena faces the Danes in just 3 days - who knows, could be a factor...
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

We have to pay 8 bucks to watch the game or is there a free option?

NVMD- Found it for free on espn3.com

Double edit, NVMD- Blocked on espn3.com in my area.. This sucks
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Here is the link from firstrowsports http://ifirstrowus.eu/watch/394218/1/wa ... siena.html
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Hofstra wrote:We have to pay 8 bucks to watch the game or is there a free option?

NVMD- Found it for free on espn3.com

Double edit, NVMD- Blocked on espn3.com in my area.. This sucks
That's why as much as it sucks that Hofstra isn't on tv that often, I've grown to prefer Hofstra's stream of games. I'm always grateful for a free video stream that anyone can watch anywhere without having to log in. Your best bet tonight is to listen to the WRHU feed of the game.
PrideFan22

Post by PrideFan22 »

Does the stream feel like it's in fast forward for anyone else?
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Wait, I'm confused- why would it be blacked out in the NY market?
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Painful moment right now for Hofstra basketball... men are down 14-21 with 12 minutes to go, women are down 3-14 after the first quarter.

Siena is shooting 71% from the field. Their center just made his first career 3 pointer.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

HofstraHockey wrote:Wait, I'm confused- why would it be blacked out in the NY market?
My guess is because it's a TWC production.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Down 13 at the half. Only 7 of 14 from the charity stripe. After the App State game, JAM kept mentioning how bad our defense was, yet he still hasn't changed a thing with the team. Not ok.
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Wow these TWC announcers are awful. Such homers, to be expected but c'mon
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

This team is flat out embarrassing. No other way to put it.

Jerry Beach summed it up well on twitter.
Jerry Beach ‏@defiantlydutch
#Hofmbb lost by more (13) today than it did two years ago vs. Siena (8). With nobody left from that team. Inexcusable. #CAAHoops
Cards

Post by Cards »

that was ugly. Nothing good to say. Bad shot selection, poor shooting, poor rebounding, again no defense! Shot 35% vs 52%. shot 25% on "3's". 60% vs 85% FTs. Certainly did not look like a tournament team tonight.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Siena won 81-68. Hofstra shot porrly enough that you would have expected them to score fewer than 68.