Hofstra Selects Frank Catalanotto as Baseball Coach

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

Hofstra Selects Frank Catalanotto as Baseball Coach

Post by Jojogunne »

Starting a new thread for our new baseball coach:

https://gohofstra.com/news/2021/7/7/bas ... coach.aspx

From Newsday:

"The shutdown of all sports in the New York Tech athletic program in 2020, left Catalanotto available."

"Catalanotto said Hofstra’s hitting coach, Matt Wessinger, will stay with the program and also serve as the team's first base coach. He also expects to bring in his staff from New York Tech, including pitching coach Chris Rojas, and infield guru Jimmy Goelz, who will serve as the team's third base coach."

https://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ ... 1.50299531
HofstraHockey

Re: Hofstra Selects Frank Catalanotto as Baseball Coach

Post by HofstraHockey »

Not exactly a glowing review from him on what he's been left with. We'll see how quickly he can leave his mark.

Also doesn't seem like he'll be around for TOO long. A bunch of "next step" type comments, which leads me to believe (and for sure his right to be) looking at what's next.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Looks to be a solid hire and I liked what he had to say...also looks like he's already put together a solid staff...tough to win in this league but Northeastern does it consistently, why not Hofstra?
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

HofstraHockey wrote:Not exactly a glowing review from him on what he's been left with. We'll see how quickly he can leave his mark.

Also doesn't seem like he'll be around for TOO long. A bunch of "next step" type comments, which leads me to believe (and for sure his right to be) looking at what's next.
Any coach we brought in could potentially leave for a bigger job if we have success. Would gladly take an NCAA berth in next three years if it means he leaves for greener pastures. A home run hire!
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I know. But some guys are lifers- Matt Senk could have walked away from Stony brook a decade ago after taking them to the CWS.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraPride1 wrote:
HofstraHockey wrote:Not exactly a glowing review from him on what he's been left with. We'll see how quickly he can leave his mark.

Any coach we brought in could potentially leave for a bigger job if we have success. Would gladly take an NCAA berth in next three years if it means he leaves for greener pastures. A home run hire!
Great hire.
A LIer that played in the bigs with prior college coaching experience.
OK with what he said.
Let him win a few games and IF someone comes a knocking - then ???