MBB recruits 2017

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Re: MBB recruits 2017

Post by ProudofPride »

Wormley just committed to Hofstra. Looks like it may have been between us and Texas State.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Nice land. We have guard depth now.. We NEED a 4.. So he better land another.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

ProudofPride wrote:Wormley just committed to Hofstra. Looks like it may have been between us and Texas State.
Not a hard decision an East Coast kid to make. Let's hope for the best. Will he have to sit out a year? He played for Indian Hills this past season, so maybe not.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2016-1 ... ormley6u9e
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Jojogunne wrote:
ProudofPride wrote:Wormley just committed to Hofstra. Looks like it may have been between us and Texas State.
Not a hard decision an East Coast kid to make. Let's hope for the best. Will he have to sit out a year? He played for Indian Hills this past season, so maybe not.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2016-1 ... ormley6u9e
He did average 8.8 ppg playing only 3.4 mpg, which translate into 100+ ppg over 40 mpg. Those are pretty impressive numbers.
dutchiedoright

Post by dutchiedoright »

Those minute totals HAVE to be wrong......no ?

He got up 2 shots a minute (241 shots in 112 minutes).... ???
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Don't know much about him - but read he started a PG most of his Fr season at Siena - and although slight he is 6'4" taller then any of our PGs that I remember. Good luck to him.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

DB is slated to be our starting point guard Wormley is back up and starting insurance if DB is not 100 % healthy
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Wormley is a player. Started as a frosh at Siena, played for a big time JC....is 6-4 can play defense. I see him starting ahead of Buie at least initially as Desure works himself back into shape, etc. Now time to get some 4's and 3's and maybe another big scoring guard.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I've already said my piece on this, so:

Welcome to Dutch Nation Mr. Wormley!

Certainly an easy decision between HU and Texas St :? :roll:

I truly hope this turns out to be a major sleeper coup. Certainly good to have some size in the guard ranks, and some bench support to help backup Buie.

And FYI, the minute numbers are clearly a mistake. The entire team is listed as playing 2 or 3 minutes a game. It's an error. The reality is... see my other posts.

Losing out on Curry really hurts. Losing out on Kirk too. Apparently losing out on Goldwire with this latest commit stings. This staff is getting absolutely OWNED in this recruiting cycle. Completely unimpressed. HU is not a single step closer to the dance thus far. They better have something damn good in the hopper to fill in the last 1 or 2 spots...

That's what happens when you underachieve and fail to capitalize on the brief opportunities to establish momentum and national exposure. Recruiting the necessary talent level becomes that much harder. There is still time, but not much, and so far, this has been one big yawn / disappointing offseason.

I'm starting to think the assistants on this staff need some adjustment. JM is already on the clock coming up to year 5, his staff should equally be on the hook. Maybe an upgrade needs to be made now in that department (?)

Something really needs to change here. Time is running out on this version. Year 5. TICK ... TOCK
Polito

Post by Polito »

And HUSID, if Wormley starts over Buie then this program is in big trouble IMO. Scary thought to me.

Maybe you know something I don't here, and I PRAY you do, but to me these two are not the same talent level. Wormley is a nice addition to backup Buie in an emergency - solid bench support. From what I see he is nowhere near CAA-starting level talent that can lead HU to the dance. Let's not forget, Buie plays strong D and lead an elite program to the national championship, averaging 8 assists a game. He is a true point stud.

HU needs difference-makers at the 1 and 4. Period. Nothing less. Yes, not every player can start, but those two positions are THE most important for HU to secure IMPACT players. 2 out of the 4 ships MUST be that. I just don't see that here.

HU needs an all-CAA level point who can CREATE. A true floor general that can lead HU to the DANCE. Do you see that here? Can you point me to any proof at any of his stops (hs, siena, juco) of him creating at that level? Starting doesn't = creating. From what I see, his starting impact has been minimal. Where's the 'beef'??

Seriously, if this is HU's answer, and/or he has to play over BUIE, then either this program is in much worse shape than we realize and we should prepare for another disappointing season, or HU's staff is much worse than we realize and we should prepare for lackluster seasons until new staff is brought in to correct.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

I 110% agree with this statement,.

"For Now" Very Disappointing Start to important recruiting year.
Polito wrote:Losing out on Curry really hurts. Losing out on Kirk too. Apparently losing out on Goldwire with this latest commit stings. This staff is getting absolutely OWNED in this recruiting cycle. Completely unimpressed. HU is not a single step closer to the dance thus far. They better have something damn good in the hopper to fill in the last 1 or 2 spots...
garyg

Post by garyg »

Does not appear many other schools had any interest in Wormley ...WHY??? and that sort of sticks out like a red flag.... Does anyone know for sure what schools in addition to Siena recruited Wormley out of HS ??
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

Gary, just maybe recruits don't want to come to Hofstra, and not due to coaching staff.

I am so very frustrated so far in the recruiting.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

According to Verbal Commits he was recruited by Winthrop, FGCU, Norfolk St and Texas St....Texas St. is not a slouch, Sun Belt program...I see us landing at LEAST one 4, probably a one and done senior transfer eligible immediately and a 3, probably a JUCO.
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

Your wishful thinking, or you have some sources?

HUSID80 wrote:According to Verbal Commits he was recruited by Winthrop, FGCU, Norfolk St and Texas St....Texas St. is not a slouch, Sun Belt program...I see us landing at LEAST one 4, probably a one and done senior transfer eligible immediately and a 3, probably a JUCO.
garyg

Post by garyg »

DC Dutch--I said nothing about coaching staff in most recent post

HUSID80--we only have two scholarships left now, your post seems to imply we have more then two...
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

My bad Gary.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Ya never know
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80....Based on your most recent post it sounds like you may know something we don't know....LOL....alright, who is transferring out?? Walker ???
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Has anyone seen Wormley play at Siena? Curious to see if he is a good fit for our offense, his numbers aren't bad for a true freshman.

We needed PG depth, so I like the commitment. I really wanted Goldwire, but that looks like it's out the window. Ultimately if Wormley can play defense, we need him badly.

Let's finish out this class with a few forwards!!