If it wasn't for HU MBB Twitter, I'd never know a thing.

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

If it wasn't for HU MBB Twitter, I'd never know a thing.

Post by Polito »

First, another big kudos to the folks running that - I love their twitter... it's active, current, interesting. Keep up the great work!

Second, now that the ticket sales group has added some 'muscle', I think marketing should be next. I'm not bashing, I know it's a challenge, but I believe whole heartedly it can be significantly improved and needs to be the next focus.

Has there been a single thing done outside of twitter to promote a huge home game against St Bona? I have seen literally nothing. I live in LI, I commute a couple of days a week into the city, I am an avid fan and actively seeking information, etc. and yet I have not seen a single marketing tool to put fans in the seats for this return back home for the team.

And let me tell you, the Bonnies are going to bring some fans. We've seen HU's numbers... granted as HUSID80 mentioned, the home games thus far have been not been one ounce of intriguing, but that makes games like this even more important.

HU needs to crank things up...in a HUGE way, and ASAP.
HUSID80

Re: If it wasn't for HU MBB Twitter, I'd never know a thing.

Post by HUSID80 »

Polito you're preaching to the choir here...there is almost no promotion off the campus or beyond social media and email blasts from what I can tell...been like that for years...Would surely love for someone to tell me differently but from my perspective as a DIEHARD fan I see NOTHING!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

They have to think outside the box. Look St Johns at 4,400 I understand and SBU is at 2,880. We are in between these two and yet we draw 1,300 so far. Will hold judgement until the OOC schedule is over. No reason why we should not outdraw SBU.Need to hold promotional events off campus and to spread the word.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

And, to add fuel to the fire, our in game, pre-game, halftime are not good either....
Wags

Post by Wags »

Doesn't help this year, but maybe next year, they could work out some doubleheaders (with discounted tix) with the Long Island Nets moving some of their home games to Hofstra or moving some Hofstra home games to the new Nassau Coliseum.

Couldn't hurt to try it for at least a couple of games just to see the effect on attendance, especially if the L.I. Nets have the same trouble drawing at first.
mlevin2

Post by mlevin2 »

Was a grad of HU in 06', and they always drew a nice size crowd then. There was however no fanship around campus. I think it has a lot to do with it being more of a commuter school. Most kids in class had no desire to attend any games.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

HUSID80 wrote:And, to add fuel to the fire, our in game, pre-game, halftime are not good either....
Even worse, the coach of the team that's playing at halftime is an Ohio state fan, so that group will be at Hofstra supporting stony brook since their coach is from osu. Poor planning on HU's part.
https://mobile.twitter.com/hewlettbucke ... 5494749184