MBB Roster for 2022-23

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

MBB Roster for 2022-23

Post by Jojogunne »

So this is how our roster for 2022-23 is shaping up. Feel free to correct.

It's going to be difficult for the coaches to find playing time 8 or 9 players, let alone 13. I can see Farmer and possibly Carlos redshirting.

----------

Years of eligibility:

One year
F Nelson Boachie-Yiadom 6-8 GR
F Abayomi Iyiola 6-10 SR
G Bryce Washington 6-4 GR

Two years
G Aaron Estrada 6-3 SR
G Tyler Thomas 6-3 JR

Three years
G Jaquan Carlos 6-0 SO
G Darlinstone Dubar 6-7 JR
G German Plotnikov 6-6 SO

Four years
G Griffin Barrouk 6-5 RFR
G Khalil Farmer 6-3 FR
F Lual Manyang 6-10 FR
G Amar'e Marshall 6-4 RFR
F Christian Tomasco 6-9 RFR
garyg

Re: MBB Roster for 2022-23

Post by garyg »

I believe Estrada has two years left ?
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Not really up to speed on these players but I like the size (height) Finally not a bunch of undersized dwarfs :D
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:I believe Estrada has two years left ?
I believe that this is correct on Estrada and from everything I know Marshall is a WALK ON!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Jojogunne wrote:So this is how our roster for 2022-23 is shaping up. Feel free to correct.

It's going to be difficult for the coaches to find playing time 8 or 9 players, let alone 13. I can see Farmer and possibly Carlos redshirting.

I don't believe either Farmer or Carlos is redshirting. Why would Carlos redshirt? He right now is the assumed starting PG. He palyed limited minutes most of the season and for him it's put up or shut up time. I'm sure that he will be ready to go working his butt off based on Speedy recommendations as to how he needs to improve his game. Even if he isn't the starting PG I believe he will get substantial minutes.
----------

Years of eligibility:

One year
G Aaron Estrada 6-3 SR
F Abayomi Iyiola 6-10 SR

Two years
G Tyler Thomas 6-3 JR

Three years
G Jaquan Carlos 6-0 SO

Four years
G Khalil Farmer 6-3 FR
F Lual Manyang 6-10 FR
G Amar'e Marshall 6-4 RFR
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

As others said Estrada has 2 years left. Also Dubar has 3 years left.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Jojogunne wrote:So this is how our roster for 2022-23 is shaping up. Feel free to correct.

----------

Years of eligibility:

One year
F Abayomi Iyiola 6-10 SR

Two years
G Aaron Estrada 6-3 SR
G Tyler Thomas 6-3 JR

Three years
G Jaquan Carlos 6-0 SO

Four years
G Khalil Farmer 6-3 FR
F Lual Manyang 6-10 FR
G Amar'e Marshall 6-4 RFR (walk-on?)
OK, original post has been revised with two years for Estrada and three for Dubar.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Should we start the way too early starting lineup predictions?

I'll give it a shot:
Estrada, Dubar and Iyiola are locks
Washington I'd imagine is at least expecting to start himself otherwise wouldn't have transferred here.
The 5th spot is probably the most open and depends if Speedy has Estrada run the point or not. My guess will be Thomas starts at the beginning but by conference play Carlos is starting.

Plotnikov will probably backup up Dubar and Boachie-Yiadom will backup up Iyiola.

Figure that is probably the 8 man rotation for now but we still have 1 scholly to go which could change things.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraMathew wrote:Should we start the way too early starting lineup predictions?

I'll give it a shot:
Washington I'd imagine is at least expecting to start himself otherwise wouldn't have transferred here.
The 5th spot is probably the most open and depends if Speedy has Estrada run the point or not. My guess will be Thomas starts at the beginning but by conference play Carlos is starting.

Plotnikov will probably backup up Dubar and Boachie-Yiadom will backup up Iyiola.

Figure that is probably the 8 man rotation for now but we still have 1 scholly to go which could change things.
I believe that Washington always came off the bench so I don't think he starts here. Thomas was and will be a starter here. He didn't transfer here to come off the bench having started at SHU and being their leading scorer. The PG probably initially goes to Carlos by default. It's probably his to lose.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:
HofstraMathew wrote:Should we start the way too early starting lineup predictions?

I'll give it a shot:

I believe that Washington always came off the bench so I don't think he starts here. Thomas was and will be a starter here. He didn't transfer here to come off the bench having started at SHU and being their leading scorer. The PG probably initially goes to Carlos by default. It's probably his to lose.

This my starting lineup (same as triplec2195):

PG - Carlos - I think they made it clear - by not trying to keep Burgess - that the job was going to Carlos this year
G - Estrada - swings to PG when Carlos is out
G - Thomas - replaces Ray as our 3ponter
F - Dubar - my fav - solid
F - Iyola - an experienced big

Sub - Washington; Boachie-Yiadom; Plotnikov - collectively nice size and experience off the bench
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

This is all well and good. It assumes we will not add another player or that one or two listed may not be returning.

My guess is that we add an experienced PG, almost like a Cooks for a one and done year.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID80 wrote:This is all well and good. It assumes we will not add another player or that one or two listed may not be returning.

My guess is that we add an experienced PG, almost like a Cooks for a one and done year.
I'm all for getting the experienced PG hopefully it will happen.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

daHUPride wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:

I'll give it a shot:

This my starting lineup (same as triplec2195):

PG - Carlos - I think they made it clear - by not trying to keep Burgess - that the job was going to Carlos this year
G - Estrada - swings to PG when Carlos is out
G - Thomas - replaces Ray as our 3ponter
F - Dubar - my fav - solid
F - Iyola - an experienced big

Sub - Washington; Boachie-Yiadom; Plotnikov - collectively nice size and experience off the bench
Don't forget Manyang who's going to get minutes at the 5 for sure.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

I'll give it a shot:

Quoting my own post here to answer the comments on it. I think I mixed up Washington and Thomas in my head. You guys are probably right that Thomas is a starter. I really don't see Carlos starting the first game but will grow into a starting role. But this is as of the roster we have today; of course if we add a cooks like experienced PG they will start.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Here are pics of the six newcomers in a single thread:

https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/1 ... 7643535365
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

I see starters as Estrada, Thomas, Plotnikov, Dubar, Iyiola
However, Carlos may start if that lineup can't get guys enough touches
Washington, Boachie-Yiadom, Manyang are your primary backups G, F, C.
Barrouk, Farmer, and Tomasco would have to push their way in to minutes.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:I see starters as Estrada, Thomas, Plotnikov, Dubar, Iyiola
However, Carlos may start if that lineup can't get guys enough touches
Washington, Boachie-Yiadom, Manyang are your primary backups G, F, C.
Barrouk, Farmer, and Tomasco would have to push their way in to minutes.
Who do u have playing the point in that lineup?? Estrada?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

yes
They'll almost definitely have that lineup at times but how much depends on how it works with the other scoring guards on the court. Like cooks both of those guys were the focal point of their offenses last year, will they be able to share the ball?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I pity our redshirt freshmen. They sat all last year and probably won't see much action this year unless someone gets hurt.
HU87

Post by HU87 »

HUSID80 wrote:This is all well and good. It assumes we will not add another player or that one or two listed may not be returning.

Classically, HUSID knows or sniffs things out a bit earlier than most. I read this and immediately thought to myself "Carlos is transferring." Not saying that's what HUSID meant to imply... it's just not VERY hard to believe (and would be super unfortunate!).