MBB recruits 2015

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: MBB recruits 2015

Post by Cards »

new to board. Looking forward to the season......sending in my season ticket check this week.

Elijah Cain 2015 SF (we offered) verbally committed to Delaware. Based on "verbal committment" website, sure looks like recruiting verbals/signings are a liitle slow this summer and early fall. Hope JAM has some other irons in the fire than what is shown on that website.

Looks like a great get would be Rawle Alkins 2016 SG from Christ the King. If I'm not mistaken, isnt that Speedy's school. Maybe that buys us something, but then again, I though it would help with Delarosa and he went to St Johns. I still think we are better off with Gustys and Walker...actaully glad we did not get Delarosa.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

welcome cards
alkins would be a great get...but i'd have been happy delarosa too, they only have 3 bigs this year.
Cards

Post by Cards »

three bigs are better than the two we had last year (I don't count Payen as a big). Your'e right though catus, another big JUCO would have been nice. Another big freshman I think would put to many bigs in the same class which might present some problems with playing time and/or all graduating at the same time.

With Djambo next year, this years two freshman, and hopefully an new 2015 commit, we will have 4 next year. At that point, JAM can go for one big per year to keep the class distribution balanced. Of course all that can go out the window with an unexpected top level recruit or transfer.
Polito

Post by Polito »

with the zone down all summer, I've been trying to follow recruiting a bit to keep myself occupied

Cain is a good get for UD, talented player

Alkins wouldn't just be a great get, this kid is a HIGH major player, one of the best in nation - he would be a game-changer / franchise-type player for HU - if JM and Speedy can land that young man, he would be the auto heir to Green, and a step above - but with the likes of Cincy, Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, Nova, etc in the mix, it will be a monster mountain to climb

HU is in it for some very high end guys - two sided coin, like to see us go as high as possible, but have to expect a tougher / longer process to land the deal

seeing some mids pick up commitments now, so would like to see JM and crew get theirs started - but also don't want any rush decisions just to get on the board, want to see the right fits and needs filled - trusting in this staff, I believe they can get things done the right way

and if they have the kind of yr I think they can, or at the very least a solid winning one, it will help tremendously - it's the only thing missing at this point
doug

Post by doug »

I like most on here would love to hear about a commitment or two. That somehow makes us feel better. I guess it offers some kind of proof that something is happening. I also believe in coach Mahalich and his staff. Something is happening out there, we just have to remind ourselves to be patient. Coach M has said it often - he is not going to settle. I like that approach.

But come on coach, let's get a commitment!!!!!!!

Just kidding

I think
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Saw JAM at the Pride Club golf outing and he said no signings yet but they were hosting several recruits this weekend probably to take advantage of the Fall Festival...Does anyone know who will be on campus? He intimated that one or two might sign.
Polito

Post by Polito »

ah, very good to hear HUSID, thanks for the tip - I think HU is due for a signing or two at this point, recruiting and commits are in full swing across the country, from majors to mids

very curious who's visiting!! I'm thinking a SG will be in the first round of commits - just a guess...

didn't we have someone providing great email insight directly from JM himself on a somewhat regular basis?! This board is too quiet, where are all you guys?! If this is 'our' board for the moment so to speak, let's get some consistent chatter going!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Agreed Polito way too quiet. Think it was GaryG who posted a lot about recruits. Let's get some on-campus sleuths who can find out who's visiting!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We're in Justin Wright-Foreman's top 6, according to his twitter. https://twitter.com/JayWright_13/status ... 4814607360
Polito

Post by Polito »

good stuff, talented player, athletic from what I've read - 6'1, so I would also like to see a bigger sized guard, 6'4 range

believe HU is 'in it' for about 3-4 SG types - and pretty talented from what I can gather - kind of why I'm thinking that spot may be the first shoe to drop...

also following the PG spot, definite need there in the future as well - Buie would be great for this class, and HU has offered some real talent for 2016 as well
Polito

Post by Polito »

too quite people!! let's get some updates, any new info, any new insights or hints out there??

anyone know when the staff feels the first commit will occur? I'm still thinking SG is the first, with PG and a big man to follow...
doug

Post by doug »

Hofstra lands its first 2015 recruit, Justin Foreman-Wright.
Big time scoring guard.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

doug wrote:Hofstra lands its first 2015 recruit, Justin Foreman-Wright.
Big time scoring guard.
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Justin Wright-Foreman committed to Hofstra a little while ago. Dropped 48 against Ohio Basketball Club in Vegas this summer.
https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status ... 2998344705

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
Hofstra has landed HS of Construction guard Justin-Wright Foreman. Talented guard. Nice pickup for Pride.
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/sta ... 4286249984

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
Justin Wright-Foreman, Hofstra fans, is a 6-2 combo guard. Had a huge July. Emerging talent.
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/sta ... 2471195648
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Awesome news! The dam has broken. I'm excited about this program and the future!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

He's listed as the ninth best prospect in New York State according to ESPN...Nice!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

This is the guy we hope will replace Juan ya Green when he graduates Hofstra.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

What do we do if all of guys we offered accept? LOL By the way if we start out season strong I would expect more signings.
Cards

Post by Cards »

looks like a nice pick-up. Here is some tape of him in a game last January. I assume he is #13 (white jersey) He appearrs to be very athletic which is consistent with some of the other comments. Lefty shooter, good leaper (tape shows elbow to the rim dunk). Second video shows him in a dunking contest - pretty impressive for what I would call a smaller guy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sci-V4JlAZU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygAXT__XL4o
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Polito

Post by Polito »

YES!!!

This is a GREAT get, 3 star player, still fairly underrated/under radar - can and will be coached up, HUGE upside - just now starting to really shine, and should have a big sr yr - former CTK guy, will be the go-to for Construction (was last yr too) - will also play in the Philly vs NYC all-star game - this is actually the player I was thinking was going to be the first commit 8-)

I'm watching Buie and Dimencio Vaughn closely as well... Hoping this first commit helps attract them - REALLY want Buie, and Vaughn is a Jenkins mold

JM and staff, excellent work, keep it coming!