MBB Recruits 2020

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraMathew

Re: MBB Recruits 2020

Post by HofstraMathew »

I know we all want the coaching staff to lock down players in the early signing period but does anyone feel like with only 3 scholarships available the coaching staff might not push as hard for an early signer unless its a player that will definitely be a significant contributor for us? Based on my memory the players we have had that have signed in the fall are JR, EP, JWF, DB and then Cramer this past year; so definitely the cream of the crop in the early signing period anyway.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Cards wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:I'll take this kid in a heartbeat! Reminds me of Pemberton in HS. Great hops and looks like he can shoot.
Agree HUSID. When I posted the video EP came to my mind also.
I also like that he is at Oak Hill. Reminds me of the situation that Rok was in. Not one of thier top tier guys (who all go on to P5s anyway), but rather a talented guy who might actually choose playing time at a mid rather than sitting at a P5. We shall see.
Ditto - thought Eli as soon as saw it. Speaking of Eli - I am counting on him to have a big and consistent year.
garyg

Post by garyg »

According to NCAA recruiting calendar recruiting period begins September 9th which means members of athletic staff may make off-campus visits and contacts with recruits

Other then what we see on VC does anyone have any inside info on talented players that we realistically have a chance to sign ?? SID, we are counting on you...lol
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Crickets as far as I know right now...been very quiet...hope things pick up now that Labor Day/Summer is done!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We just landed 6'3'' guard Zion Bethea
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

ProudofPride wrote:We just landed 6'3'' guard Zion Bethea
Nice find Proud of Pride. This is a solid recruit for us he's a 3 star guard out of N.J. and ranked 11th in the state with a grade of 77. This is from ESPN ranked 11 Zion Bethea SG Wayne, NJ DePaul Catholic High School 6'1''. That's a higher scout grade then Justin when he came out of H.S. Looks like a real fundamentally solid player. He's listed as a SG but probably a CG.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

ProudofPride wrote:We just landed 6'3'' guard Zion Bethea
Looks like he had some big time offers. I’ll leave the analysis to other posters but glad to see we signed one early. Now to sign a big.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Great find POP...looks like a real solid pickup for Pride...have to be impressed by schools recruiting Bethea...as Mathew said let's land a big guy now...
Cards

Post by Cards »

This is a very good pickup. Bethea has played against high level competition and performed very well. Physical player at 6'3" and around 200 lbs. Had offers from Penn State, Minnesota, UMass, and even had interest from schools like Villanova. Could be a real impact player over his 4 years at HU.

Good job JM, Speedy, and coaches.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Cards wrote:This is a very good pickup. Bethea has played against high level competition and performed very well. Physical player at 6'3" and around 200 lbs. Had offers from Penn State, Minnesota, UMass, and even had interest from schools like Villanova. Could be a real impact player over his 4 years at HU.

Good job JM, Speedy, and coaches.
Zion Bethea, Montclair Immaculate
6-3
Guard
Status: Uncommitted, with offers from Massachusetts, Minnesota, Penn State, St. Joe's
The shooting guard averaged 14.1 points per game as Montclair Immaculate went 20-10 last season. He can score in transition and is a threat from a few feet beyond the 3-point arc.

Zion Bethea (2020, Montclair NJ): This kid has crazy athleticism. Tonight in one of our full court games he showcased his jumping ability. That's not all there is to him. He also has a great jump shot and when he is not dunking, can use his athletic ability to be crafty and finish at the rim.

5. Zion Bethea, CG, DePaul Catholic: Bethea turned in a big weekend at NJ Playaz Spring Fling, solidifying himself as one of the top freshmen in the state in the process. Playing up in 16U, he showcased his ability to get to the rim and draw fouls, as well as knocking down a number of big shots. Look for him to continue to prove that he is one of the best guards not only in the state, but nationally as well.
Zion Bethea, 2020 CG, NJ Playaz: Playing up with 16U this weekend, Bethea made it clear that he is one of the top freshmen in the state of New Jersey. More of a scorer than distributor at this point, Bethea got into the lane and either scored or drew fouls. He is also a decent shooter who can put points up in bunches when given the opportunity. At 6-foot-3, 180 pounds, he has the size to play either guard position.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

He looks like #22.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Looks like his brother is a starter on the JMU football team
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Is he signed or just committed ?
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

ToZMAN3, I believe the fall 2019 signing period for basketball is Wednesday, November 13th to Wednesday, November 20th. The spring period then starts again on Wednesday, April 15th, 2020. Until the NLI is signed, players can and often change their college choice.
garyg

Post by garyg »

To us fans the Zion Bethea verbal came out of nowhere...love to see us get another verbal early...anyone have any info ???
garyg

Post by garyg »

Bethea appears to be a nice early surprise for us but does anyone have any info on other recruits ? Now is a very busy time for recruit visits...Captain, your contact has provided some very good info in the past
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2rnmC5FxPq ... m4wbxj2w3y

Had an official visit and Caleb burgess shared it on Instagram and commented “you know what to do”.
Cards

Post by Cards »

HofstraMathew wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B2rnmC5FxPq ... m4wbxj2w3y

Had an official visit and Caleb burgess shared it on Instagram and commented “you know what to do”.
I don't understand... Is that a picture of Burgess? Did we get another commit? Is that Zion B?
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Cards wrote:
HofstraMathew wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B2rnmC5FxPq ... m4wbxj2w3y

I don't understand... Is that a picture of Burgess? Did we get another commit? Is that Zion B?
It’s a guy on his official visit. His caption says no commitment yet. His name is Jamari harvey
Captain

Post by Captain »

Caleb Burgess came from Moravian prep as does the 6'5" shooting guard Harvey. You will also see a 2020 center from Moravian has been offered by Hofstra as well. This prep school has become a big time national prep school powerhouse in the last few years. Keep up the great recruiting Caleb!