MBB Recruits 2020

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Mikey77

Re: MBB Recruits 2020

Post by Mikey77 »

No doubt if ST can grow and have the senior year we've gotten out of many if not most of the recent seniors that would be huge plus. He's a bit of a question mark for this year along with the new guys.
Polito

Re: MBB Recruits 2020

Post by Polito »

I am a big fan of Farrelly, really good dude, solid coach, huge asset to the program, and has a great family. So I mean this with much respect - I do not see him landing a (meaningful) gig after this season UNLESS HU repeats - if they do, then yes this year plus this next would be enough cred and hype to get him something worthwhile...

If HU does not repeat, he has only just now started to get recognized beyond Hempstead - it takes more foundation to get a HC gig that matters - he's close, but not over the hump yet - more proof in the pudding beyond a 1 yr deal - and no one cares about HU's "almosts" except us - that's not enough - they got the job done once - showed a real D once. And they unfortunately didn't even get to showcase on the national stage.

He needs a bit more, unless being a HC at a Juco, D2, etc. excites him - I think in 2 yrs with continued HU prominence (<-requirement) he'll be ready to rock and will multiple sound opps to choose from.

Great point on the PG spot - and I do not see TC nor JR taking that 'over' per say, that's up to Cowart - this entire system depends 100% on top PG play - he needs to fill some huge shoes these next 2 seasons.

As far as ST, his issue is ST - a combo of consistency (skill development), and not playing the way his talent, frame, and team/system need him to. Needs to embrace his role and play up to the level required on a consistent basis.