Coach Mihalich

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Coach Mihalich

Post by ProudofPride »

Announced today by Hofstra, JAM is taking a temporary medical leave of absence. Lets hope everything is ok.
Mike Farrelly taking over in the meantime. The team is in good hands.

https://gohofstra.com/news/2020/8/26/me ... ities.aspx
The Shadow

Re: Coach Mihalich

Post by The Shadow »

I wish Coach Joe a quick recovery. Good luck to Coach Farrelly
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

All the best coach. Cant wait to get you back on the court. Speedy recovery.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Wow that's some shocker does anyone know what happened to Joe? Hope it's nothing serious and that he's back soon at the helm.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Certainly is a shocker!!!! We were supposed to have dinner together last night. Did not hear from Joe over the weekend, totally unlike him so I was worried. Then heard from Bryan Graff tuesday night that Joe would not be making our date.
Sounds like whatever it is came on suddenly...prayers to Joe and his family for a speedy recovery.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Get Well Joe Im sure he is getting the best of care
Polito

Post by Polito »

Agh, def don’t like the sound of that, lots of prayers for a speedy recovery to great health CJM
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Get well soon, Coach!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

All the Best Coach!
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

COVID -19 ?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

joeg1 wrote:COVID -19 ?

I would take COVID-19 right now! Unfortunately think it's something more serious given the lack of information and the fact that Mike Farrelly was appointed Acting Head Coach....

Pray I'm wrong though.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID74 wrote:
joeg1 wrote:COVID -19 ?

I would take COVID-19 right now! Unfortunately think it's something more serious given the lack of information and the fact that Mike Farrelly was appointed Acting Head Coach....

Pray I'm wrong though.
First and foremost - prayers to JAM and family.
Agree - with HUSID74 - my guess is the same as yours - probably more serious the COVID19.
Again - thoughts and prayers.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Eagle, where did you hear this news? You know Hofstra has been awfully quiet on this, I believe based on the family's wishes.
Last edited by HUSID74 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Thanks Eagle, was just coming on to check if anyone had any updates.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID74 wrote:Eagle, where did you hear this news? You know Hofstra has been awfully quiet on this, I beleive based on the family's wishes.
For sure - and also HIPPA - The Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA) provides security provisions and data privacy, in order to keep patients' medical information safe.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Eagle wrote:I am not trying to be coy but heard this via a good friend and pray that it is true.
I've know JAM since his time at NU and he is a great guy with a great family.
Well we all wish him godspeed and now we know we're only a few months away so we hope that he's back at the helm health permitting!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Have heard absolutely nothing. You would think that the school would issue some form of update, hopefully good news...wonder how the uncertainty is impacting the team, especially with the NCAA now saying that play can begin Nov 25....any thoughts?
Cards

Post by Cards »

Well I do think it may have an impact on recruiting commitments. Our recruiting has been good for the past few years - and of course Joe is a big part of that.

2021 recruiting - Other than UD (which has 6 open spots to fill), most of the CAA teams have either 1 or no spots left to fill. HU has 4 open spots and no current commits.

I know that HU recruiting history does not always show an abundance of early commits, but I would imagine Joe's absence has some effect on someone thinking of committing.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Def praying for speedy recovery from whatever is going on... would be amazing to have him back to start the season. Feel good about the team and staff to fill in if necessary.

On the recruiting front I would say COVID is having large impact - betting a lot will be different, timing will be abnormal, and the signing periods likely adjusted. HU in particular really thrives on in-person visits where they can showcase who they really are and what they're all about - very tough right now w/out that element in play. Prob the same for most if not all mids and G5's - only the big time P5's can reel in w/out stepping foot on campus :)

But another big season, championship, and true NCAAT berth would negate much of that challenge - got a shot, need to show last yr was no fluke.

Anyhoo, JM's health is most important, so best wishes his way.