Buie Made the Lou Henson All-America Team

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Buie Made the Lou Henson All-America Team

Post by EvanJ »

Nathan Knight won the Lou Henson Player of the Year for mid-majors, with Buie and Grant Riller the other CAA players honored. The team has 40 players, and 238 teams are eligible. http://www.louhenson.com/ has the list.
triplec2195

Re: Buie Made the Lou Henson All-America Team

Post by triplec2195 »

Awesome award for Knight and congrats to Buie and all the others.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

Daly Dose of Hoops lists all the Met Basketball Team for 2020. All 5 of the starters made teams: Desure and Eli on the 1st, Isaac on the 3rd, and Jalen and Tareq on the HM list. So that is 5 of the 22 players listed! That is quite an accomplishment! I wonder if there has ever been that number of players from one college? Myles Powell of SHU was the Haggerty winner, with Desure under consideration. Steve Pikiell of Rutgers won Coach of the year with Coach Joe under consideration.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Good stuff, all well deserved!!

And can't argue SP at Rutgers, since 1991!! Ouch for them too on no dance...
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Awesome recognition for the players and this program. Maybe some locals will wake up and look at Hofstra as a legitimate college destination.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

Looks like my earlier post citing the Daly Dose of Hoops website contained some errors in the All-Met teams for 2020. According to the GoHofstra website Met Basketball Writers link, IK was not listed on the 3rd all met team, and there was no listing for any honorable mentions for TC or JR. I apologize to all the readers of Flying Dutchmen Fans for my passing along the misinformation.