MBB: Game 34 - CAA Finals

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

MBB: Game 34 - CAA Finals

Post by Wags »

Anyone going to watch here tomorrow night?

https://twitter.com/HUPridePack/status/ ... 0832417793
HofstraHockey

Re: MBB: Game 34 - CAA Finals

Post by HofstraHockey »

A weird end for the other semi- CofC fouled with three seconds left, misses the middle of three shots, and accidentally hits the one he was trying to miss!

But, it was a close game, and a battle, so Northeastern had to use their top guys.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

I would have liked our matchup better if we were playing CoC, but it's 1 vs. 2 for the finals. They say to be the best, you have to beat the best and these are the two best CAA teams this year. Hopefully we can play play a better TEAM game tomorrow bring the D that only let up 25 pts in the first half.
Can't wait for tomorrow night!
Wags

Post by Wags »

Good omen for tomorrow night?

That game-winning 35-footer JWF hit to beat Northeastern this year... JWF scored 42 points on 15/30 shooting in that game.

Tonight against Delaware, to reach the finals against Northeastern... JWF scored 42 points on 15/30 shooting.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Can't wait for the game, this is the matchup I wanted. Beating Northeastern the only way to put a proper exclamation point on one of the all-time great Hofstra Basketball seasons.

This season has been especially important to me because as some of you know, my Mom had been very ill with cancer, and passed away this past Friday. This run has been a welcomed distraction to an otherwise complete bummer of a time. So I wish I was down there celebrating with everyone after we go dancing for the first time in 18 years, but watching it on the TV will do this time, and I'll be catching up with everyone wherever the NCAA sends us on Sunday.

Roll Damn Pride!!
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To Flying Dutchmen, So sorry to learn of your loss. My sincerest condolences goes to you and your family. I hope for you that Coach Joe and this special HU team can bring home a championship. Roll Pride!!!
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:Can't wait for the game, this is the matchup I wanted. Beating Northeastern the only way to put a proper exclamation point on one of the all-time great Hofstra Basketball seasons.

This season has been especially important to me because as some of you know, my Mom had been very ill with cancer, and passed away this past Friday. This run has been a welcomed distraction to an otherwise complete bummer of a time. So I wish I was down there celebrating with everyone after we go dancing for the first time in 18 years, but watching it on the TV will do this time, and I'll be catching up with everyone wherever the NCAA sends us on Sunday.

Roll Damn Pride!!
Very sorry for your loss Joe and glad this Hofstra season has provided a distraction from the tough experience. Hopefully will have a CAA title to enjoy Tuesday night and an NCAA tourney game to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

What day Is It???
GAME DAY!!!
Woot Woot
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:Can't wait for the game, this is the matchup I wanted. Beating Northeastern the only way to put a proper exclamation point on one of the all-time great Hofstra Basketball seasons.

Roll Damn Pride!!
Condolences to you - Flying D - always tough losing a loved one.
I hope that HU can provide you with more days of distraction - the next few days/weeks.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Roll Damn Pride!!
That's horrible FD and I hope you can find some kind of solace at a very tough time in your life. I felt like I lost a part of me when my Mom died. Condolences to you and your family and if a HU win is going to help the healing process all the more resolve to win this.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Very sorry for your loss FD. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I lost my mom a few years ago and it was a very tough time. My wife has been going through cancer treatments for the past few months so I too have be using this special season as a distraction. I hope this run continues to bring you some happiness in this very sad time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

If we're going to win this game vs NE and cut the nets which has been the battle cry from the opening tipoff and even before the start of the season TEAM HAS TO BE FIRST AND FOREMOST. This cannot be the JWF show as much as we love Justin we know that everyone has to contribute and we need points from Buie and we need a solid game from Eli with both Coburn and Ray getting some scoring. If D is what wins championships then we need to bring it and make that our #1 priority. We cannot give up wide open three's like we did yesterday in the second half in the right corner. I'm thinking 5 probably wide open looks while we have to hit one tough shot after another. If that means we have to play man to man D then so be it. I'm sure that JT and Justin will bring their games but we need a team effort here everything gets left on the court. Almost half of NE's shots will be three's because that's the way they roll. We need to contest the perimeter like we never have all year. They are a well coached team and we are familiar with each other. Lets go Hofstra and finally lets win the WAR!!
Polito

Post by Polito »

FD, appreciate you being able to share that with this board, brutal - won't even pretend to fully comprehend, but I do hope that in some way this helps the healing. Prayers, condolences, and celebration of life best wishes to you and your family from the Polito's.

