MBB recruits 2017

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Captain

Re: MBB recruits 2017

Post by Captain »

Was told that we are very interested but that the kid is thinking big time programs. I am hoping that he resets his sights and sees the wisdom of HU.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Sengfelder is being recruited by Villanova Monmouth and Quinipiac
garyg

Post by garyg »

We have no chance then...Trueheart better be ready to play next season because it seems like we will not be landing that impact 4...
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

:| :cry:
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

garyg wrote:We have no chance then...Trueheart better be ready to play next season because it seems like we will not be landing that impact 4...
Have you seen the transfer list? There are more than 350 already on it, many impact 4's who can play right away...we will land one either from that list, a JC or another kid who ends up on the list...bank on it.
garyg

Post by garyg »

ok HUSID80...I will take your words and "bank on it"...now will an additional scholly be opening up for us due to a player transferring out ?? You hinted at this a few days ago..
Polito

Post by Polito »

There is PLENTY of talent out there, transfer juco and true frosh - that is not the question - the big ? is whether this staff is going to land any of it

So far to me they are 50/50 - not impressed at this point - Ray is a talent but I don't see major impact next year due to his similar game/role to JWF - so that isn't the difference to get HU to the dance next yr

Sorry but I think HU settled for 'good enough' at point when the need is 'great' - really hope they don't do the same at the 4

These last 2/3 spots filled better be SUPER. A lot of crickets out there - really feels like this staff is scrambling and struggling - if so, they have only themselves to blame - hope I am completely off base though, and they are actually making fire behind the scene with a couple of monster announcements looming...
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80 said we will land an impact 4 "bank on it", sure hope he is right!!!!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Why are we having so many problems getting commitments from quality players?
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

We haven't even gotten into the late signing period and there is a lot of sorting out with so many transfers out there...It will shake out soon.
Polito

Post by Polito »

While I agree there is of course still time, as noted, this is still not an excuse to not be landing commitments. EVERY other CAA program has done so. MOST quality mids have done so. MOST locals have done so. Nearly every relevant program at HU's level has done so.

It's simply poor form on HU's staff. And they've done at least a slightly better job before, so I don't what it is - maybe it's new closing ability issues, maybe it's laziness, dropping the ball, getting fooled on guys they thought they 'had', maybe it's no budget, or if they're having a tough time selling due to underachieving, or something else, but the bottom line is they need to do a MUCH better job, period - the last minute scramble is completely unnecessary. And I think this year it's biting them in the ass a bit.

With this location (plenty of talent in the region), excellent facilities for a mid, a good conference (something all you guys keep telling me is so important lol), and a staff with at least a quality reputation and apparently good high character guys, they should EASILY land the proper talent in a reasonable timeframe.

The clock is ticking and the expectations are high. No excuses.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

Crickets chirping....
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Silence is golden
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80...what recruits do we have a good shot at...you do NOT have to reveal your sources....you seem to be aware of stuff the rest of us are not...also you had hinted that someone off this past seasons roster would be transferring out ?
Cards

Post by Cards »

I hope we were not going hard after PF Greg Calixte (we offered a while back) - he just signed with George Mason. Actually, he does not have the skill set we need, so it really does not matter.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

garyg wrote:HUSID80...what recruits do we have a good shot at...you do NOT have to reveal your sources....you seem to be aware of stuff the rest of us are not...also you had hinted that someone off this past seasons roster would be transferring out ?
Gary, all I can tell you is that our staff is going HARD after several impact players and they know exactly what we need... also staff is very high on Wormley.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

So I guess that means the staff is no longer recruiting Goldwire.
HUSID80 wrote:
garyg wrote:HUSID80...what recruits do we have a good shot at...you do NOT have to reveal your sources....you seem to be aware of stuff the rest of us are not...also you had hinted that someone off this past seasons roster would be transferring out ?
Gary, all I can tell you is that our staff is going HARD after several impact players and they know exactly what we need... also staff is very high on Wormley.
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80 wrote:
Hope Wormley is as good as staff thinks he is
Polito

Post by Polito »

Time will tell...

All I know is 2 assists per game at Siena, and 2 assists per game at Indian Hills. Both starting roles. Hardly impressive, so they better be right on this one.

Still want to know if this is Speedy's get...

I would much rather hear the staff is uber high on Buie being fully recovered, ready to START, and the future star leader of this team.

This staff BETTER be going hard after the key needs - they have no choice at this point. They should've been going hard after these roles in the EARLY period.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Cards...what do you think of the addition of Wormley ??