MBB recruits 2017

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: MBB recruits 2017

Post by Polito »

Welcome to Dutch Nation Radovic!!!

Well, I was coming to post some insight, but seems the board has self-corrected. The CBD talk was inaccurate. This is actually a signing I am very excited about, a true stretch 4, and exactly what they needed to sign in that spot. I can't stand the last-minute nonsense and feel this staff needs to improve going forward, but this is a very strong get, and a 4 yr guy which is fantastic. Played with the top 5 Montverde prep squad that made it to the national championship game this year. Team had an embarrassment of riches, and RJ Barrett is not one of the best players, he is the #1 player in the '19 class.

Radovic has learned from one of the best prep coaches in the country, got acclimated to the states at a premier program, played with and against the very best tier 1 competition on a daily basis, and held his own whenever given the chance. Quality person, student, and plays the position very well - has very strong court vision, solid inside/out game, can drive the hoop, cut to the lane, hit the 3, make FT's, run the floor, throw it down, and defends.

Not a mid-range guy, but that is Angus's strength - feel MUCH better with JA not the sole add at the position - with JA's beefier physical play, between the two, and Trueheart, who should come out of the gate running strong with a RS year under his belt, the 4 spot is locked and loaded - THANK GOD!!!

Greer...you guys are funny. Will not see the floor at the 4 unless the team is in DIRE trouble. Actually might be interesting to use him very sporadically at the 3 to give Pemba a minute to breathe once in a while. Other than that, he will be an emergency reserve guy, which is exactly where he is best.

I am now finally comfortable and confident just about everywhere... but I am still a 'show me' guy at the 1 - need to see Wormley prove his difference-making this staff is banking on. Buie I love, just want to be sure he's 100% recovered. If those 2 can perform as required in JM's system, THEN this team will be a force. Just as last year, entire season is dependent upon the PG ability to create and dish.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

bobe13 wrote:http://www.gohofstra.com/roster.aspx?rp ... ath=mbball

Truheart had first committed to JMU . what was reason he did not play last year? I would guess grades since we could have used his talent on the court.
Trueheart was not quite ready to play...no issue with JMU or grades, just needed seasoning and the staff felt too many guys ahead of him. Hey, Charles Jenkins red-shirted for God's sake!
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Greer I think will do much better at the 3. Was out of position at the 4, and it showed. Actually has a decent shot...he is a big guard, not a fwd.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

joeg1 wrote:Greer I think will do much better at the 3. Was out of position at the 4, and it showed. Actually has a decent shot...he is a big guard, not a fwd.
Who can't handle the ball
Cards

Post by Cards »

Unless we are devastated by injury, Greer will get only a few minutes per game.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

Why was Radivic under recruited?
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80 wrote:Trueheart is in
You mentioned they may bring in a recruit that needs to sit out next year ? Where will that scholarship come from ? They have used all 13
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Like I have said the 1 is still a question mark. The other positions and depth Re fine. We will worry about 2018 later on. This team has the opportunity to make some noise next year. Just wish JAM and staff didn't wait so long to secure the impact 4
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

The PG position is fine. The staff is very high on Wormley and are excited that he can defend bigger guards, a real issue last year. I see Wormley starting and Desure coming on gradually after his injury...coming in in pressure situations, etc.
I believe we have a good team for next year with strong starters and capable back ups at every position.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

The key to next year is Gustys. We're not going anywhere if his play does not improve.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Jojogunne wrote:The key to next year is Gustys. We're not going anywhere if his play does not improve.
Amen. We need him in at the end of games, which means he needs to make at least half his FTs
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Jojogunne wrote:The key to next year is Gustys. We're not going anywhere if his play does not improve.
agreed, but PG is key too because he was much better with a guy like green that got him the ball in position to score.
Cards

Post by Cards »

cactus wrote:
agreed, but PG is key too because he was much better with a guy like green that got him the ball in position to score.
Last season, it was very obvious that JWF is capable (and actually good at it) of dishing off into and around the paint as he drew attention to himself when driving. I can only imagine that the opposition will be keyed into JWF this year as a prolific scorer. The result will be even more opportunities for JWF to dish off to our 4s and 5s around the hoop. We already know that a healthy DB can dish also.

I KW comes through as a true PG, and in his second season EP can learn to dish inside (we did not see much of it last year), then our 4s and 5s will have plenty of opportunities to recreate the Green to Gustys train.

I am expecting that our offense will be solid this year. The question is how well we have upgraded the defense (some of which I think we have done at the 1 and 4 spots, and the loss of BB) and how much emphasis JM places on D. I do like that we have a full roster and can shuffle some guys in to simply play D at 100% break-neck speed for a few minutes and then sub back out.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

joeg1 wrote:
Amen. We need him in at the end of games, which means he needs to make at least half his FTs
I said it before and will say it again he has to practice and shoot free throws UNDERHANDED. Cant be any worse but a whole lot better.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Preaching to the choir bob
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Oh it could be worse...he could be bad and look ridiculous while doing so
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

joeg1 wrote:Oh it could be worse...he could be bad and look ridiculous while doing so

Sometimes he's not even close when he shoots regular free throws and looks ridiculous anyway, so he might as well try to do them underhanded.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Only announcement made so far was for Wormsley...wonder what they are waiting for on other three ???
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

garyg wrote:Only announcement made so far was for Wormsley...wonder what they are waiting for on other three ???
Just trying to drive the Boards crazy!
garyg

Post by garyg »

Anyone been able to find the below info on Radivic ?

1] What other schools offered him ?

2] Stats [PPG and RPG ] from last year in school ?

3] Actual weight ?