2020 Men's Lacrosse

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraPride1

Re: 2020 Men's Lacrosse

Post by HofstraPride1 »

The Shadow wrote:According to FanLax, Defenseman Eric Wenz has transferred to Ohio State.
Tough loss. Was hoping he would return here for his grad year, but I wish him the best in Columbus.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Admittedly I know very little about Lacrosse I mean nothing but was looking at Newsday this morning and they had posted the top 100 lacrosse players on L.I. and I didn't see not one kid as I perused thru the kids who had committed to HU although I saw quite a few kids who had committed to SBU. I don't know what the feeling is with some of you that know Lacrosse about losing a lot of these kids to other programs even to the Stony Brooks and St Johns.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To triplec2195, On Inside Lacrosse, there are lists of recruits by colleges. HU has 15 recruits listed for 2021, including 4 from LI. I am not sure why these LI athletes were not selected for the Newsday 100 list. There is always the chance of picking up transfers in the portal.
Last edited by The Shadow on Mon May 11, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

LIU and SUNY-SB are both cheaper than Hofstra. Plus many LI players want to to go away. So Hofstra looks for players who want to come to NY.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Just a quick count of the roster 26 out of 46 players are from Long Island that's more then half of the roster so LI definitely being represented in a big way but that doesn't mean we're getting the best players from LI. Thank god we got Ryan Tierney he's been a heck of a player and coming back for another year.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

As Jojogunne points out, Stony Brook is way cheaper than Hofstra and lax players are usually only on partial scholarships not mention Stony Brook's rising academic profile. We've lost some of our better LI recruiters as well such as Joe Amplo who are now recruiting against us. I do hope that Hofstra can reconnect with its recruiting roots but for all the reasons stated that has become much more of a challenge.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Lacrosse only has 12.6 scholarships for 40+ players. If you don't qualify for academic money or loans, it can be an expensive sport to play no matter where you go.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Jojogunne wrote:Lacrosse only has 12.6 scholarships for 40+ players. If you don't qualify for academic money or loans, it can be an expensive sport to play no matter where you go.
This is a very good point I didn't know that all these kids weren't given scholarships not knowing much about lacrosse. Thanks for the info.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

According to FanLax, Nick Williams (attack) has entered the transfer portal. So far, no news on any players announcing that they are transferring to HU.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

Frankly concerned about the rate of pending transfers. Not sure if its the current situation or something deeper with the program.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

The Shadow wrote:According to FanLax, Nick Williams (attack) has entered the transfer portal. So far, no news on any players announcing that they are transferring to HU.
Colorado kid. Didn't play much this year. I wish him good luck.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Mikey77 wrote:Frankly concerned about the rate of pending transfers. Not sure if its the current situation or something deeper with the program.
Not to worry. Lots of players everywhere are going into the transfer portal.

From http://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=420

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by AreaLax » Thu May 07, 2020 11:32 am
Updated list first tabulated by HopFan16

