Hofstra - Florida State get-together

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
cactus
Site Admin

Hofstra - Florida State get-together

Post by cactus »

The game is currently scheduled for 5:30 ET on November 20th (a Friday).

Anyone interested in getting together at a bar to watch the game?

Was thinking Waterzooi (in Garden City).

First round on me for anyone in a Hofstra shirt :)
garyg

Re: Hofstra - Florida State get-together

Post by garyg »

Sounds good Cactus...should be able to make it
garyg

Post by garyg »

Nobody wants to get togetherto catch this game ???
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Would love to, but might be to far a trek on a Friday after work. Do not live in Long Island.

Cactus thats awesome of you to try and organize a watch party though. Hopefully this i the type of year we will have. Big things coming I hope.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I don't know where I'll be or if I can go, but Green Turtle on Hempstead Tpke (where Hooters used to be, in East Meadow) is trying to become a Hofstra bar. Might be able to approach them about making this an event that they promote.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

i've been to the one in rehoboth beach DE, but unless we get more than 2 people i don't think we have much to discuss with them!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

A few years ago, Hofstra had a watch party at the Ale House in Levittown. I believe it was for the Kansas game.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Hey Cactus...we still gonna get together for this game even if it is just you & I ?? Anyone else interested?
Polito

Post by Polito »

I'm interested but would need to be in the city at that time for me
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

I should be able to get dooku25 out of work early
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

I wouldn't miss that game, my work calendar has already been updated ha
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

FYI they changed the game time to 3:30 PM ET. I'll still go for a few beers but I wouldn't expect much of a crowd being during the workday.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Today's article has the game back at 5:30 EST. I checked the Paradise Jam's website which has the official bracket. It has the game at 4:30 and at the bottom states add 1 hour for EST, so i think 5:30 it is..
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Dooku25 wrote:Today's article has the game back at 5:30 EST. I checked the Paradise Jam's website which has the official bracket. It has the game at 4:30 and at the bottom states add 1 hour for EST, so i think 5:30 it is..
Atlantic time is one hour ahead of us, so the game is 3:30 eastern, not 5:30. Waterzooi isn't even open then so we need a different venue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Polito

Post by Polito »

That time certainly makes it a bit tougher…

But I'm still unsure of whether I'm going to make the effort and arrangements to watch this game, esp considering the time which will require me to move around work/business - it's going to depend on how they perform against Molloy, a game that I fully expect this team to absolutely beat it into submission

I fully expect the SR preseason POY to play like it for a FULL 40, not for the last 10 minutes

I know some may think I'm being overly harsh or whatever, but I'm straight serious, not messing around this year - this team needs to show out and prove to everyone that they are 100% serious about cutting nets this year

If they don't, then I and I'm sure many others will simply not be serious about spending time effort and money to be a part of it
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Is anyone able to confirm with Hofstra exactly what time the Florida St game is? They released their game preview for Molloy and mentions a 5:30 start time against FSU..
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Dooku25 wrote:Is anyone able to confirm with Hofstra exactly what time the Florida St game is? They released their game preview for Molloy and mentions a 5:30 start time against FSU..

The official Paradise Jam bracket ( http://paradisejam.com/brackets/ ) says the game is at 4:30 Atlantic Standard Time, which is one hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time, which is why the bottom of the bracket says EST plus one hour. The game will be at 3:30. It's wrong on Hofstra's release (unless I'm wrong, which I could be but I did look up the time zone stuff and used a time converter online to confirm). If it truly is wrong, HU definitely needs to be notified of this so fans can know the correct time. ESPN also lists the game as being at 3:30
Polito

Post by Polito »

So far there have been a TON of upsets to start the yr - seeing a lot of equal or "lesser" mids taking down big boys...on top of what I've already noted, Western Illinois over Wisconsin, Belmont over Marquette, NJIT over USF (a team HU couldn't finish last yr), UVA goes down to GW, the list goes on...

the pressure is on HU to perform this weekend - absolutely no excuses for a poor showing will be accepted from the pre-season CAA #1 considering what we're seeing to start the season across college basketball. Lackluster effort will not work in the Paradise. It's time to show up and show out fellas, play UP to your competition, and get some good work done.

Zero moral victories this yr. HU is expected to come home with victories.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

The way the tourney is set up we win at least one of three. Win two and I'm happy. We are in by far the toughest side of the bracket. After FSU we play either DePaul or South Carolina in the second game....tough!
garyg

Post by garyg »

Anyone know when team is flying to Virgin Islands ?