Men's Lax 2017

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

Re: Men's Lax 2017

Post by Jojogunne »

The Shadow wrote:To Hofstra Hockey, according to a post on the Lax Power Message Board, if HU defeats TU and DU defeats UM, DU is the host for the games on Thursday May 4th and the Championship on Saturday May 6th.
Fairfield beat Towson today. If we win next week, we will be 4-1 and Towson will be 3-2. If Drexel wins next week, the Dragons will also be 4-1 and will host the CAA playoffs. We need UMass to beat Drexel.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

HUSID80 wrote:Still of concern is our weakness at face offs, we are consistency losing this battle and Towson, who we must beat on the road next week is strong at the X...hope Seth an Co. Can come up with some new wrinkles here.
I wonder why none of the reporters has asked coach Tierney why Clarke isn't playing?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Jojogunne wrote:
HUSID80 wrote:Still of concern is our weakness at face offs, we are consistency losing this battle and Towson, who we must beat on the road next week is strong at the X...hope Seth an Co. Can come up with some new wrinkles here.
I wonder why none of the reporters has asked coach Tierney when he expects Clarke to return to action?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

stuball888 wrote:Monmouth did beat #14 Villanova the first game of the season. They are a solid squad.
Don't look now, but Monmouth, our first regular-season opponent this year, just clinched the top seed in the MAAC playoffs:

http://www.monmouthhawks.com/ViewArticl ... M_ID=14300
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Jojogunne wrote:
The Shadow wrote:To Hofstra Hockey, according to a post on the Lax Power Message Board, if HU defeats TU and DU defeats UM, DU is the host for the games on Thursday May 4th and the Championship on Saturday May 6th.
Fairfield beat Towson today. If we win next week, we will be 4-1 and Towson will be 3-2. If Drexel wins next week, the Dragons will also be 4-1 and will host the CAA playoffs. We need UMass to beat Drexel.
Is it a tournament held at the top seed place? Everyone goes to the top seeds for the games?
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Right. Hofstra and Drexel would both have one conference loss, and Drexel wins the head to head. I agree the CAA should want it at Hofstra, but it's their own fault for losing.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Delayed, but was under the weather a few days...

Hey, major kudos to this team and staff - they weathered a major storm with a big time bounce back win against a solid club. See, I can give ST credit when it's due :D

Could've easily folded and let the season go as the last have before, but they manned up and took care of business. Issues still remain, and feel like they will all year, so guess it's score as much as friggin possible and hold on for as many W's as possible!

Showdown time with Towson. A brutal battle down to 1-2 goals wouldn't surprise. HU has continued to play well enough, and has done so on the road. Go get em.

The only game that matters looms on the horizon if HU can continue to TCB...
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Looking at the other top teams I think we need to beat Towson this weekend and then lose a close game to them in the championship to receive an at large bid (and even then that might not be a lock depending on how the rest of the games go). Too many other top teams out there. Just got to focus on winning the conference and not leave it to chance.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We dropped in the rankings this week even though we won. Last week we were number 7 in one of the polls. This week we're either 9 or 10 in all 3. Typical NCAA logic there.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Luckily the polls have no bearings on who makes the NCAAs. The RPI does though and we moved up slightly in that from 11 to 10. We have two top 20 RPI wins now in Princeton and UNC and a third against Towson would go a long way in boosting our at-large resume.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Looking forward to the Towson game and the CAA playoffs. This has been a bit of an unexpected fun season to follow HU Lacrosse.For next year , I see we have a lot of returnees. Looking at recruits on Laxpower, I see we have an Early commit from a Dylan MacIntosh from Canada. He is from the same town as Ben MacIntosh from Drexel. I believe it was Ben who beat us in triple ot in The CAA finals. Ben is enjoying a nice pro career these days. Is Dylan the younger brother? If so, it's a nice coup to have him choose us over Drexel. The video on him is impressive.
Keep winning and the recruit pipeline will flourish.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I don't they Ben and Dylan are brothers. Maybe they are cousins?

http://www.drexeldragons.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3590

It looks like Ben is playing in the NLL with Robert Church, another of Drexel's Hofstra-killers. If I remember correctly, Church once had seven goals against us:

http://www.drexeldragons.com/news/2016/ ... ?path=mlax
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

In case anyone missed this being shared on twitter, US Lacrosse Magazine wrote a great article about Kyle Gallagher, and how miraculous that he's even able to play for us this season.
http://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/me ... s-comeback
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Umass defeats drexel 14-8. We win tomorrow and win the CAA regular season outright and host the tournament
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Nice, the way it should be...we win, we host, should be great game.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

UNC led #1 Cuse 13-4 at halftime. After 3rd quarter it was 13-12. With 4 minutes left UNC leads by two goals 16-14. If UNC wins they can get in the NCAAs and that leaves only the winner of the CAA in the NCAAs. No at large for the CAA if UNC wins the ACC tourney
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

16-15 30 sec left
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

UNC wins beats #1 Cuse 16-15
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Of note, our women's team is currently down 17-0 against Stony Brook, at Stuart Stadium... Not a typo. They lost to Elon last weekend, which put them out of the running to make to the CAA tournament. Tonight's game will end another disappointing season for them.
At least the men (and every other HU sport) crushed them, so Long Island will still be blue and gold.