MBB Recruits 2020

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
cactus
Site Admin

Re: MBB Recruits 2020

Post by cactus »

Jojogunne wrote:
cactus wrote:
triplec2195 wrote: Curious where u got that info. Cactus re Miranda I don't see it on V/C which I guess is no surprise. The WAC is ranked 27 out of 32 conferences but Cal Baptist had a decent year finishing in 2nd place and an overall record of 21-10. New Mexico State was the cream of the crop here finishing 25-6 and 16-0 in the conference. I wonder how much playing time he will get there?
https://twitter.com/BarstoolCBU/status/ ... 50917?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I just came across this 2019 FIBA highlight video of Miranda. Is this the same player who languished on our bench this past season? He certainly plays better here than I ever saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VAk3j_WW2s
Miranda certainly looked capable in limited minutes on the court. He just might end up being a good player but word on the street was that there were some language/communication issues. Wish him luck at his new school.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Hofstra wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:
Hofstra wrote:His former CTK teammate just reclassified. Wast the #8 recruit for class of 2021. Moussa Cisse said he is going to announce next week where he is going.
I had never heard of this kid but admittedly I don't watch a lot of H.S. basketball starting to get more involved. If we were to get a kid like this as a freshman we could be a top 20-25 team down the road. This kid looks like the real deal but that's just Hempstead Dreaming thinking we could get a caliber recruit like this kid. So did this kid Smith in fact get our last scholarship??
I dont think he is coming to Hofstra, was just throwing it out there. Mac Maclung is announcing his transfer school today as well. We didnt make the top 8
Looks like he land at Texas Tech
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... ow-july-31 with the dead period extended for quite a while, I wouldn't expect to hear much on the recruitment front for a while.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HofstraHockey wrote:https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... ow-july-31 with the dead period extended for quite a while, I wouldn't expect to hear much on the recruitment front for a while.
Do the same dead periods apply to transfers? What about 2020 HS seniors who already graduate? I assume yes but it just feels like you are punishing these athletes that need to find a place to go to school in August/September.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Just happened to see from tape of Jordan Riley (we already offered) - local kid out of Brentwood.

Absolute stud. I'm sure the P5s will be out in full force next year to land this kid, but wouldn't it be nice to see a real local kid at HU - maybe even helping to generate some buzz with the local fanbase. I can dream, can't I?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jo ... M%3DVDVVXX
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Cards wrote:Just happened to see from tape of Jordan Riley (we already offered) - local kid out of Brentwood.

Absolute stud. I'm sure the P5s will be out in full force next year to land this kid, but wouldn't it be nice to see a real local kid at HU - maybe even helping to generate some buzz with the local fanbase. I can dream, can't I?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jo ... M%3DVDVVXX
Yes this is nice on our wish list. Riley as a junior was the Suffolk County player of the year and probably would have been the Long Island player of the year if it wasn't for a kid named Andre Curbelo. He's already being courted by the BIG BOYS GEORGETOWN, Kansas State, Pittsburg on and on......... V/C has him listed a s a 3 star recruit but that rating is dated. He'll be a 4 star recruit before he's done. Yes Cards it's a nice dream unfortunately we will eventually wake up!!
Polito

Post by Polito »

No shot at Riley - P5 bound. And this staff has had next to zero traction with high quality local talent for some reason. The CTK kid is the first in awhile, and the quality level with him is very much TBD.

As far as Miranda: 1) I would agree the language barrier seems a likely impact to his time at HU, 2) perhaps a change in scenery sparks life that we haven't seen (I'm highly skeptical), 3) my bet is the competition seen in that video is ... poor.