Albany - Davis Diamond (attack/midfield), Isaiah Skidders (attack), Teioshontathe McComber (attack)
Bellarmine - Morgan Macko (attack)
Boston University - Max Tetreault (FOGO)
Bryant - David DeMartino (defense)
Brown - Ryan Finlay (defense)
Bucknell - Will Yorke (attack), Connor Shears (defense), Hunter Newman (LSM), Grayson Burns (attack), Matt Fedorjaka (midfield)
Canisius - Cade Talbert (goalie)
Colgate - Griffin Brown (attack/midfield) —> Maryland, Nicky Petkevich (attack), Parker Baddley (LSM), John Donahue (defense), Cooper Belanger (midfield), Jesse Rosenblatt (attack)
Furman - Luke Majick (midfield), Alec van de Bovenkamp (goalie), Luke Muter (defense)
Hartford - Cullin Walsh (goalie)
Harvard - Myles Hamm (attack), Beau Botkiss (defense), Austin Madronic (attack), Nigel Andrews (midfield)
Hobart - Sam Lucchesi (goalie), PJ Delpha (defense), Eric Holden (attack)—>Maryland, Justin Scott (A/M)
Hampton - Ian Groom(FO)
Hofstra - Whit Stopak (attack), Ryan Kinnard (midfield), Eric Wenz (defense)—>OSU, Nick Williams (attack)
Holy Cross - Justin Lynskey (attack), Sean Mullaney (midfield), Dan O'Connell(FO)
Hopkins - Jack Rapine (defense), Alex Gainey (goalie), Cole Williams (attack), Alex Concannon (midfield)
Lafayette - Beaudan Szuluk (defense)
Maryland - Dylan Pallonetti (attack/midfield), Jack DeSantis (defense)—>OSU
Merrimack - Davis Cronin (FOGO), Charlie Bertrand (attack)
Michigan - Matt Trowbridge (goalie), Finn Goonan (LSM)
Mount St. Mary's - Evan Falkowski (midfield)
Notre Dame - Charles Leonard (FOGO), Michael Farnish (Defense)
Ohio State - Josh Kirson (goalie), Christian Tomei (goalie) —>Jacksonville
Penn - Kyle Gallagher (FOGO), Kyle Thornton (defense)
Penn State - Collin Almeida (Midfield), Brad Santore (Midfield)
Princeton - Michael Sowers (attack)—>Duke, Connor McCarthy (midfield), Phil Robertson (attack)
Providence - Sean Lahey (attack)
Richmond - Mick Burden (FO)
Robert Morris - Austin Popovich (midfield)
Rutger - Demetrius Stevenson (Midfield) —> Delaware; Zach Groff (goalie)
St. Bonaventure - John Kilcommons(attack)
St. John’s - Kyle McBride(LSM)
St. Joseph's - Mike Adler (goalie)
Syracuse - Jared Fernandez (LSM), Jacob Nelson (attack), Sean Donnelly(attack), Luke Strang (goalie), Andrew Kim (midfield), Justin Kim (midfield)
UMass - Matt Baugher (attack), Jack Geiger (Midfield)
UMass Lowell - Matt Murakami (goalie)
UMBC - Steven Cornwell (LSM)
Utah - Mac Costin (midfield), Liam Donnelly (goalie) —> Albany, Jimmy Perkins (A/M), Nick Hapney (defense)
Virginia - Xander Dickson (attack)
Vermont - Drew Lenkaitis (attack), Ben French (attack)
Wagner - Jake Garb (attack)
Yale - BJ Burlace (defense)—>MARYLAND; Jackson Morrill (attack)—>Denver, Lucas Cotler (midfield)—> Denver, Brian Ward (LSM)

Not many LIers on the list.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I don't recall anyone mentioning this- this is the newly renovated locker room for men's lacrosse. https://gohofstra.com/news/2020/1/17/me ... -room.aspx

It's definitely not the facilities that should be keeping anyone from coming to Hofstra.

To compare, here is Duke's https://youtu.be/ZZmimJDBxLo?t=513
Syracuse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQxaIZxGxUM
Towson https://youtu.be/g2CJSlKvvh8?t=42
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

HofstraHockey wrote:I don't recall anyone mentioning this- this is the newly renovated locker room for men's lacrosse. https://gohofstra.com/news/2020/1/17/me ... -room.aspx

It's definitely not the facilities that should be keeping anyone from coming to Hofstra.

To compare, here is Duke's https://youtu.be/ZZmimJDBxLo?t=513
Syracuse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQxaIZxGxUM
Towson https://youtu.be/g2CJSlKvvh8?t=42
We are blessed to have a generous donor like Jim Metzger. Hopefully his business isn't suffering too bad amid COVID-10
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

One locker room is futuristic the others look like they are from the 1980s
Polito

Post by Polito »

THIS is exactly what I love to see, great job by the admin and program! All in on hoops and lax, keep pumping them w/money pls.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

Coach Tierney on the GoHofstra website Tuesday, May 12th at 6:00pm.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Was unable to check out, and I def would've liked to...

Anything interesting come out from it?
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To Polito, It is archived on the GoHofstra site. Most interesting to me was the discussion of the Team USA coaching staff and who is the best Tierney.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Transfer in from Hopkins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.