For all of us, whatever your beliefs, let's keep this in our hearts today. And let's keep this HU team there as well - often wonder if athletes truly understand just how weaved into our lives, total strangers for the most part, they really are - a silly game we are all so vested in, but the interconnected lives and the role sports plays in that is what it's really all about - ROLL PRIDE BABY - let's FINISH this!!!!!

As for the game, man I'm right there with FD on this as well - forget the statistics, this is the championship - all that stuff is meaningless - I'm all in here,

I think NU is technically the best team this year, as I said when they beat HU... BUT it's darn close and that doesn't mean jack squat tonight. To take those nets takes both talent and MAGIC. Let's win this and prove beyond any doubt that this is HU's year, that HU is the leagues best, and there is no question about it. WIN, and there will be no doubt that HU earned their place among the best.

I don't care how, or in what way, just beat NU and show the nation we are the CAA CHAMPIONS.

Honestly, all I want is this: HU, play your true BEST today. Give them your absolute best, leave every ounce on that floor - do that, and I (and all of HU) will be proud. Last thing we want is to think man we were off, only if, what if, shoulda woulda coulda. Give this game 100%, and if the worst case happens then so darn be it - at least heads can be held high knowing they had to go through the toughest gauntlet possible. But if HU stays true to themselves, gives it their very best tonight, their VERY best, then I believe the long awaited HU victory will be fulfilled.

It's game day baby, let's suit up and get ready for war! G O H O F S T R A !!!!!!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Wags wrote: Good omen for tomorrow night?

That game-winning 35-footer JWF hit to beat Northeastern this year... JWF scored 42 points on 15/30 shooting in that game.

Tonight against Delaware, to reach the finals against Northeastern... JWF scored 42 points on 15/30 shooting.
Thank you for the comparison.

Flying Dutchmen, I'm sorry for your loss.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Flying Dutchman, so sorry for your loss. Let's hope a Hofstra win tonight can bring some cheer to you and your family. My condolences.
hualum

Post by hualum »

**Should have noted first and foremost - - -FD So sorry for your loss- may her memory be a blessing- very insensitive of me**

my thoughts- Hoping for the best- prepared for the worst"

It sucks that a 27 win team needs to win one game to go to the NCAA but we made our bed in UNCW (and vs. JMU) otherwise IMO we'd be a lock on a week bubble even with a loss. But that sadly isnt the case.
i always look for signs. Is it a sign that we WON'T Play UNCW? Is it a sign that we play a NORTHERN school down south - where playing Southern schools has always killed us?

I do think maybe CAA will wake up as I can't imagine a packed building for this game where sadly students and alum most likely just can't get there from New England/ NY area.
I love that it's Northeastern, even though they are (IMO) the best team left. If we beat them, we deserve it - if we don't - - -maybe they are just better.

It would be an absolute CRIME for JWF to not get a shot to be seen nationally - and I think a NCAA bid helps his potential NBA shot.
We need to play D tonight and SOMEONE else (JT? Buie? Eli? HAS to score 20+) they will be on JWF like white on rice.

i've loved this ride- but as much as I hate to say it- - -it's an after thought if we don't win tonight. Proud of them regardless- NO ONE could have predicted 27 wins. WE will be decent next year- but so will Delaware (Horton is insane) and CoC still has Riller- - this could be our window.

BTW- - - -IF We lose and don;t get an At-Large (which we won't) we would tie NCAA record for most wins by a team to NOT make the NCAA Tourney (Drexel and Oral Roberts with 27 in 2012)
Last edited by hualum on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Flying Dutchman sorry for your loss. Maybe Mom can put in a good word and divine intervention will bring us to the promised land with an NCAA bid
Cards

Post by Cards »

Roll Damn Pride!!
FD - very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom at the beginning of this season. And yes, this season has provided many moments of enjoyable excitement providing a respite from real life events. Will remember you and you family in our prayers. God bless.
hualum

Post by hualum »

Northeastern 2.5 point favorites.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

My condolences to all. And if we can summon any help tonight from the dearly departed, I will gladly accept it!