Not a bad ball player at all, just don't see significant D1 impact (and def not P5) - backup, practice player for sure. Will be shocked if he sees much of the floor at a place like TT. But hey never know.
richs

Post by richs »

Hi, My wife and I have been HU basketball fans for may years. This past season we went for season tickets and are glad we did. What a great season. I haven't posted anything on this forum for a few years but enjoy reading the various postings on a variety of topics. Was just wondering if someone could post a list of who will be on the team for next season (as of now). Beside the graduates leaving I believe a couple of players might have transferred out and I know we signed a few new players. I would appreciate if some one could provide a list of who is on the team as of now. Thanks
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

richs wrote:Hi, My wife and I have been HU basketball fans for may years. This past season we went for season tickets and are glad we did. What a great season. I haven't posted anything on this forum for a few years but enjoy reading the various postings on a variety of topics. Was just wondering if someone could post a list of who will be on the team for next season (as of now). Beside the graduates leaving I believe a couple of players might have transferred out and I know we signed a few new players. I would appreciate if some one could provide a list of who is on the team as of now. Thanks
Nice to have more fans on board richs check out verbal commits this has all our players except for a kid we recently recruited from Christ The King Lovell Smith. http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/hofstra
richs

Post by richs »

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

richs wrote:Thanks for the link. I will check it out.
No problem. U welcome.
Captain

Post by Captain »

From my reliable source...we have 12 scholly players and one walk on.
As Scholly available for a stud.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Captain wrote:From my reliable source...we have 12 scholly players and one walk on.
As Scholly available for a stud.
Could you translate that please. Does that mean that the kid from CTK is a walk-on. We already had Carl Gibson JR here as a walk on and I know someone mentioned that he left the team. So is that the case that Smith replaces Gibson Jr as the only walk on now? I do in fact like the idea that we do have a scholarship available for the right type of player.
Captain

Post by Captain »

The walk on is not Smith. Don't believe Smith is confirmed. Everybody else for now is still here (Trueheart,Silverio etal)The 12 players you see on verbal commits and a new walk on. Gibson is gone I am told.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Captain do you know who the new walk-on is??
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Captain wrote:The walk on is not Smith. Don't believe Smith is confirmed. Everybody else for now is still here (Trueheart,Silverio etal)The 12 players you see on verbal commits and a new walk on. Gibson is gone I am told.
Maybe Smith will be a good player, but I don't want to watch another player wearing # 3 again this year.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:
Captain wrote:The walk on is not Smith. Don't believe Smith is confirmed. Everybody else for now is still here (Trueheart,Silverio etal)The 12 players you see on verbal commits and a new walk on. Gibson is gone I am told.
Maybe Smith will be a good player, but I don't want to watch another player wearing # 3 again this year.
I still think wearing the #3 is disrespectful and it should be retired however maybe it's symbolic of a star in the making, good luck if you will. That although didn't work for Miranda after he wore it!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Apparently we have been doing some heavy recruiting in the N Carolina area plus one from Jersey and one from Philly!
6/16/2020 - 2022 PG Jakwon Moore (6-4, 177, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
6/16/2020 - 2022 PG Dasean Lecque (6-0, 165, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
6/15/2020 - 2022 SG Jameel Brown (6-4, 170, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
6/15/2020 - 2022 SG Noah Ross (6-6, -, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
6/15/2020 - 2022 SG Jaquantae Harris (6-1, 183, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I hope we are still recruiting in NYC. That's where were got our last two best players.
Cards

Post by Cards »

triplec2195 wrote:Apparently we have been doing some heavy recruiting in the N Carolina area plus one from Jersey and one from Philly!
6/16/2020 - 2022 PG Jakwon Moore (6-4, 177, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
6/16/2020 - 2022 PG Dasean Lecque (6-0, 165, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
6/15/2020 - 2022 SG Jameel Brown (6-4, 170, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
6/15/2020 - 2022 SG Noah Ross (6-6, -, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
6/15/2020 - 2022 SG Jaquantae Harris (6-1, 183, 2★) has received an offer from Hofstra.
Some of these guys already have offers and interest from P5s. So if we follow the opinions of most on this board, we will have no chance at landing guys like Brown and Lecque.
Personally, I support offering top talent as we have nothing to lose. Certainly a top guy is not coming to HU if we don't putout the effort and make the offer. After back to back conference championships, if now is not the time, then when?