Rokas Gustys

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
bobe13

Rokas Gustys

Post by bobe13 »

Curious-does anyone have any info on his status> He seems to be walking ok-could he be out of games for other reasons? http://flyingdutchmenfans.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=2#
Cards

Re: Rokas Gustys

Post by Cards »

on one of the other threads someone seemed to imply he might be back for the CCSU game. I hope its true.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

The other poster is me. We were told by one of the assistant coaches at the chalk talk before the LaSalle game that Rokas has been working out with the team and is close to being ready. The assistant went on to say that they would like to get him in a game BEFORE CAA play begins so they are shooting for New Year's Eve against CCSU.

I've heard nothing to the contrary since then.
doug

Post by doug »

I was in the Pride Lounge before the La Salle game and can confirm that what HUSID80 writes is true.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Good news for sure

But Kone best step it up regardless
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Spoke to Rokas after the game and he said he will ply against CCSU.
Cards

Post by Cards »

HUSID80 - what are the details of the "chalk talk". pride club members only? typically what time? who conducts it and how many peolple are there? Thanks
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

You need to be a Pride Club member, I'm not sure at what level but it might be $500.

You then receive Pride Lounge passes with your season tickets which gives you access to the Pride Lounge before games and at halftime.

Pre-game an assistant coach comes to the Lounge approx 30 minutes prior to game time and gives a "chalk talk" previewing the game, Hofstra's game plan, etc. they also answer questions from those attending.

In addition, food and drinks are available...adds to the game experience.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Thanks Husid80
Polito

Post by Polito »

he looked good to me on the bench - no wraps/braces/etc, walking around just fine - I think he's ready to go, and just in the nick of time
Wags

Post by Wags »

Coach sounded optimistic on Rokas yesterday. If he provides anything at all for the D to worry about in the post, imagine how more of a threat Tanskley, Bernardi and other perimeter shooters will become, than they already have been this season. Might spell huge trouble for the rest of the CAA in trying to defend HU as conference play starts in a few days. Lots to be excited about right now.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Our center position is a trio of players who bring different things to the court. Kone is the senior who has experience and on a good night can give you 10 points and 8 boards with a block or two. Gustys is a rebounding machine. He alsohas the body to keep opponents off ther offensive glass. He is not a shot blocker and still is working on his offensive game. Has good hands. Walker is a shot blocker. Thin frame is a liability against heavier centers. work i nprogress on offense.