MBB - LaSalle

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

MBB - LaSalle

Post by Cards »

Looking forward to back-to-back A10 wins. Hoping for a little more consistency in overall play and continued hot FT shooting.

Go PRIDE!!
garyg

Re: MBB - LaSalle

Post by garyg »

LaSalle beat us up inside real bad last year but they do not appear to be as physically imposing inside as they were last year...they have 3 major college transfers [South Carolina, Syracuse, and Memphis St.] sitting out this year [lucky for us] so this appears to be a very winnable game for The Pride...still would like to see Walker get 5 minutes a half in early part of season to "see what we got"...Bernardi may be a good shooter but it is painful to watch him put ball on the floor..no reason Pride should not beat LaSalle
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Thinking about heading down to Philly for the game. Anyone going? I am halfway there already, living in Staten Island.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Unfortunately this game will have overlap with Islanders against Rangers.

http://www.atlantic10.com/mediaPortal/p ... m_id=31600 will have video.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

This should be a different game than last year's matchup, especially down low. They had a couple of bigs who killed us that have graduated and we were missing Gustys in that game. Hopefully we D up on Jordan Price this time around. We had a bad habit last year of letting the opposing team's top scorer go off. I hope to see alot of Nichols on Price this time.

It will still be a tough game on the road against a well coached team, but it's definitely winnable.
Polito

Post by Polito »

All about Price IMO - LOCK THAT FELLA DOWN!!

(PS I know he will get his points, just keep him in CHECK)
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Here's Hofstra's preview and game notes. JAM is in search of career win number 300. Will he be able to get it against his alma mater?
http://gohofstra.com/news/2015/11/28/MB ... 50534.aspx
garyg

Post by garyg »

LaSalle could be a Top 25 team next season with virtually everyone coming back next year plus transfers from South Carolina, Syracuse, and Memphis St. will be eligible next season
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We're currently 2 point favorites
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Wow 2 point favs on the road against a mid to top A-10 team.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

i just saw Hofstra favored by 2.5. Here's what the Sagarin says:

Overall: Hofstra by 3.20
Predictor: Hofstra by 3.69
Golden_Mean: Hofstra by 2.54
Recent: Hofstra by 0.80
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

This is a real 50-50 game. La Salle's been shooting the ball well, but not playing much defense, this has shootout written all over it. Size wise, we're nearly identical, maybe a bit bigger actually, and neither team utilizes their bench, we're 347th in bench minutes, La Salle 350th.

Kind of concerned about a letdown game, we're in the middle of an extended road grind and have been leaning on Juan'ya and Ameen so much to pull us through. This is a homecoming game for both of them, so they might end up pressing with the home crowd on hand. Rokas is going to be a key, he could end up being dominant offensively, but they play five guards, so they may have a strange offense where he may not be as effective defensively.

Great game to show what we're made of though, this OOC schedule should have us prepared for the wars we will be facing on a weekly basis in the CAA.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

If they play 5 guards we go into a zone.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

I think the team will be up for this game. Green and Tanksley coming home, it's Joe's first crack at 300 career wins, he's playing at his alma mater where he played, and coached....Hopefully the kids deliver for him.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yeah I don't have any 'letdown' concern, this is a big game on many levels - tired legs? That's different - that's always a concern with the way the roster is being used.

LaSalle is a good team, very guard oriented, much like HU - agree size is comparable, these two match up together very similar - agree this will be a battle of shots, so rebounding will be important, and therefore expecting some key play likely to come down low

Price is a one man wrecking machine, 1st team A10, big time player - clearly he needs to be a focal point, but he's going to get his points - they do have a couple of other scoring options, and I think keeping Roberts and Shuler in check is also key - in particular I'm leaning towards really Ding up Roberts strong (he's a talented 6'6 guy) - I think he's their best catalyst outside of Price

Sure LaSalle will focus similarly on Green, but the difference to me is HU has proven they can win even when Green isn't the top scorer - not so sure it's the same for LaSalle and Price - I think he needs to be that guy in order for them to win, so if HU can contain him somewhat, 20 pt range, that may bode well

Feeling like this is a game where Bernardi should get open and take shots early and often - spread 'em out, they can't defend all of HU's scoring options - I know wearing out is a possibility for both sides, but gotta go with it, LaSalle has no depth either and really no Sr impact guys - very slight edge there that I'm hoping HU can take advantage of - and Koon should be eyeing this as chance to do some damage and make up for some bad play in previous games - don't think there's anyone who matches up with him, could be a strong night for him if he takes advantage

Lets get this W now, want NO part of this team next yr with every contributor back, Price as a Sr, plus 3 power transfers... a big road win here will look very good on HU's resume even at the end of this yr.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Here's a gem of a post from the peanut gallery of the La Salle board...
"Hofstra isn't good. They are a team every P5 and top tier A10 team should beat so how can they be good? It isn't like they have those types of players or anything.
It is just wild to me how on earth we could lose to such a peasant like opponent. It's time for G to show us once in his 12 year era why we aren't a pathetic program."
http://explorertown.proboards.com/threa ... z3tCLgSHhB
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Hofstra is starting Green, Tanksley, Gustys, Koon, and Bernardi.

La Salle is starting Johnnie Shuler, Amar Stukes, Cleon Roberts, Jordan Price, and Rohan Brown.

You can watch at http://www.atlantic10.com/mediaPortal/p ... m_id=31600 and statistics are at http://www.sidearmstats.com/lasalle/mbball/
HofstraFan101

Post by HofstraFan101 »

Announcer just said its not ok that La Salle is letting up points to JWF because he's not a scorer...
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

44-31 DUTCH at half.

La Salle's been sloppy, and we've capitalized. "Hoop" Desure off the bench with 7, JWF with 4, playing like a freshman, but the skill is no doubt there. La Salle is giving us great looks from the field, we just have to bury them in the second and get the hell out of Philly. Great half though.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Finally a fast start - 44-31 lead at half time -
20 bench minutes - 15 bench points (Buie 7 points in 7 minutes; similar numbers from Walker 0 points in 0 minutes)
7-14 from the arch
finish what you started boys